WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
County Laois, Ireland
“Central location, standard room thin walls.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The Ibis has a great location, don't be put off by the odd run down house on the street as the hotel has all mod cons. Simple standard rooms, no more or less than you need for a city stay. Fully equipped room, friendly staff and spotlessly clean.
Down sides would be the bathroom which reminded me of a boat washroom with its plastic walls. Also the walls are paper thin. Dear couple who were arguing next door, we could hear EVERYTHING (not exactly hotels fault as they were very drunk and very loud).
Breakfast had everything you could need though I did wonder how long it had been sitting there.
Don't let these little things deflect from a great, central, value for money and friendly staffed hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Passionfortravel26,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us at Ibis Queens Quarter and that you found that hotel staff, location, mod cons and other facilities met your expectations.
I am disappointed to see that you did not like our unique bathroom pods, but I do suppose it is up to individual taste. I am sorry to see that there were a couple of issues that did put a slight dampener on your stay, please be rest assure that I will look into your comments and action those areas that I can do something about.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope you choose to stay with us if and when your travels brings you back to Belfast.

Kind regards

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Finnish first
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the ibis again for the second time recently. It is good value for money in a convenient location in belfast. The room I was staying in was one of the disabled rooms so the bathroom was very spacious. My only negative comment would be that there was quite a strong smell of the drains coming from the bathroom which was slightly off putting! It wasn't so bad with the door kept closed!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Belfast Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am happy to see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis queens Quarter and found us Great Value. I do apologise regarding that bathroom small, but please be rest assured that maintenance are looking into this issue.
I would also like to thank you for your loyalty and do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

On arrival the hotel looks shabby and the entrance area looks like it's not been cleaned for ages. The service was good though and room of decent standard. Location is excellent and plenty of good bars and restaurants nearby. Will book again and hope for a better experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohannF_13
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Johann F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Belfast Queens quarter very soon. I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we now offer FREE wifi throughout the hotel.

Kind regards,

Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here with my sisters. We didn't expect much from the hotel facilities and merely wanted somewhere to stay whilst we were on a night out in Belfast. The triple room was fine and clean. The bathroom was a good size. We had a comfortable night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning wasn't great as the bread was quite stale. It was good value for money and the location was good. It suited our purpose perfectly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear LAH24,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter.
Please be aware that we now offer FREE wifi throughout the hotel to all our guests.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago with a friend, we have stayed before and each time we go back it's always enjoyable! The room was comfortable and clean, not much of a view (a back alley) but it didn't really bother us as we were out for the evening. Bathroom was very big and clean, shower was lovely and powerful. I've stayed in both Ibis in Belfast and have to say I'd prefer this one, I just found it more comfortable and nicer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Walkabouter201,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments to Tripadvisor. We here at ibis Queens Quarter are pleased to see your repeat custom.
I am glad to see that the hotels facilities and location were suitable for your visit.
You may also be pleased to hear that we now offer FREE wifi throughout the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

It was my second time staying in the hotel and again I had a pleasant stay. Room was spotless as was bathroom. Bed comfortable. We had planned to shop downtown but traffic was bad in town so we decided to park by the hotel and chance an early checkin shortly after 1pm which to our good fortune was possible! There's no onside car park but I knew this in advance and was happy to park for free on the street. As it was a flying visit we did not make any use of the bar or restaurant but the hotels location means that you have lots of options nearby (Molly's yard round the corner being a good tip but do reserve in advance! )

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Munich_wanderer,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. It is great that our well-located hotel, facilities and staff service met your expectations and made your stay a comfortable one. We would also like to thank you for your loyalty. I would also like to take this opportunity to make you aware that we now offer FREE wifi connection to all our guests throughout the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards