“Great find,almost hidden away”
Review of Ginger Bistro

Ginger Bistro
Ranked #4 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Moira, United Kingdom
“Great find,almost hidden away”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked for the pre theatre menu as we were heading to a show later that evening. Excellent value for money, friendly staff and great food. Good portions too if you are hungry. You really must try the Squid...... massive starter or maybe share the mussels between two. It was recommended to me by a friend from Belfast and they came up trumps on this one.

• Visited February 2013

Derby, UK
“Great Food - Great Service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We were sat in the nearby Crown pub at the end of a really enjoyable day's sightseeing in Belfast and, as usual, were trawling Trip Advisor for somewhere to have dinner. The Ginger Bistro came up as not only being literally 200 yards away but also highly recommended by other TA reviewers, so we decided to give it a try. What a good choice! The welcome was very friendly and the standard of service was excellent throughout our meal - attentive and engaging but without being over fussy. The menu was great, spoiling us for choice, but in the end I had the special of mussels in a coconut curry broth followed by a perfectly cooked medium rare rib eye steak with chunky home made chips. All superb! Sally had the duck starter and a huge portion of fish 'n' chips, followed by a beautiful creme brûlée. Coffees to end with and two orders of wine with the meal gave us a bill of under £60, which we thought was excellent value for a lovely meal, served by great staff in a vibrant restaurant. Would thoroughly recommend the Ginger to anyone visiting Belfast (or living there!). Thanks to all concerned for a lovely evening - hope to return soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Quality”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having visited Ginger Bistro 2-3 years ago for a work lunch, I have always wanted to go back as I was highly impressed. I finally returned with my girlfriend and was delighted to be treated to the same high standard. Says it all that this is my first ever trip advisor review and Ginger is well deserved for it. Staff were all very friendly and the service was excellent. The bistro itself is very relaxed and comfortable. As for the food, top quality. I had fried squid and my girlfriend went for the tiger prawns. For mains we both went for steak, perfectly cooked and my dessert of sticky toffee pudding finished off an excellent meal. For average prices the quality of food was top class. I will definitely be back and can't wait to try different dishes on my return.

• Visited February 2013
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for the first time last night. After searching online for somewhere different than the usual places we go to we found this hidden gem. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed with friendly staff. The atmosphere was lovely- great style to the place and for such a busy place the service was second to none. Menu choices were great. We had starters of scallops and the duck salad. Both 5 star! For main course I'd the sweet potato curry which was delicious and my husband the monkfish. Portion size was perfect and we even left room for dessert. The pears and cream was possibility one of the nicest desserts I've ever had. My husband had the banana tarte tatin which he highly recommends. The attention to detail from staff was brilliant: clearing glasses quickly, filling up water jugs and service was great. With the busy atmosphere we had expected to be waiting a while but we were not disappointed. If I had to think of a negative point it would be the closeness of tables but then again due to its popularity and excellent food you have to expect lots of customers. It really was a beautiful night and we will definitely be back again. Thank you all. Laura

kildare
“Great food”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dropped in without a reservation, was met at the door by the chef. Good to see a chef out checking the bookings and greeting some customers whilst being back in the kitchen a few mins later flat out cooking. The food was excellent, very tasty with a good selection on the menu. The staff were very polite, friendly and welcoming. The bistro is cosy, warm and comfortable. Well worth a visit.

Visited February 2013