“Ramada Encore, Belfast”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I found the room clean and well serviced, breakfast was fresh and plentiful, evening meal was tasty and well presented with good sized portions. Staff where well groomed and helpful, good deals on cocktails between 3-7. Hotel in walking distant to everything (shops, bars, city hall ect, ect,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert G
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your romantic break with us. I agree that the location is ideal for those people wanting to see the city.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future but in the meantime if there is anything that either myself or the team can do then please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel.

Hants
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I spend many nights in hotels across the UK and unfortunately when I come to Belfast, as I am forced to stay in this horrible hotel. It is lacking absolutely everything. Room service has a tray charge of £7.50 with the choice of 5 meals!
No air conditioning what so ever, so I ask if there is a fan and I am asked the bloody stupid question of "Have you opened your window?!" No, I left it closed and now I am asking for a fan!
Request an ironing board which is left in my room, go to iron my shirt and it leaks water everywhere, all over the floor, all over my shirt, doesnt iron properly.
Go to connect to the internet using the RJ45 cable, doesnt work, go to connect to the wireless, £3.99 for 2 hours of usage! for that price I can get unlimited wifi at home.
Shocking service, shocking hotel and hate having to visit Belfast because of this crap hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank Businessman999
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m sorry that your stay was anything less than satisfactory but I thank you for your comments especially regarding room service, we are now looking at way to improve our offering.

If you would like to discuss your stay direct with me then please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Newtownards, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, and although the hotel has many good points - the thinness of the walls between rooms is a definate put off! Last time I stayed I was wakened by the phones ringing in other peoples rooms at 6am with early morning alarm calls! It had taken me hours to get to sleep because of a constant hum in the room and the snoring of the guy in the next room! On neither or the times I stayed was I asked at checkout if I had a pleasant stay and therefore I feel justified writting this review .
The bar food was lovely - burger and chips and fish and chips all excellent. The breakfast was lovely when I found a clean plate to eat it off! I would have said something to the staff , but having had only a couple of hours sleep didn't feel up to a confrontation!
The hotel is in a good location and car parking not to badly priced, £12 for overnight parking.
The rooms was very clean, but the disabled toilet is very high (neither of us are disabled) and I don't like a wet room but that's just me. No wardrobe , not a problem if only staying one night but I'm sure people staying longer would prefer an enclosed wardrobe rather than coat-hangers on a wall. No fridge/safe or iron -also gain negative marks !
Overall but it is the noise that puts me off and makes me rate it so lowly.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here bring earplugs!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam S
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed some elements of your stay. All of our rooms are modern with a contemporary feel and all have wet room with power showers. I’m sorry that you found the staff unhelpful and this information will be passed on to the Front of House Manager so we can ensure that this does not happen again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Along with some friends we have eaten in the SQ restaurant a few times over the last 2 months. I have to say the food has been excellent every time and the chef cooks local produce brilliantly. My personal favourite is the Mourne lamb with the Belfast version of Steak Frites being a close second. If you are looking for somewhere in town with a refreshingly local menu with very helpful staff then I can highly recommend dining at the Ramada Encore. We live in Belfast and were pleased to find somewhere so good only 3 miles from our home. I must say a particular thanks to the restaurant manager, John Morris, who was extremely kind and helpful when we dined at the restaurant last night. All the staff we have met are extremely pleasant and promote a lovely relaxed feeling in the bar and restaurant. 5 stars from us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank norniron777
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed the SQ Bar & Grill Restaurant. I agree that the Mourne Lamb dish is a popular favourite among the team. I’ll pass on your comments to our F & B Manager John who can share with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you to the restaurant again in the near future but in the meantime if there is anything that either myself or the team can do then please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel.