“Good value & Tasty”

The Other Place
Ranked #367 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Situated in the heart of Botanic Ave we are the ideal location for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a quick cup of tea or coffee and a snack. With a relaxed, casual decor we offer a unpretentious restaurant serving a comfort food menu with a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy a mixture of dishes from traditional, cooked breakfasts, to fresh soups, sandwiches, wraps, homemade burgers, steaks, fajitas, pastas and many other mouth-watering dishes. We are famous for our value for money menu and you can B.Y.O bottle *we won’t even charge you a corkage fee!). We have a list of daily specials on the blackboard and there is always amazing deals available every all day every day. With bottomless tea and filter coffee, free wifi, its means your money goes much further. All the above with our “ Always Cooked Fresh “ policy we sure this is sure to appeal to everyone.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stopped here at Saturday lunch time and was well impressed with the selection. I had a chicken wrap which was of very generous proportions and included chips as a side. They don't serve tap water which is a shame. Otherwise it was good value for money and the surroundings were nice. The staff were attentive as soon as we entered the restaurant we were seated and a staff member also checked if we were happy with our meal.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I and my family have been going to The Other Place on a regular basis over the last few years, We have always ,on ever occasion had Quality food at good prices with local produce and a great choice of menu to suit all the families needs ,it also helps on a night out that you can bring your own bottle ,we have always found the staff and service is of the highest Quality with a great welcoming attitude ,keep up the good work to all the staff, highly recommended

1  Thank Francis D
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I have had breakfast in The Other Place on many occasions and I have always enjoyed the experience.
Well presented tasty food and free top ups.
Recommended.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have visited the other place for breakfast/brunch and dinner over the past year - on all occasions i haven't been disappointed with the menu or food or even the price but I have been disappointed in the service. The layout of the restaurant is strange - if you're waiting on a table you have to hover around others as they eat which I really don't like. It's only saving grace is it's good location and the fact it is BYO. The waitresses are always standing around talking, won't bend over backwards to get you what you need and in some cases just throw the food at you and run off. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I used to visit here regularly when studying at QUB, for a quick lunch or evening meal with friends as it was cheap. However it has declined over the years, have had to walk out twice due to staff, despite being practically empty, not showing any interest in showing us to seats that it was signed we were to wait for. One time did get a seat, felt that I would need to be physically aided to have my sleeve removed from the sticky and dirty table.
It is a shame as in its earlier days it had excellent food, was busy and had a buzzing atmosphere and now it seems to be always empty, the food is not to a good standard at all, just a mass of grease and dumped on plate.