“3 course set menu disappointing ”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rhubarb

Rhubarb
Ranked #165 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British, Irish, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“3 course set menu disappointing ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Went here as group of 5 and ordered from set menu of 3 courses for. £25. Food was ok. Main was very small. Desserts were good though. Service wasn't great and like below a 10% service charge was handwritten on the receipt and they had overcharged us. They also made a mistake with our order so I felt this was very cheeky to write this on. I doubt il be returning soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great value with a lovely atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Great value food thT is far from ordinary. My starter of goats cheese was delicious. Main courses were hearty and warming. Service was super with very pleasant staff. One drawback was that tables are quite close together and the night we were there a very loud, almost raucous works'party dominated the atmosphere. Staff were apologetic! Overall really worth a visit for contemporary food combined with BYO.

“Overpriced but Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I ordered the burger and chips off the menu, it wasnt anything special at all for around £10. Was just a typical burger with about 7 chips on the side, pretty plain and Im pretty sure I would have got a nicer one at a chippy. Needs more on the plate - esp charging what they did. Friend ordered the fish and it was excellent. So a good honest place, lower the prices slightly and give a bit more to get a bigger crowd in.

Ennis, Ireland
“what food, what value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We arrived at about ten past 6, and the restaurant was pretty empty...turns out they had a party of 30 booked in for 7. The hostess and I "eyed" each other up and figured we could both make it work. So glad we did! (We were done at ten minutes to 7...not necessarily the pace I'd like but our two kids aged 7 and 9 thought it was perfect!)

Food was all around very good - we all happily ate off the prix fixe menu. The food was nicely presented and well-cooked. My only complaint was that it wasn't sufficiently seasoned: the dressing on the caesar salad was deliciously creamy but lacking in garlic, my mashed potatoes definitely needed more salt. I suppose it's much easier to add salt than take it away :)

Glad we grabbed two desserts for take away - the sticky toffee pudding was good (toffee was excellent), and I had a peanut butter "cheesecake" that was pretty phenomenal once all the flavours were combined!

To my "southern" wallet, £72 (or €85) for four two-course meals plus two desserts, of this caliber, is phenomenal value. We'd do well to get out of a restaurant at home for that, with kids eating off the children's menu!

• Visited November 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Almost a Pop-Up-Restaurant (In a Good Way)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Happened upon this restaurant which was a short walk from our hotel, The Europa, and the manageress squeezed us in even though the place was really full and we didn't have a booking.

Seating is for only about thirty and it has a 'Bring Your Own Bottle' policy (although non-alcohol drinks are available). With an open kitchen this hideaway has great ambiance.

The menu is modern and varied with only a view carefully selected items.

My husband had a steak and I had the salmon. Our potions were generous and extremely delicious.

We will definitely be back.