“Excellent hotel and location”

Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here 1st weekend in June. Had a fabulous time. Staff on reception are so friendly and helpful. Food excellent. Great buzz in the bar (even seen a few celebs, but won't mention names)!!. Rooms excellent. Couldn't fault this hotel at all. Titanic Centre just a short journey in a taxi (hotel will get you taxi straight away). Recommend you do the City Tour. The two of these tours are a must. Great experience. City Centre is just a few minutes walk away. If you have any questions or need any advice contact PJ Townsend at Northern Ireland Tourism. He was fantastic. His email is p.townsend@nitb.com. (I hope he doesn't mind me giving this information, but he did make it easier for me).
Annette and John Caffrey, Wexford

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor. No noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the reception staff friendly. The Titanic Belfast exhibition is a must see.

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

from the second we arrived to the second we left, the customer service was fantastic.when i phoned to confirm the booking the staff were so pleasant.the staff full stop couldn't do enough for us. thank you very much. the food was fantastic, the room clean, tidy, nice and warm! :) and everything we needed.
i personally would be a stickler for customer service and the first to point out any negatives, this hotel experience relaxed me, and i enjoyed the stay, it was a totally positive stay and will be back!!. the breakfast.... yummy! fantastic choice, not cold at all. management were friendly and just as helpful, so the staff have great examples.

thank you very much, we really did love the stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the customer service was excellent. I will pass these comments onto the team.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

only came here as we got a £20 deal! needless to say we will return. excellent location, easy parking . nice 24h bar . any chance if dimming the lights after 00.30 and some nice music ? see you soon !

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree that the location is ideal for seeing the local attractions.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, it's right in the city centre and you can walk to the Titanic museum in about 25 minutes or into the shopping district in 5. The rooms were clean and well set up and the staff were friendly and helpful. The downside were the facilities and bar - the breakfast is £10 and is just a basic hot buffet- you can walk five minutes and all of the cafes are in a price war to give the cheapest Irish breakfast (the cheapest I saw was £3.25). The room service menu consists of five dishes which look to be just heated up microwave meals and they will set you back £15 with the tray charge. The bar wasn't particularly well stocked, they stopped serving early on the first night we were there because they wanted to cash up, and they can't mix cocktails.

Having said all this, for £60 a night I still recommend it. You can eat and drink at the best places in Belfast for the sake of five minutes walk into the centre, but if you are planing on spending a lot of time in the hotel maybe pick somewhere with better food and drink.

A taxi from Belfast International costs £30 to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments regarding the food & drink and these will be forwarded onto the F & B Manager. If you would like to discuss you stay further, then please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed 6 days over 2 weeks. The hotel seemed constantly full of coach tourists who all wanted breakfast at same time. The self service breakfast area is woefully inadequate for such large numbers, queues at the 2 hot drinks dispensers and a crowded buffet area raises concerns over risk of accidents. Staff were hard pressed and it was difficult to find a seat without having to clear the table first. The showers were cold on 3 mornings of the 6. Staff were unrepentant but was assured twice it was fixed by overriding the trip. Unsurprisingly this was not a fix. Finally, I complained and was treated to an evening meal. On the plus side the breakfast was actually better than most competitors and rooms were comfortable. If the breakfast was better managed and the showers worked every morning it would score highly. Not a hotel for guests staying whilst on business.

Room Tip: Rooms facing main road are noisy but good restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stevemerlin
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m please that you enjoyed some elements of your stay. If I could ask you to contact me direct at the hotel to discuss your stay personally.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for three nights last week to visit Titanic Experience and Giants Causeway. The hotel was very well situated and no problem with hot water for showers, etc. Room was excellent although don't expect wardrobes or drawers but then there was hanging space which was adequate. The breakfast was really good and the choices numerous. Would definitely recommend for a short visit to Belfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m please that you enjoyed your stay. I defiantly agree that our full Irish breakfast is a great way to start your day and there is plenty of choice for all.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice hotel in central location. Room was basic but clean and ideal for a short break however there was no hot not even warm water in the morning to shower. If you can cope with cold showers you will have no problem but i did my best but could not manage to shower or wash my hair. Really unfortunate as other than that the experience was good. Do not under estimate the impact this can have on your hotel experience or your holiday especially if you are a clean freak like me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m please that you enjoyed most elements of your stay. I’m sorry that you had to experience issues with the hot water, this is not a normal occurrence and I can only assure you that it was a technical fault with the boiler and once restarted was fine.

If you would like to contact me direct at the hotel then I would be happy to discuss your stay direct.