“Couldn't be handier”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cork, Ireland
“Couldn't be handier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a comfortable, neat and quiet hotel centrally located just off the Dublin Road (opposite the Ulster Hall) in Belfast. Literally five minutes' walk to the city centre, the hotel has friendly and helpful staff, good-sized rooms and nice bathrooms with huge shower cabins. The breakfast is very good as well, with plenty of choice, which is not always the case in hotels. The bar is pleasant with a good range of beverages.
I stayed here once before, a few years ago and would certainly stay again.
Be warned, though, there's no car parking to speak of. However, there are car parks close by which will presumably do a good overnight rate.

Room Tip: From what I've seen all the rooms are far away enough from the main road to be quite quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
longford ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

just back from a very enjoyable stay at park inn everyone very helpfull infact could not do enough for us. very central for everything in belfast. bar and restaurant too warm tho. turn the heat down. parking difficult as there is no parking attached. weekend is ok for parking so we were lucky

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
I am sorry if you found RBG Bar & Grill too warm. Please be advised that our team are on hand to assist at all times. Should you experience the same on a return visit, please do not hesitate to request for this to be adjusted.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Park Inn is close to the BBC studios, which give good tours and a very short walk from Belfast City Centre.

The rooms are comfortable, but unexceptional. The bed was pretty comfortable and the restaurant provides decent food.

Breakfast has a good range of hot and cold buffet options, including nuts to sprinkle on your cereal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I read the reviews before I booked but didn't really take them on board ! I'm getting old and grumpy so EXPECT the good things ( because I'm paying for them !) and getting more bugged by the bad. So now parking IS A BIG ISSUE. As someone else commented it's ironic that the Park Inn has only a 4-space "carpark" - that's a driveway ! So having driven all day and wanting an easy end I was not happy at all to be sent back into the evening traffic to travel to and try to find the nearest public car park. I ended up on the 3rd level and had to drag a bag and laptop etc down 6 sets of steps, followed by a 4 minute walk in light rain - lucky me. The other big issue for me was that the hotel fronts on to some sort of trucking depot - I didn't check the details. However I was woken at 6.30 to the sound of reversing lorries, dropped skips and reving engines. So as per the other reviews, yes the rooms are clean, staff great, food good but I won't be back - because these 2 issues really do matter to me. The good stuff does not compensate for the bad.

1 Thank Lukieboy2
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your favourable ratings regarding cleanliess, our team and good food. It is always pleasing to hear such feedback and I shall commuincate this to my team.
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with Parking and that you were disturbed by noise from outside the hotel in the morning.
Parking as advised both on this site and our own hotel information is limited and suitable alternatives are offered like the discounted rate with the NCP car park. Provision is made outside the hotel for drop off, check in and then moving your car as required thus making the arrival process easier. I am sorry if this information was not made clear to you prior to arrival.
I am equally sorry that you were affected by noise from deliveries to neighbouring premises. Our own schedules are delivery outwith silent hours and agreements in place with our neighbours to ensure the same. I shall revisit this with them so as to ensure no repeat in the future, and I thank you for advising me of this.
It is disappointing that you would choose not to return and do hope with explanation above you may reconsider. As always, we are more than happy to assist in any way we can with the car park situation and requests for rooms located away from street frontage if prepared. If I may be of any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com).
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

As others have noted, this hotel is located in the heart of Belfast. We found the staff very friendly and accommodating on a range of queries, from where to eat, sights to see and even where laundry can be taken! We stayed at the Park Inn for 2 nights - the room was spacious, clean and a very comfortable, large bed. Bathroom was great and enough room for 2 people to shower together.

Room Tip: We were located well away from the elevators - this was good as there seemed to be a fair amount of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is located very centrally. The bus fair from the City Airport was 2.2 pounds and it takes about 10 minutes. The stop is next to city hall, then it is very close to walk to the hotel. The hotel itself is very pleasant. I got a room on the second floor. It was all in red colour and Asian pattern on red curtains, so I felt like a geysha. The best was absolute silence when I was sleeping. No distractions whatsoever. Loved nice and big bathroom and "tropical rain" shower. Nice minimalistic and big enough room. Breakfast was included in the price. Food served at breakfast was really good and plenty to choose from. You need to pay extra for wifi (3 pounds for 1h or 10 for a day). You can log off and log back in to use the rest of the time. However, this system did not always work for me. I had otherwise very busy days, so did not test gym and sauna facilities - next time, perhaps! Looking forward to be back. The bar and restaurant seems also very pleasant. It is made to look old (but in a tasteful way). There is a "beer garden" and - how smart - you have a view of it when eating breakfast. So we could watch rain pouring down (or was it upwards that day?).

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you intend to return and am pleased to advise that complimentary Wi-Fi will be available from January 2013 throughout the hotel.
Holywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

close to the heart of belfast this hotel is situated within walking distance of night life, but is far enough away that the noise doesn't bother you. Very helpful staff. Rooms clean. All in all and excellent choice to stay in belfast city centre. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends