“Typical of good Ibis”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed September 17, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

First room had not been cleaned but we were swiftly moved to another room when this was brought to the attention of staff. Room basic but adequate and clean. Free WiFi useful. Staff very helpful and courteous. Room was cheap and for the price we paid it was perfect for one night.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear lealeag82,

Many thanks for your review. I am very pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I do apologise for the confusion regarding the rooms on check in, please be advised that we are taking the necessary steps to prevent this reoccurring.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Despite arriving 3 hours after we were due to check in we still had to wait for 15 minutes before the room was ready for us, which was rather annoying as we were in a bit of a rush to make it to dinner on time. When we were actually allowed in the room it was a good size but it wasn't as clean as it could have been (there were some hairs in the bathroom and some surfaces were dusty).

The Ibis is located about a 20-minute walk from the centre of Belfast, but it's very close to the Botanic area, which is a lovely area of Belfast. I would stay here again, but I think that the rate for the night is £15/20 more than it should be.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Gemma B,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review.
As a customer focused hotel I am saddened to see that there was a delay with your check-in, I have spoken with the Housekeeping department so that they can take the necessary steps to prevent this reoccurring, please accept our sincerest apologies.
I am very pleased to see that this has not put you off from staying with us again.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was booked by my boss who thought it was in the city centre - it's not! Saying that its about 30 min walk or £3.50 taxi ride from town. The rooms are ok, pretty basic but with a good free wifi. On check in you are given a code for each night you are staying there which works for 24 hours. A bit cumbersome having 3 A5 sheets of paper hanging around waiting around to be used, however wifi is speedy and reliable.
The hotel itself is clean and bed was surprisingly comfortable. En suite is a "cabin" in the corner of the room, a bit like being in a caravan! Shower powerful enough though. Hair dryer is of the usual hotel standard I.e. doesn't have any power so take your own like I do if you don't want or sit forever. Can't comment on food or drink as we didn't have any there at all- for the price of their breakfasts you get something really good in town, so that's we did.
Staff were ok, nothing more. The Indian guy on early one morning was a bit surly but did begrudgingly print our boarding passes for us. Surprisingly the other staff were the least friendly we met in Belfast in our 4 days there.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room as they overlook the neighbouring church, mine - 309- looked over s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear catredgym,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.
As a customer focused hotel I am disappointed to see that there were a couple of aspects that you found lacking during your stay. As you can see from our other reviews our customer service is something we pride ourselves on, therefore I am very surprised to see that you found us "the least friendly we met in Belfast".
I am sorry to see that you did not like our unique bathroom pods, but I guess this is just down to individual taste.
I can confirm that we are a 15 minute walk from the Belfast City Hall, i.e. the city centre.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again, so that you can experience our normal high standard of service.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

When we arrived, we ask for the parking because on the website, they said the parking was free and included. What a suprise when we've been told the parking is certainly free because is the street. So we arrived and five minutes later, we've been disapointed. When we arrived to the roome, the room was smelly so we open the windows and the windows did'nt work. Also, the bed was not confortable, I had two mattresses which the second was smaller than the first with a simple cloth to cover the whole so all the sheet and the covers moved and I pass two horrible night with no sleep as you only provided one small pillow per person with no option to have more pillows. The shower was not working propely and when I told to the front desk, the girl (tall and big with blond hair) seem not care about the situation as she was busy with one of her colleagues. I will definitely not recommand this hotel as all the information they provided you is not the reality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear leycka,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. As a customer focused hotel I am very disappointed to see that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.
In order to investigate and reply to your comments can you please send your reservation details to me via email. My email address is h7288-gm@accor.com or you can contact me on 02890 333366.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Brill nite in hotel. We were at hen had family rooms which was perfect. Looked after well came home from night out big thank to night porter. Don't b put off by street it's located. It only 5 mins in taxi into city.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen M,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review through trip advisor. Here at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter we are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Ibis hotel the day before our stay on a late booking site. On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant male receptionist which couldn't find our booking due to our late booking on the internet, but couldn't have been more helpfull, as it was we were early and he kept our bags safe whilst we had a look around the area. When we returned another male receptionist greeted us who too was very helpfull, he asked if we would mind moving to the other Ibis hotel as it was over booked, we asked if he minded if we could stay put as the hotel we were in was just out of the town and my husband is a light sleeper, he was fine with that.
We found the hotel, clean,modern and tidy. I was apprehensive as this hotel was about £30 cheaper than other hotels in the location. I liked the pod bathroom even though it was plastic it looked very clean and easy to clean. I liked the laminate flooring which is easy to maintain, there was ample storage space and most of all for ourselves was the bed, it was comfy and we slept right through, when it said in the booklet that the rooms were sound proofed i can say they were as there was a small child next door which i heard in the corridor but not whilst we were in our room, fantastic nights sleep. The only problem i had was with the hair dryer which kept cutting out, i think was because i have long hair and it probably overheated, i didn't ring reception as i left it a few minutes and it kicked in again .We paid for the breakfast which had lots of different items from cereals, yogurts, pastries, fruit, varied drink choices , sausage, bacon, scrambled egg and beans, if i was to be picky maybe some hash browns or something similar on the hot food side as my husband is a vegetarian who doesn't eat eggs so he had beans on toast, like i say there was plenty of cold choice.
If i went to Belfast again i would stay at this hotel again .
Can i just add that everyone we met was friendly and helpful. BeLfast is a lovely city with plenty to do and see.

• Stayed: August 2013
VikrantTyagi1, Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I would like to apologise for any confusion caused when you checked in, we have passed our your comments for our reservation department to investigate.
Setting that aside I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.