“Good, but awkward layout.”
Review of Cafe Conor

Cafe Conor
Ranked #90 of 1,070 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are open from breakfast till late and have numerous delicious modern European dishes to choose.From original comfort foods and classic dishes, there will be something for everyone. We are known in Belfast for delivering the best from tasty homemade snacks to hearty evening meals. Our unusual high-ceilinged room is brightened with the natural light from the lantern roof and was originally the studio of local artist William Conor (1944-1954).
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, but awkward layout.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited Cafe Conor with a few relatives last summer and found the food wonderful, particularly the dessert. However, our dining experience was really affected by the somewhat weird positioning of the table we were sitting at. There were three of us and we had to sit unusually close together around a table which would normally only seat two people. Although the service and atmosphere were perfect, I was disappointed that we were seated at the corner/alcove table.

• Visited July 2012

New York, USA
“An offensive refusal to accept a change in order”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

On Monday, March 11th, I ordered the confit of chicken at Cafe Conor in Belfast and realized it wasn't what I wanted when they served me a chicken drumstick and another piece of dark meat (I don't like dark meat). I asked the waiter to change my order, and the waiter came back to tell me the manager said no, I could not change my order without having to pay for the dish. I asked to speak with the manager, and a woman with dark black hair came over. I asked that I be able to change my order, and she said I would have to pay for the dish along with the new dish. I said I would not pay for the chicken because I hadn't eaten it and good business practice would be to let me change my order. "You want my repeat business, right?" The manager was very stubborn and walked away without taking a new order. After my companions finished their meal, we told her that I was an American law professor, and that her behavior was an embarrassment to Queen's University and the City of Belfast. After we left the premises, my companions told me the food wasn't that good.
Caveat emptor.
Michael Schwartz

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank max1917
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - Good anytime”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been in and out of cafe conor for as long as i can remember, whether its in for a coffee or in for a meal, it has always been great service.

There weekly deal on monday, tuesday and wednesday is second to none, and with a £4 supplement for the steak, it is most definately value for your money.

Desserts are also top drawer, especially the cheesecake, the chocolate cake and the banoffee.

Always an enjoyable time at cafe conor!

• Visited February 2013
belfast
“Second time”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the second time we have visited and once again the atmosphere and food was excellent with attentive staff. Well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have came now to Connor's many time and I kept coming back due to the great breakfast and great service. I would highly recommend the bacon and waffles( and ask for a fried egg)