“St Anne's Quarter, Belfast”

Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Oxford
“St Anne's Quarter, Belfast”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was very noisy in the foyer and adjacent bar area when I checked in - and it got much noisier as the afternoon drew into evening. Fortunately, my room was on the forth floor and at the end of the corridor, allowing for some peaceful sleep.

The staff were busy, indeed, rushed off their feet. But, sufficiently attentive to my needs. I was at the end of a business trip and bidding my time before the departure of the ferry in the morning. It's a budget hotel. The room contained a standard double bed, a three seater settee, a small desk and a chair. The toilet/shower room was very small. There was a TV but it had a fairly fuzzy picture.

The big advantage for younger people would be the surrounding bars, clubs and eateries. I felt decidedly old.

Nothing to admire from the window, but I was too tired to care.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for the top floor (five).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here and had a Christmas dinner on 7th December. The area to eat was a bit cramped, sweet potato soup was ok, turkey & ham dinner and profiteroles for desert were like something from Iceland?

Staff refused one of our party drink who was clearly not drunk, perhaps they should have stopped serving the several people who were being sick in the street? (which was still there in the morning). Very rude staff and we were told if we didn't like it we were free to leave, which we would have only it was impossible to get a taxi home. After reading the comments on here it seems it isn't just me who thinks their staff have an attitude problem.

Dirty floors and I had white stains on my bed covers, so obviously someone had a good night in my room the night before.

Will not be back, and will be advising anyone who asks the same.

3 Thank Neil B
scotland
Reviewed December 12, 2012

First off the staff here are excellent, really freindly and helpful.
Breakfast was busy with them running out of items very fast but trying to keep up with demand.
The rooms are very basic but stylish. Bed is most uncomfortable. Hated the shower room , its a wet room but after having a shower your bathroom looks like its flooded.
This hotel is starting to show lots of cracks as there was crack in the wall from ceiling to floor and this hotel is only 3 yrs old.
Also doors slamming can shake the very walls in this hotel so be prepared for loud noises etc. soundproofing was not taken in to consideration when building this hotel.
In general it is very average. Yes it is cheapish £60 for Bed and Breakfast but the Park in is a far better hotel for the money only £15 per night more expensive and as such I will be staying back there. Shame really as the staff are really good here but that is the only real positive review I can give on this hotel.

Room Tip: try and get a room at the back where it is quieter.
UK
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've stayed here a few times, the first time i was really disappointed with the location, though central is not where i want to be (quite far from europa bus centre, city hall, etc) but it's excellent for those looking for a night out. the surrounding areas are teeming with cool pubs, and there's a beautiful cathedral right beside it. also right next to it are restaurants that looks decent enough. there's zen, which probably managed by the same group as the zen along Adelaide st, and another one which looks quaintly elegant. the rooms was standard, and was decorated with some paintings of belfast's landmarks. there's flatscreen tv, free wifi for few minutes (you can get the password from the front desk), and a small kettle for tea and coffee. it's all i need during my stay so after few times, i learned to like it (though not as much as i like holiday inn across the bbc office). the trump card of this place however is their breakfast, it's the usual irish breakfast spread but of top notch quality, certainly one not to miss!!!

Room Tip: choose the top floor where you can get free BT wifi zone.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had stayed in the ramada encore a couple of months ago for business which is located in the cathedral quarter. I went to book it again for a city break with my wife & we were looking at photos etc as she hadnt been on the previous occasion. Anyway I went ahead and booked there and then, however when we turned up at the hotel it had transpired we had in fact booked the wrong hotel: ramada plaza belfast which was 15 minutes out of town. The ramada encore hotel was packed with christmas parties and the receptionist was seriously not bothered to help us and we were told they were full for the night. A scramble ensued on my mobile and fortunately we found accomadation in the wonderful Merchant Hotel (worth every bit of the extra money spent). If it wasnt for a chap called Conor on reception we wouldnt have been able to cancel our booking and would have been charged as I had already spent 20 mins on my own phone trying to cancel our reservation with some woman on the ramada phoneline in America who was seriosly inept.
I take full responsibilty for booking the wrong hotel, however I would warn anyone booking these hotels that the ramada website is very easy to make a slip like this on and if you do its then very difficult to get any help from Ramada (thank god for Conor on this occasion as none of the other staff could care less).
Anyway god bless the brilliant Merchant Hotel staff for putting our weekend back on track in style, Conor should look at joining that hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karl J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked into the hotel for an overnight and with it being a Ramada I had high expectations. The room was ok, pretty basic but would do the job.

We went out for dinner and returned back to the hotel about 9pm and thought we would go have a drink in the bar before heading to bed......bad idea!!!! They were hosting christmas party nights in the restaurant but it turns out they were several dining times and when the early ones were coming off thier tables they were just to hang about in the bar area. The place was jumping and we couldn't get a seat, had to wait ages at the bar to get served. We had one drink and then went to our room.

Room 115........which is directly above the restaurant and in a hotel where the sound proofing is non existant it literally felt like the DJ was in our bedroom with us. This went on until 1am and then we had the joy of everyone leaving and screaming outside. At 2am we finally managed to get some sleep!

When we went down in the morning to check out, I was asked if we had enjoyed our stay by the front desk manager, when I pointed out to her what my issues were she looked at me as if i had two heads and said "but it finished at 1am, which is early" not when you been trying to get to sleep for hours. I said that it would have been a good idea when we were checking in for them to ask if we were attending the party nights and if not give us a room higher up......again looking at me like I had two heads.

Staff were pretty unpleasant. Only good thing I can think to say is that the showers in the bathrooms were pretty good......but certainly didn't make up for everything else.

I would not touch this hotel if my life depended on it and will never be staying it again when there is a perfectly good Premier Inn down the road from it.

Stay clear of the place!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scoobs81
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Hassle free stay in the city! Next door parking..Great service..buffet breakfast was tasty..friendly, helpful staff..spotless rooms with wooden floors and wet room shower..would definitely recommend/stay again

• Stayed December 2012