All reviews titanic museum river view jean christophe tarte tatin city centre teething problems stunning hotel large tv hotel guests restaurant staff saturday night great shower waiting staff car park stayed for one night weekend break min walk
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel and the room itself. Paid a total of $90 USD for the night which I felt was a great value. As a gold Bonvoy member, the front desk receptionist upgraded us to a room with great water view. We saw the most wonderful rainbow from our window. The bed was very comfortable, with a large screen tv, and the bathroom was modern and nice. No pictures on the walls which I thought was interesting however. There was also a fridge with complimentary bottled water. Plently of street parking around the hotel which is accesible, and free within certain times, especially if you arrive at night and leave early in the morning. Great location, restaurants are within walking distance also. I would definitely recommend and stay here again if I found myself in Belfast.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FOMACHotel, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear asap_chitown

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade to reward your Elite status. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Belfast.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

This morning, 7am, the fire alarm went off. Outside guests were in pajamas, robes, some had bags, some were elderly. Not a single staff member present to give any information. Turns out they burnt the morning croissants, this is not a joke. No fire safety checks in place to ensure guests were ok.

Hotel wifi is 1mb down during the day even with the "enhanced" option. Great if you want to check emails or websites from the 90's. Either only use it at stupid hours or dont bother trying to watch anything or do anything that requires a stable connection.

If you order room service and they dont have part of your order you will just get whatever they have that's close enough.

Dissapointing stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Splurc

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I do apologise that your stay was interrupted by a fire alarm which I can assure you was not caused by what you suggest. We have very strict controls in place to safely evacuate the building in the event of an alarm ensuring the safety of our guests and associates. If you would like to discuss further offline then please feel free to get in touch with hotel Duty Manager Jason Doherty on dutymgr@achotelbelfast.com

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for business in the vicinity. I enjoyed the room, comfy bed and great shower. Excellent WiFi, parking across the road at reasonable prices. All-in-all a very good business hotel if you are okay with staying not in the center of Belfast (near the hotel is literally nothing of interest). The online downside of the room was that one can not open any window, not even a little bit. I hate that feeling of slow suffocation coming with hermetically swales windows.
My real complaint is the service in the restaurant. Although there were one or two exceptions, the staff generally did not know how to handle their guests. Long queues of guests waiting to be shown to their table in the morning, while the hapless host huffed and puffed around, hanging on for dear life. Dining was an experience, too. The food in the restaurant was actually quite good, but asking for ketchup to go with my burger landed me one sachet, like the ones you get in McDonalds thrown into the bag more than you can handle. One? The ice cream desert turned out to be three scoops thrown into a bowl without any sauce, cream, garnishes whatsoever. Just plain, like you wouldn’t dare to do it at home for your worst friends.... Now all of that are little things I wouldn’t even mention, was it not for the prices you dish out for this experience. With high prices come high expectations, and here the AC restaurant disappoints.

Trip type: Traveled on business
FOMACHotel, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear SonicArmin

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your experience in the restaurant did not meet your expectations nor did it live up to the expectations we set ourselves on this occasion. I have passed on this review to the Food & Beverage Management team who will seek to improve consistency in service so every guest experiences the service we expect from our team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Belfast and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

kind Regards

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

For the price and standard Marriott usually pride themselves on I was disappointed with this place:
-second evening went to have a shower and the housekeeping had taken away our towels and not replaced with new ones
-stayed three nights and sheets were not changed once, for a hotel at this price (even in travel lodges half the price) you expect this is done every day
-similarly toiletries were not replaced soap etc which again is done usually every day with fresh new shower gels etc
-the floor didnt seem clean, walking bare feet my feet were covered in dust and dirt etc
-couldnt get the radio or TV to other device connection to work, stayed in Hilton's loads of times and this TV to wifi thing seems a given now in other top name hotels
-first night we were getting read to go out, I tried to step in the shower when the door slid slightly off the wheels at the bottom and nearly fell off, luckily it didnt, but it then wouldnt open, we phoned for someone to fix it, 40mins later someone came up, however by this time it was too late for us to go out and we decided to cancel a reservation in town we had made and stayed in !
- Next evening I went to wash my hair, but couldnt see any hairdryer in the room as advertised on the website, I asked for a hairdryer at reception after searching the entire room and was told by the receptionist it was in a drawer.. I insisted it wasn't.. we did have one brought up which took a good half hour, by this time it was too late to go out, again!
-we did notice trays and glasses and dirty plates left outside rooms we passed walking to our room, remained there for an entire day and night and hadn't been collected.

Then to top it all off.. on our third evening just before we went to bed there was an ear piercing fire alarm stating a fire had been detected in the building and everyone must exit the building.. we did, and it was like disorganised chaos, people were returning to the building including us, we went to go back up stairs, but to face crowds of others still walking down the stairs, as no further announcement was made.. everyone was confused.

Our last morning as check out is at 12, we thought we would have a lie in, as we got ready round half 10am the fire alarm sounded again....

I could go on, but all in all I was massively disappointed with our stay and wouldnt waste my money staying here again.

In terms of the restaurant this was ok, but again would have expected better service for the price, our dessert (two scoops of ice cream) took over half an hour to appear.

The room was lovely and big as in the photos but no windows plus the dust on the floor made the room feel really stuffy.

Must improve!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear ILovemyholidays1234

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. Reading your experience has disappointed me greatly and we would love the opportunity to discuss this with you offline. Could you please email dutymgr@achotelbelfast.com with your booking details and we will correspond with you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Great location just outside the city centre, so quieter than other options but still close enough to walk into the centre or over to the Titanic Quarter. Room was clean and functional, average size, nice walk-in shower. The only Marriott-branded property in the city but not the best for elite members - no upgrade, no breakfast, no lounge, no slippers, no robe : ( Parking is in the NCP across the street (reduced price but not free). Very easy to get to on public transport from the George Best airport, taxi also very inexpensive.

Room tip: get a river view!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear SarahN48824

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We do always try to offer our Elite members the privileges that their loyalty deserves however what this entails is Brand Specific.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future