“Decent enough”

The Other Place
Ranked #419 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: The Other Place has been in the heart of Botanic for the last 15 years. It is the home of the TOP breakfast fry, great quality lunches and value for money evening meals with a no corkage charge on Bring Your Own. Call us to book a birthday, special event or big family night out as we can seat up to 20 people at a time.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Decent enough”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had lunch here with a mate. He had fish and chips, I had Thai chicken pitta. Plenty of food, well cooked, decent service, sensible price. High spot was when, for some reason, they fried some skinny chips for me, realised that I hadn't ordered them but still brought them and gave them free. They could have just kept quiet about it or kept them for the next person along but, fair play, I got my free chips.

A safe pair of hands for lunch. How does it compare with the classic Ulster fry? 5/10 a solid score.

Derry, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went for lunch today and ordered the chicken fillet burger, after the first bite i realised the chicken was very pink and not eatable. I told the waitress and she took it back to the kitchen however i said i did not want another as the extremely pink chicken in the first burger was enough for me, having then went to pay for the rest of the meal i was charged full price for the burger that was pink and sent back to the kitchen. This is a disgrace as the burger was obviously very under cooked yet i was still made to pay. The staff were very unfriendly, and majority of the time they stood behind the counter with their mobiles in their hand and eating off the plates set out to be served to the customers. 100% unsatisfied with this service and will not be returning.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Not worth”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Enter with friends for a quick lunch with burgers and sandwiches. I think it is a bit expensive for such things, plus the quality is not special at all. Service was mediocre, particularly, after we got out food we were quite ignored, the waitresses kept talking among them at the back of the place and it took quite some time before we could get our bill. Botanic Ave is full of places, why should I return there?

• Visited January 2014
“Friendly staff, great atmosphere, well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to check this place out, and we weren't disappointed. My fiancé loved the soda bread, and the food was of a good standard. The food and drinks were delivered quickly, and the staff were friendly, approachable and fun, making jokes and enjoyable to talk with. The other place has a good atmosphere, with tables and booths, and great artwork and quotes on the walls.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“No vegan option”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

It is understandable that a lot of places do not have many vegan options. I accept this and do not expect loads of options. However, I told the waitress that I was happy enough to leave it to the chef if he could make any vegan option. I wasn't being too picky. I was then told that there was absolutely nothing they could make me. Nothing! They didn't even offer some sort of adapted dish or try to accommodate me. I genuinely have never been in a cafe/restaurant where they have just bluntly told me that they can't make anything at all. So I had to restort to a cup of tea. The lack of effort made was pretty shocking,