Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$171
  • Breakfast included
$176
$150
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$143
$180
$173
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$131
$106
Hotwire.com
$113
$109
Hotwire.com
1,790 results
All reviewscity centrewet roomwalk in showerbars and restaurantscar parkmodern hotelwould stay againodyssey arenatitanic quartershort stayreception staffhotel restaurantsaturday nightone night staytitanic experiencesqconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Clean and functional, no fuss or frills - great location with Belfast's best restaurants all within walking distance

• Stayed: February 2012
JTopping, Manager at Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Dear Indy61,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. I hope I can welcome you back to the Encore soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

My flight arrived late evening, I was tired and hungry. Nice looking Hotel. Recption kept me waiting, they were there but somethingelse was obviosly more important. I think it was a stapler. Poor directions to room, then when I tried to get in card key did not work. Had to go back down again and wait. Told me to go back up and wait. 5 minutes later man arrived he couldn't get in either with the card. Gave me another. He was not apologetic, he thought it was funny. I was too late for food so went down to the bar. The Hotel staff attititude extended to the bar also. Bascially they were doing me a favour. Room was fine clean etc bed comfortable. Check-out, different staff, exactly the same attitude.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank john a

Dear John a,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm disappointed you felt the staff did not provided the welcome and service for which we are renowned. I have passed your comments to both my Front Office Manager and Bar Manager to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to service you and I can welcome you back to the Encore soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night with a friend for a treat. Really handy location for the city, The Potted Hen is close by (didn't eat there but it's supposed to be good), plenty of other restaurants to chose from that aren't far...walk or taxi ride. Manager on duty that night was really helpful, brought up an extra blanket for us, although the man on the bar was less helpful when I asked for some milk to make tea in my room. Really nice lobby/bar area and the rooms were clean and spacious. Great for what we wanted!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Megsni,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Encore soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here this time last year for convenience so we could walk to the Odyssey to attend the darts. We had a great stay and we are returning this weekend again for 2 nights this year.The food was nice from the bar and very reasonable and our stay was nice and relaxing. There was no noise considering the night that we stayed, so we had a peaceful nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Psycho-sue

Dear Psycho-Sue,

Thank you for reviewing your stay in the Encore, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Firstly I got a great deal on the price of the room so no complaints there. We arrived early on 18th Feb 2012 and checked in early which was also great. All the staff we encountered for our one night stay were friendly and helpful. We ate lunch in the SQ bar/restaurant which was very pleasant and not badly priced - they also accommodated us in providing a sandwich for my daughter which wasn't on the menu.

The family room we booked was one double bed and a sofa bed and the room was comfy enough. However, the room had an interconnecting door to the room next door and I have to say this was the noisiest hotel room I have ever stayed in. We were there for a relaxing day out and stay over in belfast with my 2 year old (hence the family room) but had far from that. We were in our room getting ready for dinner at 6pm when the noise from the next room became obvious. When we returned at 9pm our neighbours had gone out but the noise from throughout the hotel had replaced it. Singing, shouting, people drinking etc - the noise was carrying right to our room on 2nd floor. In the end we had to struggle to get to sleep with this sort of noise. It quietened down after 11.30pm and to be honest I hoped that was it but no such luck. I was woken on an number of occasions with people shouting and running up and down the corridors but the worst was at 3.15am when the people in the room connected to us returned and were talking and screaming loudly - and woke my daughter again. I had to knock the door to try and keep them quiet. The noise in the corridors continued until well after 4pm. I barely managed 3 hours sleep all night due to all the noise.

On checkout I spoke to reception who said 'yes we did have some serious noise problems last night'. I explained that I thought having the family room with an interconnecting door was a bad idea as we could simply hear every conversation, but was advised all their family rooms are like this.

I know this may have been a one off but the hotel was full of groups and hen parties (we saw various groups arriving as we were checking in, having lunch and going out to dinner) so I suspect this is a hotel popular with groups heading out for a night in town. I've stayed in a number of the 'budget' type hotels in belfast and never experienced noise issues like this. I have to say I don't think I will consider the Ramada Encore again in a hurry.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Geri M

Dear Geri M,

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay. I'm disappointed that you were disturbed by unruly guests. We do employ a team of night security to prevent guests behaviour disrupting other guests although I'm sure you can appreciate they cannot be in all parts of the hotel at the same time. Please accept my apologies for any disruption caused and I hope I can welcome you back to the Encore soon.

Kind regards