All reviews titanic museum river view jean christophe tarte tatin city centre teething problems stunning hotel large tv hotel guests restaurant staff saturday night great shower waiting staff car park stayed for one night weekend break min walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I’d never stayed in an AC hotel in the Marriott chain before but after our recent stay, I wouldn’t hesitate to book one again.

Not the best of starts on arrival to find what you thought was the car park area, was locked up tight! One phonecall later and I was re-directed to the NCP car park, which is so new that there is still dust on the floor! It is expensive at £22/day but thankfully the hotel validates your ticket so it’s down to £11/day.

Despite being a Titanium Marriott member, we didn’t receive any upgrades, but the room was very pleasant enough that we got on the 6th floor. I liked the floor to roof windows but equally it would have been nice to have been able to open a window as I prefer fresh air than air con. The bed was quite soft to sleep in and with the mattress topper, it felt like you had a permanent electric blanket on! With it being a modern hotel, there was not just plugs beside the bed but USB sockets too to save having to pull out the USB plugs for the devices. The bathroom actually felt quite spacious because of its design although word of warning that its not soundproof! Nice toiletries that were replenished every day although I’ve never seen a ball type design of hand soap before!

On checking in, nobody explained what happened with breakfast, so it was a bit of a shock to find it cost £17 for the buffet breakfast, but lesson learned, and I bought vouchers for our remaining days in advance from the reception for £12, so a wee saving. The buffet breakfast was very nice (but not worth £17!) and I loved the soda bread, but beware if you are having coffee – once you get your first cup, getting a top up is very hap-hazard as there isn’t a lot of staff on and they tend to concentrate more on ensuring the food is topped up.

We ended up having dinner here twice as the food was very nice. I noticed a few folks saying service was slow and I can’t say we really noticed that or maybe we got them on a good night! The waitresses were very pleasant too.

My only negative comments about the hotel is that there isn’t really much round about it, although I can see that changing over time since it seems to be an up and coming area in Belfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FOMACHotel, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ne_quine

Thank you for taking time to provide such a detailed review of your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and experienced a lot of what we have to offer. Soda bread is one of our local breads and is very popular with both tourists to the city and locals as part of the traditional 'Ulster Fry'

We aren't quite in the city centre but a quick stroll along the river takes you right in. As you say over the coming years there are lots of development plans for the area and we will be in a prime spot.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Belfast.

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

My second stay in the Marriot hotel. It’s a modern hotel in a good location with good facilities, clean and comfy. I had the ‘pre-theatre’ meal as it was supposed to be quicker but had to wait an hour for the main which is way too long.
The food when it arrived was well cooked but I didn’t get time to enjoy it as I had to wolf it down to make the start of the concert.

After the show I went to the bar for a nightcap and what a humiliating waste of time that was: Again a long long wait to get a drink as the bar service was disorganised and woeful.

The breakfast food was well prepared and plentiful and the morning table service top notch.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear ivang517

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I do apologise that you did not have a good experience in our restaurant and bar during your stay with us. This is certainly not the sort of feedback that we like to receive. I have passed this onto our Food & Beverage Manager so that he may look into how to avoid a further repeat. Thank you once again and I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Belfast

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel and the room itself. Paid a total of $90 USD for the night which I felt was a great value. As a gold Bonvoy member, the front desk receptionist upgraded us to a room with great water view. We saw the most wonderful rainbow from our window. The bed was very comfortable, with a large screen tv, and the bathroom was modern and nice. No pictures on the walls which I thought was interesting however. There was also a fridge with complimentary bottled water. Plently of street parking around the hotel which is accesible, and free within certain times, especially if you arrive at night and leave early in the morning. Great location, restaurants are within walking distance also. I would definitely recommend and stay here again if I found myself in Belfast.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear asap_chitown

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade to reward your Elite status. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Belfast.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

This morning, 7am, the fire alarm went off. Outside guests were in pajamas, robes, some had bags, some were elderly. Not a single staff member present to give any information. Turns out they burnt the morning croissants, this is not a joke. No fire safety checks in place to ensure guests were ok.

Hotel wifi is 1mb down during the day even with the "enhanced" option. Great if you want to check emails or websites from the 90's. Either only use it at stupid hours or dont bother trying to watch anything or do anything that requires a stable connection.

If you order room service and they dont have part of your order you will just get whatever they have that's close enough.

Dissapointing stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Splurc

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I do apologise that your stay was interrupted by a fire alarm which I can assure you was not caused by what you suggest. We have very strict controls in place to safely evacuate the building in the event of an alarm ensuring the safety of our guests and associates. If you would like to discuss further offline then please feel free to get in touch with hotel Duty Manager Jason Doherty on dutymgr@achotelbelfast.com

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for business in the vicinity. I enjoyed the room, comfy bed and great shower. Excellent WiFi, parking across the road at reasonable prices. All-in-all a very good business hotel if you are okay with staying not in the center of Belfast (near the hotel is literally nothing of interest). The online downside of the room was that one can not open any window, not even a little bit. I hate that feeling of slow suffocation coming with hermetically swales windows.
My real complaint is the service in the restaurant. Although there were one or two exceptions, the staff generally did not know how to handle their guests. Long queues of guests waiting to be shown to their table in the morning, while the hapless host huffed and puffed around, hanging on for dear life. Dining was an experience, too. The food in the restaurant was actually quite good, but asking for ketchup to go with my burger landed me one sachet, like the ones you get in McDonalds thrown into the bag more than you can handle. One? The ice cream desert turned out to be three scoops thrown into a bowl without any sauce, cream, garnishes whatsoever. Just plain, like you wouldn’t dare to do it at home for your worst friends.... Now all of that are little things I wouldn’t even mention, was it not for the prices you dish out for this experience. With high prices come high expectations, and here the AC restaurant disappoints.

Trip type: Traveled on business
FOMACHotel, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear SonicArmin

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your experience in the restaurant did not meet your expectations nor did it live up to the expectations we set ourselves on this occasion. I have passed on this review to the Food & Beverage Management team who will seek to improve consistency in service so every guest experiences the service we expect from our team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Belfast and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

kind Regards