“Best dining experience in a long time”
Review of Byblos - CLOSED

Byblos
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stopped eating out in general as always left disappointed with food or service or both. Thankfully Byblos has changed that for me. The ambience is warm and inviting. The staff attentive but not intrusive. The menu, with description of each dish, made choosing quick and easy. We shared 3 starters between 4 of us. All freshly prepared. Regretted not ordering more as they were delicious but knew had to leave room for main course. Main courses for all of us were excellent-again freshly prepared and tasty. All the meats were tender and cooked to perfection. With no corkage charge for BYO we enjoyed a high quality dining experience for a very reasonable price. Strongly recommend and I know we will return very soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

If only more places were BYO, I would eat out more often! Cosy restaurant with a very personal service from the staff. Being Lebanese, it was great to get food which is different from the norm. The aubergine was delicious. I highly recommend, and look forward to going back :-)

2  Thank retro1981
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A friend and I went here after hearing great reviews about this place. Have to say I was quite disappointed - staff were not in the least bit friendly which surprised me as it has a reputation of being friendly and portions of food seemed to be bulked up with a lot of lettuce - would not go back.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Byblos is an excellent little restaurant, hidden away behind the Crown bar, in the city centre. Amazing, fresh, beautifully cooked and presented food and different from most menus on offer in the city. The service is also great and very friendly. The pricing is quite reasonable, considering the quality of food and the portion sizes. The kafta, chicken tawouk, halloumi cheese and stuffed vine leaves are all highly recommended and the hommous is the best that I have ever tasted. Don't be put off by the idea that the food may be a little too exotic for your tastes, going by the names of the dishes. The food and flavours are wonderful and the dishes are deceptively simple, in a very good way. It is also a 'bring your own' establishment with no corkage charge! What more do you need?!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went for an early evening meal last Saturday, without a booking. The waiter was eager to help us to chose from the menu and siad the hummus was a must. We had that with the mixed kebab and chicken kebab which were both lovely, along with dips and salad. Nice fresh food. Typical no fuss, diner type eatery, but I like good quality food, and a great price, so will return. BYO no corkage too!