“Staff have attitude issues!”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
“Staff have attitude issues!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here before a few years back and had a great stay so we decided to come back for 2 nights to bring in the new year. Arrived very early for check in and we did not expect to get a room as quickly as we did so we appreciated that. Joshua was on the desk and was extremely polite and pleasant to deal with. Room spotless and well equiped, could not fault. Our issues began on the second day. Clearly a few members of staff were unhappy with having to work new years eve and decided to take it out on paying customers. We ordered a meal from the RGB from a waitress with the attitude of a spoilt child stomping about. We truely felt that we had commited a crime by ordering food! Would not rate the foot at all im afraid... 3 of us ordered ceasar salad that stunk and tasted of fish. As the night went on we got less impressed with the standard of service. I went to go up to the room however my card wouldnt work in the lift. I glanced over to the reception in hope the man there would come to assist but all i got was "you have to swipe and press the button" in an ignorant and patrionising voice. I knew how to work the lift it was the card that had a fault. This man (Dairmuid?) was rude to me and rude to the other two guys on the reception who assited me and sorted my card. I am so shocked that I am having to write this review but the attitudes of some of your staff really brings this good hotel down.

• Stayed December 2013
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear bt3trav

I hope that you are well.

Thank you for staying and dining with us and for taking the time to review our performance.

I am happy that you experienced some of the things that we do well with clean rooms and pleasant check in. This is what we aim for.

I would like to apologise for the drop in standard on the 2nd day. This is certainly not what we aim to deliver. I am investigating this matter with the team members on shift on the night in question. If you have any other feedback for me I would welcome your observations on darren.gallagher@rezidorparkinn.com

If I can be of further assistance, contact me directly.

Darren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked with hotel on basis of price. Very reasonible. Very happy with our stay. Clean rooms with nice rain shower in bathroom. Very friendly staff esp. The lady on check out who gave us advice on our forward journey to the giants causeway. Definitally would return to stay again

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth K

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your first trip to Belfast.

I am delighted to hear that you had a nice time and hope to welcome you back

belfast
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in Oct with my mother and was very impressed. We arrived too early for check in but went straight to the hotel in the hope that they could store our luggage while we did a bit of shopping. We were greeted by a very charming male receptionist who not only accepted our bags but arranged to have them taken to our room when it was ready. There had been a mix up with our booking, which I would like to stress was made by a third party booking agent, but the hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We had been allocated a double room which was wheelchair accessible and no twin rooms were available. The receptionist, however, arranged for a full size single bed to be put into the room. As it happened the double bed was so big my mother and I would have had no problem sharing it. Both beds were extremely comfortable. The room was large and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom and the decor was pleasant. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. One thing I particularly liked was the hotel's security, which included lifts which only opened with the insertion of your room key and room doors with a chain like lock which ensured that you weren't bothered by maids if you were having a lie in.
All in all I would recommend this hotel and will certainly return here in the future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear angiefitzp

Thank you for your review of our hotel

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Park Inn by Radisson and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Liverpool
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Really nice hotel. Staff lovely and very helpful with directions, suggestions of where to go etc. Free wifi everywhere and free tea and coffee in the rooms. Location was perfect for visiting the city centre, didn't pay for breakfast but two lovely cafés across the road if you don't. Room was very clean and the bar/restaurant was very good as well. Will definitely stay here again if I visit Belfast!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Joanne16

Thank you for staying with us at the Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, and for your complimentary review.

Hope to see you again in 2014

dublin
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The rooms are spacious, clean and warm. There was a complimentary tea and coffee and internet as well. The best for this hotel is its location, just minutes walk from all the shops and central train and bus station. Staff at the reception and in the bar were very very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear paulina7_8

Thank you for your lovely review and for staying with us when in Belfast.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

kildare
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the park inn from the 30th - 2nd December this year, hotel is in a great location, parking is handy, 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. We didn't spend much time in the hotel itself but when we did the staff were very friendly! Also very handy to have vending machine on every floor! Will be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amie F

Thank you for visiting Belfast and staying in our hotel.

Glad to hear that you had a good time and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had initial high hopes of the property as the reviews seemed very positive. The hotel itself is adequate and clean. The rooms are average size for a city centre hotel and the standard of cleaning seemed good. It did take an entire day for housekeeping to service our room but they seemed pretty stretched on the weekend we stayed.
The 'restaurant' is actually the adjoining bar and it is pretty standard pub fare. Restaurant quality was acceptable but not any better than that. Also forget about bringing children, if you want to have a meal in hotel restaurant in the evening. Pub/Restaurant was very rowdy so we avoided in the evenings.

2 problems with this property in my experience:
1- Parking is significant issue, we arrived with 2 small children and told there is no parking, completely unacceptable and this should be made clear at booking, they tell you to use the car park down the road but this is not practical with 2 small babies, plus there is no area to unload near the hotel so you will be forced to double park on footpath while you drop off - Car park is 5 mins away and down a dark street - Be wary if you are walking late night or alone.
2 - Reception staff, i found the staff at reception to be be pretty unhelpful. They did not help with any queries and were on the verge of being rude. They seemed to be more interested in having a discussion with each other than addressing a customer. (To be fair - one of the receptionists was planning a night out with her friend while i was waiting - That did seem very important to her). I don't want to stay in hotels where reception staff are soulless zombies but neither do i want to stay somewhere where staff do not understand the fundamentals of customer service.

There are other better options in Belfast for this price point, so my advice would be to use this hotel only if you have no other options.But if Parking, Customer Service and Food are not major factors for you, do stay here, it is OK.

Room Tip: Avoid room over the smoking area of the bar next door, unless you like hearing loud pub conversation...
1 Thank Philip D
DOBelfast, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Yibbert

Thank you choosing to stay at Park Inn by Radisson and for your review.
I was sorry to hear about your experience, it does not sound good. In regards to customer service your experience is at odds with the vast majority of our guests. We do put a lot of time and effort into welcoming our guests and providing information and assistance. I sincerely apologise if this was not your experience.
With regards to car parking, we do have 6 spaces at the hotel but they do fill up quickly. I am sorry we did not have one available to you. The overspill car park that we offer is the NCP on the Dublin Road beside Moviehouse cinema and it does include a discount for guests. This is 0.2 miles door to door and a 2 minute walk. There is also an area to stop and drop of bags at the hotel door. If you had to double park, someone must have been in the space.
If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Kind regards