“You get what you pay for”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Macroom, Ireland
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The first thing to say is that this is not a Radison. We stayed here on a bargain break package and on reflection, as loyal Radison fans, we would have paid the extra, stayed at the Radison proper and picked up the loyalty points against future stays. This is a budget hotel and for what it is it is fine but it is very basic. The staff were all friendly and helpful and that friendliness started when we arrived. They gave us, at our request, a room high up at the back overlooking the BBC car park rather than the road. It was double room with a basic bed and the flimsiest of duvets, barely big enough to cover the bed. We rang reception and second duvet was immediately delivered, so we had a good nights sleep.

To go back to the word 'basic', the breakfast was basic but good. It was a buffet with a cooked breakfast, hot and well prepared, a bit of fruit and cereal and nothing else, nothing like the usual Radison buffet. We pottered around for the day in the city centre (Georges St market and Bittles old pub with bottled Armagh cider were highlights) and the hotel is very well situated for city centre pottering.

The second morning, I decided to go down early to sit and read but (budget hotel) discovered there was no lobby sitting area, only the breakfast room. I wanted to send some e-mails, but unlike most hotels these days, there was no complimentary Wi-Fi, so I opted out of the outrageous charges and used a much cheaper Internet café later in the day.

Our deal included a dinner and we had already selected our choices, mine meaty, my partner's fishy, from the menu in the room. When we came into the restaurant, we were handed a different and very poor menu of cheap dishes. We had no interest in any of it and the head waiter agreed after a prolonged conversation, that he would ask the chef if we could each have a steak if we skipped the other courses. The chef agreed and sent us out two pretty poor steaks marinaded in something overpowering and not very , supposed to be sirloin but certainly not. My partner said 'no sauce or chips, rare, extra salad if possible' and I said 'rare, with sauce and chips.'. The steaks came out medium to well done and marinaded in something overpowering and probably not home made. My partner got pepper sauce and chips and so did I. I was delighted to get the chips (a rare treat) and they looked fantastic but they were not real chips, just the reconstituted oven variety, McCains or whatever. So really we wrote off our dinner.

Final observations. 1. Beware of weekend packages offering more than they deliver. 2. I have no real complaints about this hotel, but... 3. You get what you pay for

Room Tip: High up at the back, nice and quiet, so you can open the window
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and your favourable ratings regarding our location and service.
I am however disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Given your preference for the Radisson Blu brand, I understand why this is may be the case. As always, our Operation is continually under review and your comments are communicated to our entire team so as to address any items that you felt shortcoming. Our other reviewers have noted a pleasent dining experience with good choice and value, however again, I am sorry that we were not able to meet your personal expectations.
Please be assured that as we are a member of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, your stay is eligeble for Club Carlson points and I do hope this was advised to you. Should it not have been, I will be only too happy to retrospectively add the points for this stay.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve. If I may be of assistance with any future reservation either in Park Inn by Radisson, or Radisson Blu Belfast, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com) as I will be only too happy to assist.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Booked this via the Internet, based on location and price, for myself and my work colleagues.
Must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the overall experience.
Check in was easy and quick. Room was spacious, clean with one of the comfiest beds I've slept on. Bar was lovely, and although we didn't eat, the food looked terrific.
If your looking for a budget hotel that punches above it's weight, then look no further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast in the not too distant future,If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com). I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently booked a cocktail making class with bookcocktail.com and RBG Belfast (park inn bar) was our venue. We had a fantastic time. The class was great fun and the barman was very experienced. Would recommend for all, we went as part of a Hen Party.

Would visit again :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah L
Thank you for your review of RBG Bar & Grill, Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your cocktail making lessons and our team were able to look after you throughout the evening beyond your expectations.
It is always pleasing to hear of our valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return, as we very much look forward to welcoming you back to both RBG Bar & Grill, and Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stay in Belfast every week and would recommend the Park Inn to anyone visiting on business or leisure.

Very clean, tidy and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. On arrival they always have my paperwork out ready to sign, Internet access all set up and and ironing board ready and waiting in the room for me.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mr Blackburn,
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is always a pleasure to look after returning guests and I thank you for choosing to return. Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to review. I very much look forward to seeing you again next week.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This location of this hotel is great and within walking distance of the centre.
Hotel staff were very accommodating and polite. The rooms are light and bed really comfy, the only thing I would say is the quilt was more suited to summer but i think that is a personal thing.

We had breakfast included in the price and it was great, we also had a bar meal there which was good as well.

All in all good value for money and I for one would stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured that any requests for changes in bed linen are happily accommodated at any time.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Sheffield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend. Room is bright, cheerful warm and cosy. Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Ideally located near to attrcations and shopping.
We didn't take breakfast £12.50 but instead used Hamley's cafe about a minutes walk away.
Fantastic price for a fantastic hotel

Room Tip: Our room was on 4th floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JaniceSheffield
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We went to the hotel bar before going to our room and were not impressed. Although the bar was not busy, we still waited for around 4-5 minutes to be served, as the Barman was too busy having a conversation with his friend to acknowledge us, although he had seen us. When he did come over, he just nodded his head, no greeting, no words spoken. I asked for 2 large red wines, and he poured them and said "eleven quid". No please, thank you or anything else. These were the only 2 words spoken during the transaction - just plain rude. I will say that the reception staff were all pleasant, but unfortunately the rudeness of this Barman is what was most memorable about our stay.

• Stayed November 2012
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your favourable ratings regarding location and cleanliness and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am however most disappointed to read of your experience in RBG Bar & Grill. Please be assured this is not the standard of service we aim to provide, nor indicative of that experienced by other guests who have left reviews. I wholeheartedly apologise and assure you that this will be addressed to ensure no repeat in the future.
I understand how your overall impression has been marred by such an event and once again apologise that this is the case. Should you choose to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com) so I may have the opportunity reinstill your faith in our product and service offering.
Once again, thank you for your review, as it is only through such feedback we can continually improve. I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.