“Fantastic Lebanese food, right in the heart of Belfast!”
Review of Byblos - CLOSED

Byblos
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have been here a couple of times in the last few years and it always a delight. The food is absolutely fantastic and obviously made with good quality, fresh ingredients and everything is cooked to order. The restaurant is not licensed, but there is an off licence opposite and they are very happy for you to bring your own alcoholic drinks. Highly recommended - try it, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank ValtteriKnelstrom

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We'd never tried Lebanese before, and wandered past this on our way for a drink. It's very close to the Europa and the Crown, and lots of others. It's not licenced, but there's an off-licence over the road. Food was delicious, prices very reasonable, staff very polite, helpful and friendly.

1  Thank ChrisBartram
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went to Byblos with 8 friends.

The food was nice, but i was not so keen on the desert i got.

Had chicken for starter and lamb for main, cannot remember the desert name.

The staff very friendly and it was great that you BYO (Bring your own) beer or wine.

We were one of the last to leave the place and staff were not pushy about trying to get us out.

We all enjoyed the place and the food.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Staying at the Europa hotel, there is a wide range of restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Byblos, is one of these, just a one minute walk from the Europa. We arrived, without booking, at about 7pm on a Friday in August. We were able to be seated, but the place soon filled up.

This is a family run restaurant enterprise andvwe observed all three (male) family members working hard, and effectively as a team. The atmosphere is very welcoming, friendly and efficient. This is a BYO establishment (bring your own alcohol), and there is an 'Offie' (off licence wine store) just across the road. Byblos does not even charge for corkage (a modest levy on brought in drinks) which (in my world - I am not local) is amazing.

I asked about the reason for not selling alcoholic drinks (where restaurants make most profit from); and was told that the required licence costs in the region of £40,000. Astonishing.

Did I mention the food? (See pic). This was one of the nicest meals out I have had for some time. Fantastic combination of flavours and textures, but not overwhelming in volume. When back in Belfast, I shall definitely return. Also excellent value for money.

2  Thank Silverhill
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Wonderful authentic food I havn't tasted since living in the Middle east. the Baklava was the best I've ever tasted I would recommend anyone to try as it's made in the restaurant by one of the staff.

The service is incredible, so friendly and homely. It's bring your own

Highly recommended, a meal for 4 with large £30 platter, two mains, 4 starters and two desserts - £80

1  Thank cl_yum