WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin Ireland
“value for money,clean & friendly, what more can you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

very good value for money, spotless clean and staff were very helpful & friendly, would recommend it & will definitely be back, the only downside was we were evacuated in the middle of the night when someone set off the fire alarm, we didnt know what had happened as no one came to explain anything to us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TeresaDublinIreland
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear TeresaDublinireland,

Many thanks for your kind review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Belfast City centre. I am very pleased to see tha you found both the hotel and our services "value for money" and I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
May I also take this opportunity to inform you that as of 1st February we are now providing FREE wifi to all our guests.

Kind regards,

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Portadown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beds very uncomfortable location good . Poor value for money rooms very small. Got very little sleep. Worst bed I have ever slept in on the plus side very good central location. Good for both shopping and night life walking distance to trains

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TurkeyPortadown
Dear TurkeyPortadown,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to see that the location of Ibis Belfast City Centre was suitable for you visit to Belfast.

I am however surprised to see that you did not enjoy the comfort of our beds, as this is one of our strongest selling points.
We do suggest to all our guests that if you have any queries or problems to speak to a member of staff so that we can try and rectify the issue and make your stay more comfortable.

In terms of value for money, our room rates start from £39.00 prpn, for a Ibis branded hotel in the heart of the city we would tend to disagree with this comment.

I hope that you will give us a second chance to serve you in the future. You will also be able to take advange of our new FREE wifi which started from February 2013.

Kind Regards

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have just retured from what should have been a 2 night stay, but thank God escaped after just 1 night of hell.Arrived sat.. Room freezing cold, heater above door rubbish. Staff did bring extra blanket & heater. Went out Sat night, walking down Castle St was an experience in itself. The street outside stunk of Urine.. Maybe that's the Hostel directly opposite which was convieniently not mentioned in booking details. Drunks were strewn all over the street and lying in door ways.. Very Intimidating & disgusting location for an IBIS.

After a lovely meal out we returned for a drink in the bar. A sign clearly stated residents only.. But people were coming in off the street drinking. A group of roudy lads at the bar (this was only 9pm) were clearly being served till well into the early hours.
We went up to bed & were awoken at 3.50 but shouting, banging in the adjacent room (floor 9) .we rang down to reception as we were scared to leave the room and confront next door.. No reply from reception. The noise continued till 6am.. There is no exagerration it was continual Banging/swearing & shouting. God knows how many we're allowed to share the room..
We made our decision to leave , without even stopping for Breakfast & our second night.
Note to Mgr... instead of just posting the bog standard response on here, can you please explain why floor 9 had the people banging doors from 5am till 6.30 and the fire door by our room opening & closing. Are they Staff quarters & was it Staff we were subject to in the room next door.
****Avoid at all costs******

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank helent100
Dear Helent100,

Thank you for contacting Tripadvisor, regarding you recent stays at Ibis Hotel, Belfast City Centre.
As a customer focused hotel, I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience caused during you stay.

I am very surprised that you did not like the location of the hotel, situated in the heart of the city centre, approximately 2/3 minute walk from the main shopping area. In terms of the outside noise or crowd, all I can do is apologise as this is something that is outside our control. I do agree especially on weekends sometimes the streets in City Centre can be noisy but I think this is the case in most major cities.

I terms of other in house guests noise, again all I can do is apologise and assure you that we do take steps to keep the noise levels down in the hotel but in this case we have failed to do so.

I hope you received my letter from Cresta Holidays, if you wish to discuss this further please contact me at h7232-gm@accor.com

Again I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked in for 4 nights..no problems booking in.(£50 deposit if you pay cash).I asked for a certain room which I got..my room SPOTLESS..the BATHROOM/and SHOWER were also spotless..breakfast was fresh..i went for dinner two nights and was very satisfied with that also..the staff were more than helpfull..jean-claude printed my boarding card for my flight back home..BUT a wee special mention MUST go to SHAUNA as she was the most polite receptionist ive ever met..she also made sure I got a FRESH breakfast BEFORE I left for the airport,many thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tonythetash
Dear tonythetash,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. I am happy to see that you found the hotel and facilities very satisfactory.
I will pass on your comments to both Shauna and Jean Charles, whom I know will be delighted.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Hotel, Belfast city Centre.
Please note that from the 1st February we have started providing wifi FREE to all our guests.

Kind regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for exploring Belfast city, however all I can say is that you get what you pay for. It was just a place to stay for one night, however don't advise getting there late if you want to arrive safely, the car park adjacent switches its lights off at night so if you do park your car there bring a torch.

The room it's self is very basic, bed was like sleeping on a rock, bathroom was very small and not very clean and the heating system was broken. On top of this being woken up at 3am by a fire alarm set off by a group of drunk teenagers let into reception to carry on drinking was just unacceptable and left a bad taste for the whole of the city. We won't be coming back any time soon

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank George B
Dear George B

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Ibis City Centre.

I have spoken to the management of the carpark regarding the lights. As the car park is very rarely used during the night time I agree with them that to leave the lights on permantely is a waste of energy. However they have stated that when you enter the car park at night, do so through the main entrance and ask the staff to turn the lights on for you.

In regards to your other comments I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy the facilities in your room.
In order to investigate your comments further please feel free to contact me on h7232-gm@accor.com

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future and show you our usual high standards. You can also take advantage of our recenty FREE highspeed wifi connection throughout the hotel.

Portadown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and after trying a few other budget hotels in the city I have to say this is the best.

There is a car park across the street that customers can use and get a discount on. The hotel is in a great location only minutes from the shops, pubs and restaurants. Though it is centrally located it is far enough from the hustle and bustle to ensure a good nights sleep.

The rooms are spacious enough, the bathrooms are small but not uncomfortabley so. Rooms have everything you need. Beds are always comfortable. Rooms are always cleaned to a high standard. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

I would definitely always recommend the Ibis to anyone looking for a short stay in the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ibisbcc, Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear LinxNI,

I am very glad to see that you found the hotels location and facilities suitable to you accommodation needs and continue to give us your repeat business.

We look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future and hope you will make use of our recently started FREE high speed wifi connection throughout the hotel.