“Great place!”
Review of Ginger Bistro

Ginger Bistro
Ranked #5 of 1,070 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived quite late in this restaurant, but it was no problem and we never had the feeling we had to hurry. So we also enjoyed the most delicious desert: the chocolate cake with a soft centre, yummie!! The mains and the wine were lovely too. Good to know that they use fresh and local ingredients. Combined with a friendly athmosphere and nice music on the background I can really recommend Ginger.

London, United Kingdom
“Great little find”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stumpled across this lovely little bistro whilst on a break to Belfast.
It's a bit tucked away down a side street but we were so glad we found
it, the food and service was excellent, the only problem we had was not
having a long enough stay in order to visit again!

3 Thank SharonK894
Bangor, United Kingdom
“funky spot”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Second time at this neat little restaurant just off what was once the Golden Mile in downtown Belfast and well pleased. Lots of fresh fish and organic stuff. Had the sea bream and it was great. Others in the company has sea bass and again were well satisfied. A good wine list without being too silly, processor. Great staff. Highly recommended

1 Thank DLP555
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect mix between top class food and casual style”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I don't like dressing like a penguin to go for a great meal, but I like top class food and I have no problems paying good money for it. Let me say that Ginger Bistro is the perfect place for that.

I booked on a Monday night (my birthday) with my gf and I'm glad I did, cause the place became packed 10 minutes after we sat down: we thought that if it happens on a normal Monday it must be good. And it was good.

I had scallops, lamb and apple crumble, while the lady had duck, chicken and crème brulee. We washed all of that with a really good bottle of Valpolicella (I always stick to my Italian traditions): great food, great seasoning, maybe just the chicken was a bit plain, but everything else was top class and there wasn't really anything to complain about.

Before choosing a place, I always check the "terrible" reviews on Tripadvisor and I can't believe people complained about the absence of stuff to choose from: the first rule about a good restaurant menu is to keep it short and simple (that's how the chef focuses on making great food). At the same time I can't believe someone would complain because the staff is "in their face": would you prefer to be left alone the whole evening with no one asking you if you need something?

Just a request to the person running the restaurant page here: it's kind of impossible to keep the bill between 12-20 cause there's simply too much good stuff to try. I ended up paying
85 pounds for both of us and it was definitely very well spent money.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I loved the fact that they were playing (at a reasonable volume) good music in there: who else likes The Clash here?

1 Thank Alex d
Belfast
“Fantastic food, even better service”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed a really excellent meal here, both starters of scallops and duck were great, my main dish of seabass was outstanding. Throughout staff were extremely attentive and welcoming, making a lovely cocktail for us even though they do not have a list. Would recommend and hope to return soon.

1 Thank shaun3001