“simply best review in belfast”
Review of Lagan Backpackers

Lagan Backpackers
Ranked #11 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
Melbourne, Australia
“simply best review in belfast”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

if you're staying in Belfast, pretty simple stay no where else!!!
William is the best host.
Amazing breakfast, dinner and other deals.
Great atmosphere, felt really safe and at home during the stay.
Plus... William was able to send me my charger when I lost it during my stay. Just little extra bonuses like this that you wouldn't expect for the price it really is amazing value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Lagan backpackers is located towards the south side of Belfast, very near to Queens University. It is a short trip to the city centre.

The hostel is a fun and welcoming place, within 5 minutes one will be well acquainted with staff and other guests. There is always something happening in the evenings so you'll never be stuck for a group of new people to hit the town with.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a good time at this hostel. We found that William the owner was ver hospitable and friendly, as were his other staff working there. He was able to point us in the right direction in terms of sites, and never tried to sell us any tours. However, the tour that he did recommend we went on, and it was fantastic- highly recommend the black cab tours of the murals. The breakfast was great! The hostel was also clean.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucerne
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

It was for sure one of the best hostel in Ireland. Not because it was clean, shower was hot, enough space in the room, incl. breakfast, wifi or thinks like that.. No! Because the athmosphere! You really feel welcome and get instructions, where you are and where to go, what to see. Meet people and the staff and the owner from the hostel! Had funny, interesting, talkative nights with you! Thank's to everybody!!

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Lagan Backpackers is a small hostel with a great atmosphere and really friendly staff. When we checked in William the owner told us to get settled and to come back down and pay when we were ready after settling in he showed us on a map of belfast all the places we should explore and gave us really helpful information he also helped us to arrange a black cab tour for the next morning since it was just my friend and I it was great to be paired with three others staying at the hostel to save money on the tour and to have it all arranged for us. The hostel can be a little bit loud but the atmosphere is much nicer than a big industrial hostel and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The owner, William was verbally aggressive towards guests and staff members. He even threatened to fight a guest when he was drunk one night! He is rude and completelt unprofessional. The state of the hostel is a disaster with almost everything broken or falling apart. It's dirty and smells of mold. It is so loud well after quiet time and no one enforces it. People were doing drugs in the hostel too. I highly recommend not staying here at all.

• Stayed August 2012
13 Thank fashionista_17
laganbackpackers, Owner at Lagan Backpackers, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
You guys again. get a life. You were removed from the hostel months ago.
Get a life! Lots of spare time creating new profiles
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Please be careful of staying in this hostel. I have been very badly bitten by bed bugs. At first the hostel seemed OK not as good or clean as other hostels that I have stayed in but it would have been fine for the night as I know I was not spending much time there apart from to sleep. . I saw a bed bug in the hostel the morning after sleeping and was slightly concerned, this was followed by my noticing some spots on the sheet at the bottom of the bed when packing my bag. We checked out and as the day progressed I began coming out in bites. By the end of the day I was covered in bites everywhere especially where my skin was exposed. Not only am I dealing with itchy painful bites, something like I have never experienced before I am also dealing with the anxiety that I have taken these creatures home with me. I have emailed the hotel to tell them what I experienced but have not yet had a reply, this combined with previous reviews and responses to said reviews makes me wonder if they will even deal with the issue. Was barely in the hostel so did not have much dealing with the staff but they seemed friendly enough, breakfast was fine but I would save myself the hassle and book somewhere bedbug free!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank Jujuface
laganbackpackers, Owner at Lagan Backpackers, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
You guys again. get a life. You were removed from the hostel months ago.
Grt a life! I see all your reveiws were submitted in one day to make it look more legit! Nice one!!