“Great staff, great location”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Great staff, great location”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very friendly staff here. So helpful with directions, cabs etc.
Location is great - plenty of nice cafés and shops nearby.
A 20 min walk into city centre on lively streets.
Breakfast mediocre.
Room clean and bright. Shower only (no bath.)
Good value, I thought.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear LadyBird43,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. Here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter we pride ourselves on our customer service, therefore I am delighted to see you had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay with us. I will relay your comments back to the staff who I know will be delighted.
We do hope you return again in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

First room had not been cleaned but we were swiftly moved to another room when this was brought to the attention of staff. Room basic but adequate and clean. Free WiFi useful. Staff very helpful and courteous. Room was cheap and for the price we paid it was perfect for one night.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear lealeag82,

Many thanks for your review. I am very pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I do apologise for the confusion regarding the rooms on check in, please be advised that we are taking the necessary steps to prevent this reoccurring.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Despite arriving 3 hours after we were due to check in we still had to wait for 15 minutes before the room was ready for us, which was rather annoying as we were in a bit of a rush to make it to dinner on time. When we were actually allowed in the room it was a good size but it wasn't as clean as it could have been (there were some hairs in the bathroom and some surfaces were dusty).

The Ibis is located about a 20-minute walk from the centre of Belfast, but it's very close to the Botanic area, which is a lovely area of Belfast. I would stay here again, but I think that the rate for the night is £15/20 more than it should be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Gemma B,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review.
As a customer focused hotel I am saddened to see that there was a delay with your check-in, I have spoken with the Housekeeping department so that they can take the necessary steps to prevent this reoccurring, please accept our sincerest apologies.
I am very pleased to see that this has not put you off from staying with us again.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was booked by my boss who thought it was in the city centre - it's not! Saying that its about 30 min walk or £3.50 taxi ride from town. The rooms are ok, pretty basic but with a good free wifi. On check in you are given a code for each night you are staying there which works for 24 hours. A bit cumbersome having 3 A5 sheets of paper hanging around waiting around to be used, however wifi is speedy and reliable.
The hotel itself is clean and bed was surprisingly comfortable. En suite is a "cabin" in the corner of the room, a bit like being in a caravan! Shower powerful enough though. Hair dryer is of the usual hotel standard I.e. doesn't have any power so take your own like I do if you don't want or sit forever. Can't comment on food or drink as we didn't have any there at all- for the price of their breakfasts you get something really good in town, so that's we did.
Staff were ok, nothing more. The Indian guy on early one morning was a bit surly but did begrudgingly print our boarding passes for us. Surprisingly the other staff were the least friendly we met in Belfast in our 4 days there.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room as they overlook the neighbouring church, mine - 309- looked over s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear catredgym,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.
As a customer focused hotel I am disappointed to see that there were a couple of aspects that you found lacking during your stay. As you can see from our other reviews our customer service is something we pride ourselves on, therefore I am very surprised to see that you found us "the least friendly we met in Belfast".
I am sorry to see that you did not like our unique bathroom pods, but I guess this is just down to individual taste.
I can confirm that we are a 15 minute walk from the Belfast City Hall, i.e. the city centre.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again, so that you can experience our normal high standard of service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When we arrived, we ask for the parking because on the website, they said the parking was free and included. What a suprise when we've been told the parking is certainly free because is the street. So we arrived and five minutes later, we've been disapointed. When we arrived to the roome, the room was smelly so we open the windows and the windows did'nt work. Also, the bed was not confortable, I had two mattresses which the second was smaller than the first with a simple cloth to cover the whole so all the sheet and the covers moved and I pass two horrible night with no sleep as you only provided one small pillow per person with no option to have more pillows. The shower was not working propely and when I told to the front desk, the girl (tall and big with blond hair) seem not care about the situation as she was busy with one of her colleagues. I will definitely not recommand this hotel as all the information they provided you is not the reality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear leycka,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. As a customer focused hotel I am very disappointed to see that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.
In order to investigate and reply to your comments can you please send your reservation details to me via email. My email address is h7288-gm@accor.com or you can contact me on 02890 333366.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Brill nite in hotel. We were at hen had family rooms which was perfect. Looked after well came home from night out big thank to night porter. Don't b put off by street it's located. It only 5 mins in taxi into city.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen M
Dear Karen M,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review through trip advisor. Here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter we are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards