“Best Taxi tour in Belfast!”

Paddy Campbell's Belfast Famous Black Cab Tours
Ranked #1 of 116 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: *If you would like a tour with PADDY CAMPBELL'S BELFAST FAMOUS BLACK CAB TOURS be sure to follow the information above as there are others masquerading as Paddy Campbell's Belfast Famous Black Cab tours and they are nothing to do with us.* We offer a professional and friendly service with the focus on customer care. As of 2014 we are now a World Host recognized Company for Excellence in Customer Service, with almost 90% of all our drivers obtaining a World Host guide qualification. We do our very best to ensure that our clients have an informative and enjoyable experience in our city, this is why we have such a good reputation and are the Number One tour operator in Belfast. Our vehicles and drivers are licensed by the Department of the Environment, a statutory local Government body. You do not pay for the tour before the tour commences, you pay at the end after you are satisfied and happy with the service provided. You are not penalized for tour cancellation, as long as you give adequate notice of cancellation. With over 28 years taxiing experience and over a decade of that providing taxi tours, we have now established ourselves as one of the most popular and accountable tour operators in Belfast City and have been selected as the only operator to be used in the majority of the hotels in the city. We can give you accommodation and general tourist advice for which we do not receive commission, from either client, recommended attractions or hotel chains, etc.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently spent 3 days in Belfast with my mom and sister and we had booked a black taxi tour on our last day there. This was my 3rd time in Belfast and I think that the taxi tours are a must for anyone visiting the city. I had called & booked a tour through Belfast Tours one morning and arranged for them to pick us up at our hotel at 5pm. At 5:20pm, no one had arrived at the hotel to pick us up, so I phoned again. The company had no record of our trip and they weren't helpful at all. I was very frustrated-we were leaving the next day and that was a big draw for why we spent a few days in Belfast. Tourists should be cautious when booking a black taxi tour-the industry is not regulated at all, so any cab driver can pick up you and offer to give you a tour at a high rate and without much knowledge

Thankfully, the receptionist at our hotel told me she knew of a good company and she would get someone over to the hotel quickly. Kylor with Paddy Campbell's showed up within 20 minutes and we quickly realized that we were really lucky the other company didn't show-Kylor was great! He had a nice sense of humor, seemed like a very genuine person and he was vastly more knowledgeable than the other 2 cab drivers (from other companies) I've had on my past trips. He felt strongly in giving us both sides of the story, although he had lived in one of the neighborhoods we toured-there's no way I could tell you which viewpoint he supported.

Kylor took his time touring us through the 2 neighborhoods, answered all of our questions and even offered to stop and take our photo several times. His enthusiasm to educate us was wonderful! My only regret is that I didn't have a better understanding/knowledge of the turmoil and events because Kylor clearly had a lot more he could have shared with us. If you are looking for someone who knows a great deal about the troubles in Belfast-you should definitely request him as a tour guide. Our tour lasted almost 2 hours and we were left happy to have a better understanding of the situation and history of the troubles in Belfast.

Thank you Paddy Campbell's & Kylor for a wonderful experience, I hope to visit again and will definitely recommend you to anyone visiting Belfast!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This is hands down the best tour I have been on!
Paul our tour guide was on time to the hotel to pick us up, after introductions we got underway!
We spent time in the cab and also walking around the conflicted areas.
All of our questions were answered and some that we didn't even think of.
This is a great tour!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We're Canadians and it was our first time overseas and first time in Belfast. I had booked this tour after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor. Not only did we luck in with beautiful weather, but Paddy was great - friendly, punctual, informative, unbiased with the Belfast mural tour, and most importantly stopped for washrooms when we needed them! We continued our day with visits to the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (a must! - wear good walking shoes) and the Giant's Causeway (take the shuttle), DunLuce Castle where we met new friends in the lovely little restaurant and other incredible stops along the way (think Game of Thrones locations).... He was very proud to show his beautiful country and we were oh so happy to share in that beauty. Even after a long day, he was kind enough to drop my husband off to the chemists. Thank you, Paddy,for taking all of the pictures of us - we managed to lose the camera the next day, but it was found by a good Samaritan and handed in to the Belfast police station. If we had lost all of those wonderful pictures, we would have been very sad indeed. Thank you for sharing your incredible country with us.

Katie & Jim Kirkpatrick

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I have lived in Belfast since April, but have had little time to explore. We had some friends visiting, and thought it would be a good opportunity to take a tour and learn more about Belfast's history.

My wife fixed up the tour by sending an email; Paddy's response was prompt, friendly and efficient. He arranged for Tom to meet us at a convenient spot the next day. Tom proved to be a most excellent tour guide. His friendly manner and first-hand knowledge of Belfast's troubles meant that we had a wonderful 2 hours, visiting the Shankill and Falls Roads, writing on the peace wall and learning about the many murals. The history of these areas are complex, yet Tom explained them in a way that meant that we understood them quickly.

We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Paddy Campbell's tours and Tom to others.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Kyler made our day one to remember. He was friendly and answered our questions. He collected us from our hotel, brought us around the city explaining the history and connecting all the pieces of the jigsaw together. Highly informative and certainly a 'must do' on any trip to Belfast.