Ginger Bistro
Ranked #8 of 1,113 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited this restaurant on Valentine's Day for lunch it was just fantastic from start to finish. Can't remember the last time we had such a lovely lunch. The service was excellent, the food fresh, hot and tasty. Loved the ambience too. Would go back again for dinner with friends too. Nice big round table for a group of friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,793)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've visited Ginger several times before and it is great to see consistency in quality food and service... even the staff are the same which speaks volumes I think. Our daughter has a severe nut allergy and it gives us as parents confidence in knowing that the food is prepared on site and the chef and staff can guide us through the menu and can state quite confidently what ingredients are in the dishes.... they know because they prepared them!!! Happy to recommend Ginger Bistro!!!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked for the pre theatre menu as we were heading to a show later that evening. Excellent value for money, friendly staff and great food. Good portions too if you are hungry. You really must try the Squid...... massive starter or maybe share the mussels between two. It was recommended to me by a friend from Belfast and they came up trumps on this one.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were sat in the nearby Crown pub at the end of a really enjoyable day's sightseeing in Belfast and, as usual, were trawling Trip Advisor for somewhere to have dinner. The Ginger Bistro came up as not only being literally 200 yards away but also highly recommended by other TA reviewers, so we decided to give it a try. What a good choice! The welcome was very friendly and the standard of service was excellent throughout our meal - attentive and engaging but without being over fussy. The menu was great, spoiling us for choice, but in the end I had the special of mussels in a coconut curry broth followed by a perfectly cooked medium rare rib eye steak with chunky home made chips. All superb! Sally had the duck starter and a huge portion of fish 'n' chips, followed by a beautiful creme brûlée. Coffees to end with and two orders of wine with the meal gave us a bill of under £60, which we thought was excellent value for a lovely meal, served by great staff in a vibrant restaurant. Would thoroughly recommend the Ginger to anyone visiting Belfast (or living there!). Thanks to all concerned for a lovely evening - hope to return soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having visited Ginger Bistro 2-3 years ago for a work lunch, I have always wanted to go back as I was highly impressed. I finally returned with my girlfriend and was delighted to be treated to the same high standard. Says it all that this is my first ever trip advisor review and Ginger is well deserved for it. Staff were all very friendly and the service was excellent. The bistro itself is very relaxed and comfortable. As for the food, top quality. I had fried squid and my girlfriend went for the tiger prawns. For mains we both went for steak, perfectly cooked and my dessert of sticky toffee pudding finished off an excellent meal. For average prices the quality of food was top class. I will definitely be back and can't wait to try different dishes on my return.