“Very central”

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Well upon arrival very early in the morning I enquired if we could leave our bags until we could check in, Stephen was very helpful and checked us in early bonus......the rooms are spotless and the bed comfy just what you need after travelling the hotel is great for getting about from the front door hang a right and keep right their is a pizza express and a wetherspoons, from the front door if you hang a left and follow the road keep going left and you will come to the Crown steeped in history and full of character accross the road is Brennans which has live music their is also a spar shop on the main rd, in the shopping mall you will find tgi Fridays and Frankie and Benny's and it's definatly shop till you drop in the center, and if you are to tired to travel about go in the rbg bar belonging to the hotel they have special deals on, oh and i gave the steam room and sauna a whirl very relaxing, thanks to all the staff especially Stephen for giving us a warm welcome to belfast, we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one.
I have communicated your review to my team so they, and in particular Stephen are aware of your satisfaction and to thank them for a "Job well done"!
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope you have the opportunity to return to stay with us, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Belfast

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My two friends and I booked in to the Park Inn yesterday at 4.30pm. One room was ready, one wasn't, and I was told I would have to book in later in the evening. A bit inconvenient, but no big deal. My friends took my bags for me and we went off to Mourne Seafood Co for dinner (it was brilliant!). Booked a cab from free phone at reception, very handy. We returned to the hotel at 7.00pm to get ready to go to a concert in the Ulster Hall. From this perspective, the location of the hotel couldn't be better. We went to the RBG bar for an hour and found it to be most amenable. Bar staff very friendly, cocktails on offer and a lovely relaxed atmophere. After such a good meal, and in anticipation of the concert, we were having a great evening's craic. Off to see Noah and the Whale (who were brilliant, brilliant, brilliant). When we got back to the hotel we were in great form. We decided to go to the RBG bar but found the door from the street locked. The door from the foyer was also closed and it looked as though the bar was closed. As the receptionist had earlier advised all guests that the bar was open until 12.00, I asked if it was still open. It actually was, but doors closed and/or locked, to give the impression it was not open. We went in and were greeted by frosty faces - the same ones that were so friendly at 7.30pm. From 11.00 - 11.30, we watched 30 or 40 guests and concert goers alike turn away from the RBG, believing it to be closed. Not bad, in the middle of the worst economic crisis in modern history. I suspect the staff would have been more welcoming had it been a family run hotel or if they thought their jobs depended on it. Not a great night's sleep. Very noisy air vents outside all night. I was on the 2nd floor, but it also disturbed my friends on the 6th floor. Breakfast plentiful, but not great quality. When my friends joined me at 9.45am, after a nice lie in, Ali informed me she had been bitten and indeed she had. She had spotted the little black intruder and managed to beat him to death in the night. I tried to reassure her it may have been a midge. So, a typical multi national, staff friendly until 10.00 pm - then not so good. Breakfast not great quality, but plentiful and a little unwanted companion.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note the posiitves you have identified in your review and thank you for taking the time to share those with ourselves and prospective guests to Belfast. It is pleasing to hear of the welcome and service you experienced upon commencement of your stay.
It is disappointing however to read of your later experience. Please be assured that I have addressed the situation with my Food & Beverage Manager regarding this so as to address and avoid any repeat in the future.
Regarding the housekeeping of your bedroom, I thank you for drawing this to my attention so I may investigate accordingly. Please be assured that we operate a rigurous pest control programme on a daily basis and am confident that the reassurance you offered your travel companion is the correct information. As this review does not identify the details, I will mail you directly to obtain and ensure a comprehensive check is completed again.
Your sum up in your review is by no means the impression I would like you to leave with and I apologise again if this is the case. I can assure you that all items relayed will be addressed with those relevant.
I do hope the positive outweighs the shortcomings you experienced on this occasion, as I would very much look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were here for the fourth time and again we were not disappointed. The staff was always friendly and very helpful. The food was always delicious especially the steaks. The atmosphere in the hotel is always uncomplicated and vibrant

Room Tip: always ring reservation at hotel directly and book
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

I am delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one and we were able to exceed your expectactions.
Please be assured I have conveyed your review to my team so they are aware and to thank them for a "Job well done"! Thank you for choosing to share your experience with both ourselves and prospective visitors to the city.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to stay with us in the not too distant future as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I didn't expect much of this hotel. For such central location, the rate seemed fishy. It turned out to be a fantastic value. Simply great value.

We took the business package for a couple more dollars to guarantee free WiFi. We got a room on the top floor overlooking the BBC building. KING BED (thank God), brand new shower (the whole hotel is probably very new), best water pressure we encountered in Ireland, TV with lots of channels, nice reception staff, surprisingly rich breakfast buffet (Toaster, some cheese, pastries... above standard) and perfect city center location.

Didn't miss a thing and definitely were happy not to spend so much more on a hotel like the Fitzwilliam which was far more expensive.

I thought the beds were fine. Not the best, but definitely not a deal breaker.
Parking was less convenient but still ok. Initially we parked near the front door and unloaded, then we moved the car to the car park near the nearby cinema. Not too much hussel, especially if you combine it with a good movie in the modern Movie House :)

There is also very limited on-site parking which was full. Perhaps you can try and give the hotel a call in advance and ask them to save you a spot.

Belfast is a great city. Donegal place with its shops and the Victoria Mall are great for shopping. Many streets are pedestrianized and very convenient as long as it doesn't rain. The university is also beautiful to visit and the parliament building, Stormont, is an impressive icon to pass by.

I would recommend spending three nights in Belfast if you have the time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have chosen to share your experience with both ourselves and prospective visitors to Belfast.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to stay with us, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

My sister and I stayed here on a short trip to Belfast and it would have been perfect, except for the uncomfortable beds! On the second night, my sister hardly slept at all, which is not what you need on a busy holiday!
The shower, on the other hand, was fantastic. It was bigger than my bathroom at home! Just the thing to wake you up in the morning!
The hotel was in a great location, only a few minutes walk from the City Hall and the main shopping area, but also close to the University and Botanic Avenue.
The staff at reception were friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for you review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and thank you for sharing your experience with ourselves and prospective visitors to the city.
I am sorry to read that your sister did not find her bed comfortable. I trust yours was acceptable for you? Mattresses are indeed a very personal choice of preference. Please be assured that our mattresses are continually rotated, examined for damage or disrepair and replaced as necessary. We also do have facilities available to make them more firm or softer by request.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your most positive comments. I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Brillant hotel, staff very friendly! Breakfast was fresh and plenty of everything to choose from! Only negative is the noise outside the hotel, windows are not great as I actually though they were open because the noise was so loud! Love the decor and great bar! Would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

It is always pleasing to read of a valued guests' satisfaction and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
May I take this opportunity to advise both yourself and prospective guests that the windows of the hotel are double glazed and also provide an additional adjustable air vent located at the top of the window. These are typically closed by the housekeepers upon departure of the previous guest should they have chosen to open it. I apologise if this were not the case leading to noise being carried into your room from outside.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback we can continually improve. I do hope you have the opportunity to return to stay with us as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here mid-week the end of September and had such a lovely stay that I decided to write this review. Location great, room perfect, shower huge! We stayed on the 6th floor and i can't say I heard any crane (see review by other visitor) but we were up early to make the most of our short trip to belfast.
Staff super friendly big thanks to stephen the night receptionist :) they couldn't be more helpful reccomending pubs and giving directions and train times. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I get back to Belfast I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is always pleasing to read of a valued guests' satisfaction and I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay.
I have communicated your review to my entire team, in particular Stephen, so as to ensure they are aware and thank them for a "job well done"!
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with ourselves and prospective visitors to the city. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.