“Titanic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Northampton
“Titanic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel recently. I hadn't visited Belfast for 35 years so was not sure what area to choose. This hotel was great, it was in the right location (you can walk to the Titanic Quarter), close to the town centre and amenities. There were plenty of restaurants and bars that you could walk to, and the residents of Belfast are the most amazingly friendly people. The hotel was very busy with coach tours etc but this gave it a great atmosphere. The Irish Breakfast was very good and well worth the money. I would most certainly stay here again. The rooms were comfortable and not too noisy.

Room Tip: My friends and I stayed in a variety of rooms in different locations and they all said there was lit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your recent visit to Belfast.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location in Saint Anne's Square and scored us so highly for service and food.

We really do hope you will come back to visit again in the near future.

Ramada Encore Belfast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked to stay at the Ramada for a couple of nights on a special price advance deal with no cancellation option, and had to pay in full in advance. It's reasonable to assume, therefore, that a room would be available for me when I arrived.
On arrival I was told they had no space so I had been bumped from the Ramada (£120 per night) to the Days Inn (£39 per night) - but that was OK, as I wouldn't have to pay any extra!
In the ensuing discussion, the staff told me that it is this hotels practice to book to 120% capacity all the time and they 'play the gamble' that people won't show up. There's no refund either, but they would book me a taxi to the other hotel, and I wouldn't even have to pay for it!
Shocking service!
So, if you do book here - make sure you arrive good and early to try to get into the room that both you and somebody else has booked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Karl R
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent visit to Belfast.

I fully understand your disappoinment at not being able to stay with us at Ramada Encore. At times the demand for our rooms exceeds our finite supply and with regret we have to outsource rooms to alternative hotels. It is always difficult for everyone invloved when this is the case and I do assure you that our management team are aware of your feedback.

I would like to invite you back to stay with us, please contact me directly when you would like to book and I will organise a complimentary upgrade to one of our Executive rooms.

Basingstoke
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay of three nights. The room lacked air con as did the bathroom. The bed was creaky and uncomfortable.Room lacked a wardrobe and carpets. Very noisy doors with noisy drunks till early hours. Very noisy on 1st floor(possibly higher floors) from thumping music till midnight.Breakfast food area to small when busy.A good hotel and a noisy bar are not compatible,.surely this is common sense, or is everything profit driven at the expense of a good nights sleep .I booked this hotel for its NAME, I have learnt that sadly this is not the case and feel let down. However the staff were always polite and respectful its one redeeming feature. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels world wide and rate this a two star, not four..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear of your experience, I know the bar was vibrant and busy over the Belfast Culture weekend which may have coincided with your stay.

It was pleasing that you found the staff respectful and helpful and had we been aware that your stay was being affected by noise we would certainly of tried to accomodate you in a different room.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Armagh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I use the bar every Wednesday when I'm down in Belfast at the MAC.The bar is lively with great staff - very friendly.
I decided to stay here for the Belfast Culture night. It was slightly more expensive than the nearby Premier - but this is a case of you don't always get what you pay for. The room was very basic - minimal. The bed was comfortable. Maybe because I booked through an online site (the hotel quoted £95 but got it on Late-rooms for £72.50) I got a less desirable room overlooking the multi-storey carpark. The hotel is non-smoking but my room stank of smoke. I sprayed deodorant and the receptionist said she would send someone up to spray it - but it didn't make any difference.
The bathroom is tiny and the shower poor. The toilet is low quality and the button was broken off the flush.
There is laminate flooring in the bedroom - I slipped on it and fell whilst wearing my socks and hurt myself.
I ate in the bar. The food was lovely and reasonably priced. The service as always was great. There is a fantastic team of friendly staff which makes a visit a pleasure but I would be reluctant to stay next time I'm in Belfast.
The hotel is in a good location for the Cathedral Quarter but I would book the Premier next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colm M
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your recent stay.

On Belfast Culture night the hotel was at full capacity, and our location in Saint Anne's Square meant you were central to all the attractions.

I am disappointed to hear of your experience with the room, we pride ourselves on the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms and I will ensure that housekeeping and maintenance are aware of your feedback.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just enjoyed a 2 night stay here with the wife , having taken advantage of the hotels online romantic 2 night break for two !! . A lovely bottle of prosecco wine and a box of thorntons chocolates in room on arrival , also 1 nights dinner and breakfast on 2 mornings . A well kept vibrant hotel in a great area . We loved it !........ty

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed a romantic city break in the Ramada Encore.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

n.ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the weekend of 13th and 14th sept.A modern hotel in the heart of the city in the cathedral quarter of Belfast, beside st. Anne's cathedral. Although the hotel does not have its own car park there is st parking in front of the hotel and a car park behind the hotel.The staff are young friendly and very professional.The bedrooms are very clean, modern and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities. There is a good atmosphere in the hotel with holiday buses arriving regularly, there is a happy few hours in the bar between 3pm and 7 pm drinks are £3 and cocktails £3. And music from 7 to 9 with a very talented,easy listening band putting there own twist on classic songs. The food at the hotel is very good, and the breakfast is first class with a great variety of choice from full cooked breakfast to continental. The hotel is also beside many good restaurants and bars, like the potted hen and the duke of York bar,where, for those who smoke, have to go to get cigarettes as the hotel does not sell them. Also the Victoria square is within easy walking distance.
Overall a very good weekend experience and will be back again soon
Ps. just a little mention for Jason who looked after us well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback after your recent stay.

I will pass your comments on to the team and we do hope you will come back again soon!

Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Lots of coach parties staying which had pressure to staff at breakfast. Breakfast dining experience rushed, busy and not relaxing I am afraid. General cleanliness was good and Staff were helpful and friendly. The evening food its a good quality - One of the staff was good at proactively suggesting that I sit in a quiet corner away from a large party; this was appreciated. Limited Wiki access - you get 30 mins free which facilitates checking basic emails and you have to pay £4 for 2hrs for better and longer access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your recent business trip.

I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly, I appreciate that it was a busy breakfast service on the morning of your stay, we do find that our location in Saint Anne's Square is really popular with both tourists and business guests.

I do hope you will come back to us again in the near future!