Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
$153
$82
PremierInn.com
1,805 results
All reviewscity centrewet roomwalk in showerbars and restaurantscar parkmodern hotelwould stay againodyssey arenatitanic quartershort stayreception staffhotel restaurantsaturday nightone night staytitanic experiencesqconcert
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've stayed here a few times, the first time i was really disappointed with the location, though central is not where i want to be (quite far from europa bus centre, city hall, etc) but it's excellent for those looking for a night out. the surrounding areas are teeming with cool pubs, and there's a beautiful cathedral right beside it. also right next to it are restaurants that looks decent enough. there's zen, which probably managed by the same group as the zen along Adelaide st, and another one which looks quaintly elegant. the rooms was standard, and was decorated with some paintings of belfast's landmarks. there's flatscreen tv, free wifi for few minutes (you can get the password from the front desk), and a small kettle for tea and coffee. it's all i need during my stay so after few times, i learned to like it (though not as much as i like holiday inn across the bbc office). the trump card of this place however is their breakfast, it's the usual irish breakfast spread but of top notch quality, certainly one not to miss!!!

Room Tip: choose the top floor where you can get free BT wifi zone.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had stayed in the ramada encore a couple of months ago for business which is located in the cathedral quarter. I went to book it again for a city break with my wife & we were looking at photos etc as she hadnt been on the previous occasion. Anyway I went ahead and booked there and then, however when we turned up at the hotel it had transpired we had in fact booked the wrong hotel: ramada plaza belfast which was 15 minutes out of town. The ramada encore hotel was packed with christmas parties and the receptionist was seriously not bothered to help us and we were told they were full for the night. A scramble ensued on my mobile and fortunately we found accomadation in the wonderful Merchant Hotel (worth every bit of the extra money spent). If it wasnt for a chap called Conor on reception we wouldnt have been able to cancel our booking and would have been charged as I had already spent 20 mins on my own phone trying to cancel our reservation with some woman on the ramada phoneline in America who was seriosly inept.
I take full responsibilty for booking the wrong hotel, however I would warn anyone booking these hotels that the ramada website is very easy to make a slip like this on and if you do its then very difficult to get any help from Ramada (thank god for Conor on this occasion as none of the other staff could care less).
Anyway god bless the brilliant Merchant Hotel staff for putting our weekend back on track in style, Conor should look at joining that hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karl J
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked into the hotel for an overnight and with it being a Ramada I had high expectations. The room was ok, pretty basic but would do the job.

We went out for dinner and returned back to the hotel about 9pm and thought we would go have a drink in the bar before heading to bed......bad idea!!!! They were hosting christmas party nights in the restaurant but it turns out they were several dining times and when the early ones were coming off thier tables they were just to hang about in the bar area. The place was jumping and we couldn't get a seat, had to wait ages at the bar to get served. We had one drink and then went to our room.

Room 115........which is directly above the restaurant and in a hotel where the sound proofing is non existant it literally felt like the DJ was in our bedroom with us. This went on until 1am and then we had the joy of everyone leaving and screaming outside. At 2am we finally managed to get some sleep!

When we went down in the morning to check out, I was asked if we had enjoyed our stay by the front desk manager, when I pointed out to her what my issues were she looked at me as if i had two heads and said "but it finished at 1am, which is early" not when you been trying to get to sleep for hours. I said that it would have been a good idea when we were checking in for them to ask if we were attending the party nights and if not give us a room higher up......again looking at me like I had two heads.

Staff were pretty unpleasant. Only good thing I can think to say is that the showers in the bathrooms were pretty good......but certainly didn't make up for everything else.

I would not touch this hotel if my life depended on it and will never be staying it again when there is a perfectly good Premier Inn down the road from it.

Stay clear of the place!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scoobs81
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Hassle free stay in the city! Next door parking..Great service..buffet breakfast was tasty..friendly, helpful staff..spotless rooms with wooden floors and wet room shower..would definitely recommend/stay again

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was in a decent location and was fair price. The staff were really friendly but our only gripe was the noise within the hotel - it seemed that the construction of the building allowed every knock, bang & door slam to carry.

• Stayed: August 2012