“Was not what I expected”
Review of Titanic Apartments

and 1 more site!
Titanic Apartments
Ranked #19 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
N.Ireland
“Was not what I expected”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Booked these apartments as a surprise for my partner, based on the fact that they advertise themselves as a 'luxury apartment'! This was not the case. While the apartment was modern and clean, it was far from luxurious. The pictures this company (a city abode) uses on their website did not reflect the apartment we were allocated. I did not find the warm colours and plush wallpaper that was advertised in their website. Instead, the apartment was painted white and sparsely decorated with average furniture. (Argos lamps etc) The decor in the apartment (or lack of it) was depressing. Only one bedside lamp (the lampshade was broken) and locker in the bedroom which is advertised as a double bedroom. Not the romantic weekend I had in mind. The bed was comfortable however. There was only one champagne flute and one cheap wine glass in the kitchen (thankfully I'd taken my own) I've seen much better kitted out student digs. The apartment however has a lot of potential. Simple things like a bin in the bathroom and a better stocked kitchen area would be helpful. Perhaps a welcome pack. When we arrived we were given 2 tea-bags and 2 coffee sachets in an envelope, (for 2 people for 2 nights!!) The staff member that met us however was very friendly, and provided a wee bottle of milk as well. I had also booked this place as the website advertised free wifi. I brought my laptop and discovered that there was no wifi available. When I rang the office, I was informed that I should have pre-booked the wifi, even though the website states there is wifi in all apartments. There was nothing they could do about it apart from apologising. This may suit a business traveller, and has excellent secure underground parking. It's in the heart of the titanic quarter and a stone's throw from the Odyssey. But if you're looking for luxury or romance, forget it!! I was left very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobinire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I were due to stay in titanic apartments for two nights, and we recieved a phone call under a week before our visit to Belfast to say that there had been a 'fire' in our room and we could no longer stay there on Friday night.
They offered little support for us to try and find alternative accomodation and refused to pay the difference in price of accomodation to stay somewhere else. The manager of the apartments is called Nick and he is rude, unhelpful, has no customer service skills at all and is only there to make money.
He was due to call us back to tell us what he could do help us after much deliberation, however we received no phone call. Later speaking with his colleague a day later, she did not know anything about a fire in our room and just told us that our room was cancelled. When we finally managed to speak with Nick again he said that there was nothing he was going to do for us.
If you are the owner of this company, this man has too much authority and is driving your customers away. I am going to personally make sure that anyone I know going to Belfast avoids booking at this place and any accomodation linked to these apartments.
Please look into other reviews, as you will see titanic is notrious for this and fortunately they did not have our new card details as we have read that they will scam money from people. This was a luck escape for us - please be careful before you book.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ScottandSue_scottsue

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Galicia
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I stayed in this hostel last week with my boyfriend and it so cool!!The rooms are comfortabe and romantic!!a good breakfast and the staff is so friendly and helpful!!!i had a great experience and i would like to repeat it!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Grimsby
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I booked in with 16 friends and so over booked the apartments, This was my fault as I had used two different websites on the same night. The management has assumed that I had gone to a different website after a failed booking on the apartments. (a warning as these seem to overbook)

Two days before they rang to check the booking and this was resolved by moving the other people who had booked and allowing us to have all three floors and 12 bed spaces plus sofas. at a much reduced cost.

The rooms were spotless with large kitchen and lounge areas, good clean bathrooms - in all three apartments as I saw them all. beds were excellent, top floor apartment the nicest. (note the first and second floor apartments have a back entrance that is not the most pleasing entrance but dont let this put you off. )

The apartments are next to a hostel who facilities you can use and all the staff there were friendly.

Location, walkable to the city centre but on the far side of town from the waterfront attractions.

At the top of Lisburn road - 5 mins walk is a spar, and a few nice bars and resturants.

An excellent choice if travelling to make a change from a hostel or for a city break with home comforts. --- it is not a hotel!

• Stayed February 2009
london
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I booked a two bedroom apartment through [--]. I pre-paid and received full confirmation. I had planned to take my mother to see the tall ships race in belfast and stay over there on the saturday night. I called the apartments om the Staurday moring to ask where I could check in and collect keys as there is no reception at the site. They denied I had a booking and said I could not turn up as they had just let out all the apartments. They denied any booking and when i tried to question them further they put down the phone on me. They blame [--] and [--] blamed them for the problem. Either way I was without my hotel and paid £175.00 for a service I did not receive. These people have my money and they won't pay it back. They are evasive on the phone and it all comes across as very unprofessional and criminal. No attempt was made to re-accommodate me and no apoloigy was recived from management.

Stayed August 2009
3 Thank conalrs
scotland
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I had a phone call the night before to say we could no longer stay at this apartment as the room had been trashed by a stag party!? We were then offered a b & b which we were then told was fully booked, the saga continued and after several offers of b & b's we finally decided on one which would be suitable.

On arrival my deposit had not been transferred over and all the information I had been given on this b & b was completely wrong including how long we were staying for and how much it was going to be. This confusion took up most of our day resulting in us not being able to go and do what we had planned.

I certainly would not recommend booking with these people again!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends