“Great Stay”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First time we had stayed here. We couldn't find fault with it. It was clean, warm, and comfortable, the staff were extremely helpful and we enjoyed the buffet style breakfast on offer.
We found it central to everything we wanted to do and see so all in all well done Ibis keep up the good work. We shall definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We are glad to hear that your stay with us was relaxing and that we exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated we have a superb team here who are committed to ensuring our guest enjoy their time with us. They all will be delighted to hear your comments. Thanks so much for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards
Vikrant Tyagi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent three nights at this hotel on a Newmarket Holidays short break. Very well situated for city centre although area was a bit run down. Room was typical budget business hotel room, clean with nice big shower. Twin beds very narrow but comfortable. No hand towels despite several requests. There were only four coat hangers in the room one of which fell apart, on reporting this to reception the coat hanger was removed but not replaced. The breakfast area was rather small and crowded, staff were finding it difficult to keep up with replenishing food and plates etc. The staff were doing their best but we got the impression that they were overworked. We ate in the hotel one evening. Despite extensive menus displayed in the room there was only a choice of two mains available and the food was very mediocre.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed one night ,October 3rd 2012. Have Stayed there before on a few occasions. The staff were very friendly . Room on 3rd floor. was very comfortable and clean. Ordered sandwiches on arrival as we were rushing to a show ,and were served quickly .Tea and Sanwiches were under £10. Lovely Buffet Breakfast next day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night which was enough - when we got to our room on the 8th floor we were shocked but it - it looks like a caravan the bathroom is sooo soon and it wasnt very nice.
When we came back from a night out we went down to reception to go out & have a smoke when we were stopped by the bouncers telling us we couldnt go out side for at least half an hour as there was too many people outside fighting etc - the location of the hotel isnt very nice and it doesnt seem very safe.
We order food when we got back into the hotel - chicken wings costed £6.90 when we took them back to the room to eat them they were black on the outside and freezing on the inside - you just couldnt eat.

Breakfast in the morning was very poor - so not worth the money

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Claire S,

As a customer focused hotel, I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your recent stay here at Ibis Hotel, City centre.
I am sorry to see that you find not like our unique bathroom pods, I do suppose it is just up to individual taste.
As a city centre hotel, we do take our guest security very seriously.

If you would like to discuss any of the issues you stated in your review, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02890 238888 or h7232-gm@accor.com

Once again I am sorry that you did not find your stay at Ibis Hotel city Centre, Belfast pleaseant and enjoyable but do hope you will give us the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the Ibis Belfast City Center hotel at the beginning of September 2012 on a trip thru Northern Ireland. I arrived on a train from Dublin at the Great Victoria Street Station and simply walked out the main entrance and turned left then walked 15 minutes to the hotel - the hotel sign is actually visible when exiting the station.

The hotel was, in my opinion, new/modern and clean but basic. If you've ever been to an Ibis hotel you already know what to expect. The hotel is in a marginal area but I never felt threatened. Castle Street is a relatively busy street that leads right into the heart of the downtown shopping area and City Hall.

Breakfast was available for 8 Pounds but wasn't included in my room rate so I can't comment on the quality. There was an Internet PC in the lobby to send e-mails at a rate of 1 Pound for 20 minutes but there was no printer.

The rooms were small, the bed hard and the pillows mushy. The rooms weren't as quiet as I would have liked; I heard doors slamming, toilets flushing and the showers of adjacent rooms. I particularly found the bathroom fan from the neighboring room both loud and annoying. The room included a flat screen TV, teakettle, full-length mirror, IKEA furniture, shampoo, hairdryer and blackout curtains that really worked to keep out the early morning sun.

I left on a Stena Line ferry to Scotland and was able to take public transit - there is a bus #96 that leaves from Upper Queen Street for only 1.80 Pounds direct to the ferry terminal and takes about 30 minutes. If you don't have a lot of luggage this is a very easy and cheap way to get to the ferry.

I thought the room small, noisy and the bed a little hard but I'd still recommend this hotel if looking for a place to stay in Belfast. The hotel was located close to the train/bus station, the building was new and the room clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Mark O

Dear Mark Olsen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.
As a customer focused hotel, your feedback is vital for us to maintain a good quality of service.

I am glad to see theat the hotel facilities, location, suitable for your trip.
In terms of the internet - printer issue, we can and do print off documents for guests from the reception, all you need to do is email through to us.

I am saddened to read that you did not enjoy the room comforts and that you were disturbed by surrounding rooms. As the hotel reception is open 24 hours, I would always reccommend that our guest do make the staff aware of any issues so that we can rectify any issues to ensure your stay is a pleaseurable and relaxing one.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave your review and will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel. The area is a bit run down and parking would have been a problem if we did not have a blue badge but the hotel was very modern and well presented. My wife and I had a room fitted out for disabled guests and our daughter had one adjacent with a connecting door. Ideal for us. We were also on the inside of the corridor which meant we had a poor view but no street noise; excellent.
We ate in the hotel one night but there was a bus party in and they really did not have enough staff to cope with the numbers and the service was very slow. That was our only criticism.
Overall, as a budget hotel, the Ibis was very good value.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Stuart M,

We do appreciate you taking the time to leave your review.

I am glad to see that on the whole you had a enjoyable stay here at Ibis Hotel city centre, Belfast. We do cater for a wide range of guests and am glad to see that our interconnectiing rooms were perfect for your requirements.
In terms of parking we do have an agreement with a carpark, within a two minute walk from the hotel.
Unfortunately we did have a large group arrive for dinner on that particular evening and I do apologise for the delay in being served.

Again Thank you for your review. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Hotel, City Centre on your next trip to Belfast.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had never been to Belfast, decided to see Titanic Exhibition and take in a tour 'Giants Causeway.
This Hotel offered a good deal for three nights 24 - 27 Sept, so was expecting pretty much a basic, maybe even sub standard type of accommodation, both my husband and myself were delighted to find, the Hotel was Central to everything, shops, attractions, buses, station, everything in walking distance.
The room was extremely comfortable, spotlessly clean, the bathroom although small was not a squeeze, everything wanted or needed to hand, the shower perfect, the evening meal, breakfast and service were excellent, the reception staff friendly and welcoming.
Thanks Ibis you largely contributed to our very enjoyable break away.
l would very much recommend this Hotel to anyone, and in fact already have.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat R

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis City Belfast. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards,