“Nice hotel in good area”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a nice enough hotel, but the showers have a mind of their own re temperature and don't bother with the breakfast. There are plenty of cafes on the next street with great value for food. TInned mushrooms just don't work.

Room Tip: Our room 609 was very noisy, with very thin walls
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baxter1
VikrantTyagi1, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by part of your experience saying with us at ibis Queen's Quarter, Belfast. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 02890333366 or email me on h7288-gm@accor.com to discuss this further. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Clean fresh rooms
Good location
Taxis very cheap or can walk to city centre if dry
Staff friendly & helpful on arrival and throughout our stay
Very near queens university
Some nice restaurants nearby also.
Cinema within walking distance too

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Queen's Quarter, Belfast very soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here as I was visiting Queens University, which is about a 5-10minute walk away; and the city centre about 15minute walk away.

As I had a early morning flight to Belfast, I arrived quite early at the hotel and the young girl on reception checked her system and said there was a room available and she could check me in early!! Fantastic!! She explained the breakfast and gave me the wifi code for the free wireless internet, which was fast for a hotel!!

The room itself was clean and pretty standard ibis hotel room, with the pod shower/bathroom, tea/coffee, tv with a good choice of channels. The best bit of the room, was the really comfy bed!! Didn't have any problem falling asleep.

The reason why I gave the place a 4/5, I noticed a coffee stain on the actually duvet through the duvet cover.

I normally stay with their rivals across the road, but definitely felt more at home here. Would definitely stay here again if the price is right!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay with us. Our staff works hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing and pleasant stay, and will be thrilled to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed 3 nights and enjoyed very much this hotel. We were supposed to stay only 2 nights and when we asked to stay one more night we have been offered a lower rate. Very friendly staff, room service available 24 hrs a day; for sure we will be back! Thank you everybody

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding our team they will be very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here in September for two nights the hotel itself is lovely situated about 20 mins walk from city centre(5 mins in a taxi!!!) the staff were very welcoming and friendly.
We had a triple room which was very spacious the room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable!!!! The bathroom was also very clean and small almost like a pod it seemed like it didn't belong in the room.
Breakfast was buffet style with everything freshly cooked and was quite tasty
I would only have 2 small negative things too say firstly the shower kept going from hot to cold not so nice first thing in the morning but would definitely wake u up!!!!
Secondly we did have food from the bar menu and it wasn't very nice seemed like it was just reheated it was very dry and tasteless :-(
But overall we really enjoyed our stay we would definitely return but wouldn't be eating from the bar menu

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mano24

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at at ibis Queen's Quarter, Belfast.I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I cannot fault this hotel - we booked up a couple of days before we arrived and as I have never stayed in an IBIS hotel before - we were pleasantly surprised. Rooms are spotless, bed was comfy and the bathroom/shower clean and functional. Good to get a late drink too.

What makes this place is the staff. We were welcomed by Luke a nice guy who gave us a few tips about the immediate area and could not have been more helpful. 10/10. The rest of the staff were a credit to the hotel too. Polite and courteous. Well done!

We didn't eat at the hotel, so we can't comment on the food, but we would have no problem staying here again.

Location is good - very cosmopolitan area.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Come and enjoy Belfast!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear that your stay with us was relaxing and that we exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated we have a superb team here who are committed to ensuring our guest enjoy their time with us. They all will be delighted to hear your comments. Thanks so much for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Took my girlfriend here and had a lovely stay. Very clean room and friendly staff. Great location with restaurants and bars nearby and a chance to enjoy the student atmosphere which we were looking for. Within walking distance to the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple