“Nice hotel but food a let down”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from the 27th to the 29th of July 2013 in room 207. The room was clean and spacious but had a smell of sweat! That's what we were greeted with when first opened the room door......but this wasn't something that opening the windows couldn't sort. Our bed was comfortable so no complaints with it. That evening we had dinner in the hotel. The hotel's restaurant and bar is all in one and although the bar looks cool not a great place if you want to have a quiet meal. The food itself was fine but nothing to write home about. Our breakfast the next morning was in the same place and it was also nothing to write home about. Our breakfast on the last morning was quite a let down. I had the full Irish to eat and the sausages tasted of and the milk my wife had in her coffee seen to be of too because sank to the bottom of her cup!.....The hotel over all looks clean and comfortable and the staff treated us kind. They just need to up the standard with food. As for location it's central to everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your favourable ratings regarding location and accommodation and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am disappointed to read of your experience in RBG Bar & Grill and that it was not to your satisfaction. Please be assured this assured that these items will be addressed with both our RBG Manager and Head Chef to ensure no repeat in the future.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you would choose to return as I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked this place last minute being part of the WPFG in Belfast in August and were very happy with our choice. Staff was friendly and very helpful and the location is fantastic, walking distance to everything, shops, restaurants, sights and nightlife. The rooms were modern, clean and spacious and had everything you need, free WiFi, AC, big bathrooms, safe etc. The Bar downstairs had good and reasonable priced food. Would definitely stay here again and will put the Park Inn's on our travel radar now for other locations we go to in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ari1006

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation of our hotel and the Park Inn by Radisson brand.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the World Police and Fire Games, and that we were able to exceed your expectations while with us. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Hope to see you back in Belfast soon, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for our final two nights of holiday in Ireland and Northern Ireland. We weren't expecting luxury, but we wanted a clean room in a good location in Belfast. The Park Inn delivered on our expectations.

We arrived mid-day and we were lucky enough to get one of the limited (2-3?) spots in the underground car park. The car park was heavily secured with a chain gate and doors that locked both directions. One of the locks stopped working, but the hotel staff promptly apologized and worked to resolve the issue. I believe most guests park in a different location a short walk from the hotel.

As members of Club Carlson, our status was recognized at check-in, but no upgrades were available for our second night, so we received a standard room. My wife almost fell over when she saw the "decor" of our room -- VERY bright red, white, and blue. We've stayed in a number of Park Inns in the past, and we are aware of their preference toward bright colors, but our room in Belfast took this to a whole new level.

Besides feeling a bit like we were sleeping in a British flag, the room was spacious and clean.

The front desk helped us book a black cab tour with the tour company we requested, and everyone we encountered was polite and accommodating. On the second day, we even found out that breakfast was included in our room rate, even though we didn't know about it -- good thing we asked! The hotel pub/restaurant was beautiful, and the breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty.

We were able to walk all over Belfast from the Park Inn, and we felt safe returning late at night after being at the pubs. The location was about as central as it gets, just a few blocks from City Hall.

In summary, here are our tips for future visitors:

* If you're driving, ask for a space in the underground car park. You may get lucky and receive one!
* Even if you're using points or your room rate didn't mention breakfast, be sure to ask if breakfast is included.
* Bring some sunglasses for the room colors. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your most positive and detailed review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured your comments regarding some missed communications from our Front Desk team will be addressed to ensure no repeat in the future - I am sorry that you missed Breakfast on one of the days.
I do hope you had a safe journey home at the end of your vacation and that you will have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Belfast City Center. Lots pubs, restaurants and shopping. Excellent location, clean rooms and great wifi. Overall great place for the money. would definitely come back!

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed for the Bruce Springsteen concert. I have stayed in other Park Inns and they are one of my favourite chains and this one lived up to that. The location is brilliant, you can walk anywhere and there are plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby. The check-in staff were extra pleasant and helpful. On our second day we wanted to go on the "hop-on, hop-off" bus and they not only arranged it but organised for the shuttle to pick us up at the hotel door. Would definitely recommend - the price was great too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and I hope you enjoyed the Concert! It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

great wee spot shops restaurants and lively pubs within walking distance...staff were more than helpful & friendly.. food was cheap n cheerful .room had two good sized single beds nothing spacious but adequate for our trip we were only sleeping there the shower was mighty, nice clean hotel no faults

Room Tip: no great view im afraid but did us grand

Reviewed July 25, 2013

we booked this hotel as a group of 16 to attend a concert... the location and price was great £52 advance purchase for the night.. lovely spaced bright rooms and ensuite.. lovely bar which also served food - we all had lunch which was gorgeous... we also made use of the beer garden due to the great weather which was also a nice area.. bar stays open to 3pm which we really enjoyed and bar staff where more than helpful... breakfast next morning was plentiful and gorgeous.. would def stay here again and recommend to friends