“Fantastic location, friendly staff”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at the Park Inn in Belfast for the final two nights of a 10-day trip around Ireland. We'd seen quite the variety of hotels by that point. With the Park Inn, we ended our trip on a high note. The hotel was clean, updated, comfortable and quiet and it had all the amenities we needed, including a hair dryer, a good TV and enough towels. I'm not sure how old the hotel is, but it felt new and modern. The room was a decent size -- not large, but definitely not tiny like the rooms in Dublin. The hotel is located on a side street off of the nosier and more crowded Bedford Street. It was pouring rain when we arrived, and it did take us a bit to find the hotel, as it is somewhat hidden. That said, once we found the hotel, it was in the perfect location for seeing the sights of Belfast.

I cannot say enough good things about the hotel staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The front-desk staff was superb, particularly the very nice (and funny!) man who checked us in and out. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and the food and the service were good. We did not eat any other meals there. When we returned home, I realized I was missing a small coinpurse. We called the hotel and they had found it and mailed it to me straight away.

Once Belfast is "discovered" by the masses, the Park Inn will no doubt be one of the most popular hotels. I am glad we found it when we did, as it was an excellent value and definitely made our stay in Northern Ireland all the more enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that overlooked the BBC building. Other than one time when someone was emptying...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank murnaloo
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am pleased to learn you have been reunited with your coin purse. Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was chosen by the organiser of a large weekend event I was attending. Room rates were reasonable for a city centre hotel and most of the major sights were walkable from the hotel, i.e. City Hall, hop on/off bus departure point, Victoria Square, Botanic Gardens, airport shuttle bus stop. The rooms were modern, clean, bright and warm (temperatures easily adjusted). Loved the huge walk-in shower with big rainforest shower head! As Terry says in her review, the restaurant isn't ideal as more of a sports bar with TVs all around the walls. We had to ask for cutlery every morning as tables weren't cleared and reset after the first person sat there. The bacon and sausages were nice but tomatoes often burnt around the edges and other hot items in iron pans where it was difficult to lift the lids and see what was in there at the same time as balancing your plate and trying to fill it. Vending machines on each floor with snacks, soft drinks and wine were useful! The real disappointment about the hotel is that you have to get your room key programmed to access the leisure facilities and when we actually got to the sauna and steam room the doors were wide open and they weren't even switched on. Someone did come along and turn them on and said it would be hot in half an hour. But I only had half an hour to spare between events so no good. A big pat on the back to the reception staff though who were really friendly and efficient and would chat if not busy and checked me in and printed my boarding pass for my flight home with no quibble or charge.

1 Thank Maruba
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your favourable ratings regarding most aspects and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am disappointed however to read of your dissatisfaction regarding our Sauna and Steam room. Access is provided free of charge for all guests at any time, however as advised at the desk and in our in room information booklet, this is available on request due to our commitment to reduction in energy consumption. I am sorry if this information was not relayed correctly or perhaps unclear.
Thank you for your praise regarding our teams friendliness. Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Abingdon
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The place was clean and the staff were friendly - and the housekeeping staff exceptional.

However, the real spoiler for us was that the duvets barely covered the bed and we were told that there were no others. It was as if they have supplied duvets for 4' 6" beds onto their 5' beds. The original pillows on the bed were also very small and uncomfortable - but we requested different ones and they were happy to provide them. We ended up turning our duvet around so the 'length' became the width - and it would appear (from talking to other guests) that many others also did the same. The problem here was that the cleaner then turned the duvet back unless we happened to see her and ask her not to do this. This was such a shame as the beds are extremely comfortable - but one can not sleep well if the covers do not 'cover'!! It is perhaps surprising that the housekeeping staff have not mentioned to management that guests turn the duvets as this would then indicate that they have a problem that is quite universal.

One other downside for us was the difficulty getting away from the TV screens that are everywhere in the Grill that also acts as the breakfast room. It was noise and visual pollution on a real grand scale. As we were part of a very large group that met infrequently, we wanted to talk to each other - but this was difficult as the TVs did distract and intrude.

Breakfast is totally self service and the place settings on the tables are minimal (no side plates or butter knives, no saucers for cups or mugs so nowhere to put teaspoons, etc). If you have mobility problems, we would hope that you would receive some assistance as you have to walk miles back and forth to collect everything (juice, tea/coffee, toast as well as the usual selection from the breakfast buffet). There were insufficient staff to clear the tables so most mornings were spent eating breakfast surrounded by dirty tables and crockery.

The breakfast food was OK - but they clearly had difficulty coping with such large numbers as they frequently ran out of things and you had to wait 10-20 minutes if you wanted fried or poached eggs. The scrambled eggs on the servery looked and tasted as if they were made from powdered eggs and were definitely not to be recommended.

We had one evening meal and this was definitely an 'out of the bag and into the microwave' type affair and so we did not repeat the experience.

However we would particularly like to thank Michael on reception for his help and advice, his always present smile made it a pleasure to deal with him.

Room Tip: Remember to order your fried or poached eggs when you first arrive for breakfast, with a bit of luck...
2 Thank TAbingdon
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your favourable ratings regarding location and cleanliness and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Please be assured each item you have highlighted shall be discussed with our Team so as to ensure no repeat. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the items you described.
I thank you for taking the time to praise our Housekeeping and Front Desk team. Please be assured I have communicated your review to those team members to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review, as it is only through such feedback that we can continulally improve. I do hope your overall impression has been marred by the items described. Should you choose to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com) as I will be only too happy to assist.
I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
Bucks, England
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A modern Hotel in a central location in a quiet side street in the City Centre but perhaps a little difficult to find - if coming from the Great Victoria St Bus/Rail Hub be aware that Bains Place no longer connects to Clarence Street West as shown by some maps - this section seems to have been absorbed by the BBC !

Large rooms, very quiet, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom with large walk-in shower. Unfortunately not much space for clothes ! Limited hanging space and apparently no drawers just some open shelves ... Good choice of TV channels with excellent reception but WiFi is charged for.

Stylish Bar and Restaurant, but long and narrow and perhaps a little dark.

Local area OK but not outstanding, the Hotel is sandwiched between Office Buildings - quiet at weekends - and the BBC Depot which operates 24/7 ...

Breakfast is a little chaotic ... the problem seems to be that there is no dedicated serving area, so the Buffet is laid out along the Bar counters in a somewhat confusing and illogical manner.

Overall, a comfortable Hotel in a good central location ...

Room Tip: Higher floors will be quieter ...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to meetyour expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured that each item in turn is reviewed with our entire team. All aspects of our Operation are continually under review and your invaluable feedback will no doubt assist in ensuring further satisfaction to future guests.
Once again, thank you for your review. Should you choose to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com) as I will be only too happy to assist. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
Senhora da Hora, Porto, Portugal
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The last stop on our roadtrip was Belfast and since we left everything to the last minute we arrived with no hotel booking. For some reason most hotels were fully booked for our second night there so we wondered around to find a place to stay for the second night. We were recommended (by another hotel) to try the Park Inn. we were greeted by to big smiles and we were given a very special treatment when booking out stay for that night. Very pleasant and helpful staff who seemed to go out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible!. I We would like to thank Michael and Andrew for their wonderful service! I fully recommend staying at the Park Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Silvia A
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure to look after your and is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team, in particular Andrew to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Turriff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went as part of a large group, and found the staff to be helpful, the rooms clean with comfy beds. The shower was wonderful, with the option of a big wide American style head, or a massage head (think pressure washer). This came as a real treat following a hard mornings go-karting.

The walls of the bedroom were a range of primary colours with a big bolshy colourful print on the wall, making a nice change from beige with an insipid watercolour. The corridors were also colour coded, which meant that stumbling back to the room after partaking of a few beverages was easy (my room was one of the ones in the yellow section).

The food was good, and I found myself eating in the hotel rather than venturing out to any of the mass of eateries in the vicinity. The breakfasts were especially good, with whole large mushrooms, although there wasn't a fried egg to be seen.

The staff were great, with the housekeeping staff happily providing extra teabags, milk and sugar, and a couple more big towels when requested. All in all, a pleasant place to stay.

1 Thank Mhairi M
Eliot
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay for 3 nights in Sept.2012 and found the front desk staff very helpful with directions,dinner reservations and contacts with tours we had made. We would highly recommend you stay there.