“Great Food”
Review of Ginger Bistro

Ginger Bistro
Ranked #8 of 1,135 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I won't to the Ginger Bistro for lunch today and what a lovely experience, we got a very warm welcome from Sarah and the rest of the Staff were every bit as friendly and helpful with all requests. On a very cold day the restaurant was lovely and warm. The food was just fantastic, my wife had the Fish and Chips and I had the Guinness and Mushroom Pie, the nicest tasting pie I have ever had. My only complaints are the chips were actually potato wedges, we both would have preferred chips, the wedges were very tasty though. The food was lovely and hot, which can be rare those days. My other complaint is I would like to see the Chefs wearing hats, as it's not nice to see long hair hanging over their faces and possibly your food!!! Having said that we are hoping to be going back next week. I would highly recommend this Bistro for lovely hot and beautifully tasting food and of course a warm welcome.

1  Thank Silverfox21
Write a ReviewReviews (1,830)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I visited Ginger with t friend for an 'early bird' pre-theatre meal. It is warm inside and has a pleasant ambience, perhaps a little crowded rather than spacious. The food was nice but not exceptional. I ordered battered cod and fries and it was exactly what you would get in your local chippy, so it's propably not good value as restaurants go, but nice and very convenient to Belfast's 'Golden Mile'.

1  Thank Sean Q
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited on Saturday 2nd February as was not disappointed, from beginning to end it was a wonderful experience. Wasnt a large menu but still difficult to choose as everything from starter to dessert looked tasty and exciting. Four of us chose different starters and every one was exceptional from soup to prawns to duck and chicken. mains were equally good from exceptional steaks cooked to perfection, lamb to die for and vegetarian curry exceptional also. Desserts didn't disappoint either. The atmosphere was perfect and the staff welcoming and very helpful, a great experience - book now.

1  Thank october44
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Saturday evening. This was our second visit and it was excellent again. The staff are very welcoming, and there is a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. The menu had changed since our last visit and the food was delicious. Husband raved about the squid starter.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited Ginger for only the second time. Previous reviewer is absolutely right , the squid is delicious. Wonderful meal great service . A great all round experience .