“A completely different perspective of the Titanic story”

Titanic Walking Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$12.15*
and up
Titanic Walking Tour in Belfast
Ranked #39 of 116 Tours in Belfast
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would thoroughly recommend taking in the Titanic Walking Tour which leaves at 11am, 1pm and 3pm from outside the new museum (just by the big Titanic sign).

Our guide Helen was delightful, very friendly and knowledgeable, she came across as really enjoying her job. Only 3 of us were on this tour which in some ways was a shame as the tour deserves more but at the same time made it a personal experience.

The tour is a fascinating insight into the decisions that made the Titanic the greatest ship to have ever been built at the time and also ultimately cost so many lives when she sank. From the Drawing Offices (sadly only visible though grimy windows) where the ship (along with her sisters Olympic and Britannic) was designed, through to the Thompson Dry Dock (built especially for the task of fitting Titanic out) it was an education. We all know the story of the tragedy but to learn about how she was built together with an insight into the lives of the shipbuilders of Belfast added a really different perspective. You really appreciate just what an amazing feat of engineering this was and when in the Dry Dock get an insight into how big a ship she was.

If you're looking for a totally new Titanic experience then you really should find the time to take this tour when visiting the Quarter.

3  Thank Phill C

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My Father and I came to belfast for a purly Titanic trip and thios was certainly the highlight. To be shown around by someone who has such a passion and knowledge was fantastic.

This is well worth the small cost and recommend good walking shoes.

Pin your eas back and go back to the roots of Titanic (who had she not sunk would not be famous)!

3  Thank Sazparilla
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This tour has none of the computer generated interaction of the new museum. Instead, it puts you right into the heart of where the Titanic was built, and gives you a much more real sense of the ship and its builders. Being down in the dry dock was awesome, as our guide pointed out reference points that correspond to old pictures she had of the ship being built there. It's just too bad that the lovely drawing offices of Harland and Wolfe have been left to decline into such disrepair that one can only view them through the windows. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who cares at all about the loss of the Titanic.

4  Thank Julie M
Reviewed June 2, 2013

May 31, 2013 is when I did my tour! Such a coincidence. I was solo for this tour but I think it's great for anyone and everyone. I hate to even say it but I learned a good deal more on this tour than I did in the actual museum! Not to say the museum itself isn't incredible because it is, but I genuinely loved the titanic walking tour. Our guide was so wonderful and informative. You could tell she appreciated the knowledge she had to share and really wanted to tell the store of the infamous, Titanic. I would most certainly recommend this tour to anyone!!

1  Thank TaylorKlein212
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We would definitely recommend this tour for anyone going to Belfast. The guide was so enthusiastic about the subject that you could not help but get engrossed in everything from the dry docks to the new museum. His local knowledge added to the intrigue

1  Thank Martina C