“No Fuss Hotel”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed one Saturday night. Friendly receptionist. Good restaurants nearby in the square for a pre-theatre meal. Well located to see the sights. Got a taxi to the Lyric theatre. Stayed in the multi storey car park. Served the purpose for our visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and location ideal for your needs.

Ramada Encore

Write a ReviewReviews (1,750)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here over the Easter weekend and had a great time in Belfast. The bar is excellent, happy hour means very reasonably priced cocktails. He room was large, spacious and had everything that you would need. The best thing though is the location of this hotel. Near to the Titanic Quarter and the bars

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel & location ideal for your needs.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, first challenge was parking - all the free street parking was taken so I opted for the multi-storey behind the hotel £5 overnight. Left the next morning at 11am and was charged £9 which is a bit steep - but nothing to do with the hotel. Would be nice if they could agree a better rate.

Managed parking the next night on street, it expires at 8am so you either have to run down for a ticket or pay with your mobile, at least an option from bed - in the hope you can get a bit more sleep on a Sunday morning.

The hotel is modern, clean and standard Ramada encore rooms - didn't bother with breakfast... I've got to say that the downside of this hotel is the rock hard beds, really didn't agree with my back - probably one of the worst hotel beds I've slept in. Only two pillows, which I think is a bit of a strange policy really....

Location absolutely fabulous, very handy for the city as well as the nightlife, which I managed to hear from room 105 - so avoid rooms on this side of the building if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed elements of your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay direct then please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Breakfast was great, staff were friendly and helpful, but oh dear! - absolutely no storage facilities in the room. No wardrobe, no drawers, hardly any free shelf space. Okay, I suppose if you are only spending one night there, but any longer and surely you would want to unpack your case. Being unable to unpack properly rather spoiled out stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are furnished the same.
1  Thank Harry A

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your comment regarding storage.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice now. It is good value for money with clean rooms in a good location. It's not luxurious but clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. Downside there is no free parking. Rooms could do with extra pillows but I'm sure if you rang reception these would be provided! Rooms are spacious and staff are friendly. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
RE_Manager_13, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm glad you found the location ideal for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed overnight here as a treat from our children in order to see Eric Clapton perform at Belfast's Odyssey Arena. Apart from the lukewarm reception at the desk despite my excited chatter on arrival I am happy to say we were very comfortable and ideally placed to enjoy all that Belfast has to offer right on our doorstep. Belfast City Airport is very close, the Mac Arts Centre for drama/art/photographic exhibitions is next door literally(also a great place to eat) lots of local pubs, with a nightclub & jazz in the grand Merchant Hotel. From our room we could see the Titanic building, the H&W Cranes, the docks and ships from our fifth floor window. City centre shops are within easy walking distance. This makes the hotel's location ideal for tourists who are in coaches or using public transport. We had travelled in our car and I was worried about parking having read other reviews. Luckily we got parked easily in the street outside which is free from 6 pm until 8 am but it was a bit of a nuisance having to set the alarm next morning to pay the meter which is 30 p for 15 minutes. So at £1.20 per hour it works out the same as the local multi storey car park except much handier. Our room was comfortable, very clean, soft white towels and had a terrific shower room with piping hot water. The bedroom had a wooden floor and was very warm. Despite the hotel being full to capacity I have to say it was exceptionally quiet. No corridor noises, no plumbing sounds...I think it must be very well insulated. It felt like there was no one else there. Our booking did not include breakfast so I cannot comment on that. We did indulge in cocktails the night we arrived and there was a promotion on so what should have cost £7 were pleasantly half price. The raspberry mojito was tasteless but Alabama slammer was quite good. Would I go back? This is a difficult one. The Parking issue is definitely a concern I could do without. But if I had no car I would not even hesitate. Very good value for money and perfectly situated for travelling tourists.

Room Tip: High up you see all the Belfast sights and get a great sense of its history
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for you feedback and comments regarding your stay. I'm glad you found the room & location ideal for your needs and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We find the Ramada Encore a very convenient place to stay when visiting Belfast.The rooms are spotless and the staff are always helpful and friendly.On our last visit 27th-29th April,we booked a romantic weekend package and thought it was really good deal.When we got to our room we found wine chilling,lovely box of chocs and a hamper of assorted goodies which far exeeded our expectations.We enjoyed the evening meal and the breakfasts.and had a great time in Belfast.---will be returning soon .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your romantic weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.