“Gets better every visit”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Gets better every visit”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here before and were very pleased to see there was no sloppiness creeping in as the cost was extremely low at £49 per night. We stayed for 3 nights and had an amazing meal on the first night, the scallops starter was huge and served on hot slate. My wife has sea bass as her main that was cooked perfectly and tasted very fresh. My surf and turf was cooked rare and was so juicy that I was half way finished before noticing I had ordered a pepper sauce. We shared a Creme brûlée as we were full from the other courses and it was light and had a lovely fruit layer at the bottom. Our compliments to the Chefs. The rooms are basic with a big flat screen tv, the bed is very comfy and extra pillows are available. Breakfast is also plentiful and was regularly topped up. This hotel is situated far enough away from the hustle and bustle, but only a short walk to most of the city centre. We would definitely recommend this as a perfect base to see this beautiful city.

• Stayed January 2013
Damien D, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the great review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your meal in the SQ Bar & Grill Restaurant, our new menu is proving to be very popular with visitors and locals.

Regards,

Ramada Encore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
County Antrim
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed overnight on a Sat night. Check in was ok, room on the 4th floor was clean and a decent size but no cupboard/wardrobes. Woken up twice in the early hours by other residents and the 2nd time (3.30am) we rang reception as the noise was prolonged and lasted nearly an hour. Nice enough bathroom with walk in shower but at best the temperature of the water was lukewarm....disappointing. Best thing about the stay was def the breakfast.....good quality food and very tasty. On check out we were asked how our stay was....mentioned the noise level and the receptionist confirmed they had had a few reports, forgot to mention about the lack of hot water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I’m sorry that your stay was anything less than satisfactory due to the issues that you experienced during your stay. If you would like to contact me direct at the hotel, then I will be happy to discuss these further with you.

Kind regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on a Friday night and got a deal for £49 it was well worth the money on arrival staff were a little UN helpful the girl behind the reception didn't tell me were to go and I spent 5 minutes looking threw conference rooms and she seen I went wrong way and said nothing. On entering the rooms they were basic big let down for me was no bath although there was a lovely modern walk in shower very small bathroom no cupboards bed was lacking pillows. The bar was lovely and up to date very modern although I would say band that played started a little early drinks were a little expensive, had a great night.s sleep.went to breakfast and couldn't believe my eyes food was fit for a king such a great spread so pleased with it me and my partner stay in hotels regularly and we were gob smacked. Went back to bed and slept for another few hours I got woke up by reception I didn't realise it was an early check out 11 am which is a shame no hotel should be that time although the different receptionist that was on was so lovely she didn't say anything. all and all a fantastic hotel one off th best in belfast for its star rating. its right beside the odysesy arena and yello night club if you like nightclub.s i didn't make it that far was enjoying myself that much so it was great :) x .

• Stayed January 2013
Damien D, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for the great review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us apart from the few issues mentioned, please note these will be addressed with the Front of House Manager to ensure this does not happen again. I’m glad you enjoyed the wonderful breakfast and it set you up for the day ahead. I would recommend our new menu in the SQ Bar & Grill Restaurant, we have had some great reviews about I’m sure you would enjoy it.

manchester
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my mother, we both really enjoyed the stay...food, staff, and location were fantastic.
The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable what more could you ask for when priced so reasonably.
Overall....fantastic and will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in January. On the whole the hotel was clean and the staff were polite and helpful. The double room was warm and spacious although the bed was slightly too hard for me. Only one pillow on arrival but that was soon addressed once I asked for more at reception. The food was fresh and plentiful at breakfast and the evening meals were good value for money.
Unfortunately the noise caused by other residents shouting down corridors and banging doors in the early hours let the hotel down, but then the hotel cannot be responsible for adults!! Also the room wasn't cleaned during my stay but I did get a knock on the door about 3.30pm asking if I needed fresh towels. Bit disappointed about lack of wifi given I was on business!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms located near lifts.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I’m glad you enjoyed your stay apart from the noise from other residents, if this happens again in the future then I would ask you to call reception in order for them to put a stop to it. I’m pleased you enjoyed our full Irish breakfast, it is a great way to start the day. With regards to Wi-Fi in the rooms, this is something that we are looking into and I would ask you to check the website and Facebook page for more information about this.

London
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a couple of nights at the Ramada Belfast for work. The hotel is modern, very convenient and clean. The staff is helpful and nice. Good value for money in Belfast centre. The breakfast was also good.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed the hearty breakfast, it a great way to start your day. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here on a saturday night and it was very good. Room was spacious and clean,lovely and warm on a cold night.The mattress on the bed could have been better and a few more pillows
needed but not a big problem.
Was quite surprised how quiet it was in rooms as i had read other reviews complaining about the noise .In saying that we did have a room at the end of the corridor and well away from the lifts.
Our room rate included breakfast which was good with plenty of choice ,cooked and continental .
Parking was easy in a public carpark out at front and was cheap.
Overall for the price we paid at the last minute and the great room we got could not fault this hotel,and would return again.

Room Tip: corner rooms are spacious and quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon, when you return if you ask reception on check-in they can supply some more pillows as required.