“A gem of a venue......”

The Barking Dog Restaurant Belfast
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barking Dog Restaurant Belfast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A gem of a venue......”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A gem of a venue found thanks to reports on TripAdvisor, had to change booking time which didn't seem to be a problem at all so I had high hopes.
Lovely quirky setting, with a great buzzy atmosphere and confidence friendly staff is always a good sign, fingers crossed the food was going to live up to our expectations.
IT DID!!!! Delicious salt and pepper scampi to start - perhaps they could think of doing this as a sharing platter then 5/6 of us were tempted by the shin beef burger - it was a Sunday tea time after all - all found it quite delicious as was the other order of linguine, unfortunately we only had time for a quick coffee but all in all a thoroughly enjoyable meal.
2 members of our party had eaten there a few times before over the last year and there only negative comment was "unfortunately the menu hasn't changed" - there are daily specials though which does help - all in all a great venue - we will be back!

• Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
“a pleasant return to form”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had eaten here before over a number of years and found it a bit hit and miss foodwise. always a great atmosphere and friendly attentive staff. The last couple of visits were disappointing for the food, so it was only because i was staying in the nearby Wellington Hotel, was tired after a long days work and didnt want to stray too far that I ventured here again. I am glad that i did. i enjoyed a "special" of superb lamb shoulder slowly cooked to perfection, well presented with a good selection of vegetables including shards of carrot and the best potato croquettes I have tasted in a while, accompanied by a delicious gravy (or jus as the menu describes it). I was a lone diner and picked a demi carafe of Sicilian red for £9.50, which was unsafe to drink other than with food so it did the job. The wine list is rather limited and I saw nothing to tempt me to a full bottle at £23 upwards even the rather overpriced Burgundys at £40 a bottle. Dessert was a magnificent white chocolate creme brulee. A lovely end to a heavy working day in a dreary wet Belfast. Will return and recommend. A cocktail, main course, dessert, demi of red wine, and coffee came to £41.10. Good value if you are, like I, claiming it as expenses! Might have skipped the martini if i was paying out of my own pocket!

dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous, so glad we went!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were going to be spending the day in Belfast so I looked on Trip Advisor for recommendations, the Barking Dog looked good so off we went for lunch. I have to say I am so glad we did. The service is wonderful, staff very warm and friendly. We had our four daughters with us and the kids menu was lovely something for everyone really, the kids ordered pasta, chicken, steak and a beautiful pork slider. Our own meals were fab, my husband had a "shin" beef burger that we were told had taken 3 days to make and he said it was divine, my steak sandwich was so incredibly good too. They had cordial for the kids, didn't try to push cokes etc., which is always appreciated. We thought the value for money was excellent. So to sum it up, great atmosphere, excellent staff and amazing food - We will definitely be visiting the Barking Dog on our next visit to Belfast, can't wait!!!

London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, insanely good chicken dish”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just ate there tonight... had the chicken with gnocchi, herbal butter, and pancetta... wow. Heath food it was not, but it was SUCH a lovely rendition of a very simple dish. The house ale was very good too. And the place is very nicely decorated. It was raining, but I spotted a great front patio too, which I'm assuming welcomes dogs. Definitely pop in.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely meal here, although portions are quite small ....fine for me but not so good for men. Staff were helpful and pleasant, if a little o.t.t. Menu is quite limited but food & service were excellent ... maybe a tad overpriced but overall a great meal