“great location and lovely hotel - deals to be had too!”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
london
“great location and lovely hotel - deals to be had too!”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The hotel location is excellent and withing a 15 minute walk of most of Belfast. We used this as a base and walked to the city centre, botanic gardens and falls road areas easily. The hotel was excellent and we had a deluxe corner room with double aspect glass walls overlooking the city. Whilst they failed to clean the room one day this was very quickly rectified when mentioned to them. The breakfast was lovely with great choice and good service. I guess for many the £19 for full breakfast seems steep and it would be. I called the hotel to book directly and used the rate offered by Expedia (one night free) as a basis and they threw in breakfast for £20 for both of us for the three days of the stay.... so a good deal i reckon.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
co letrim
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a stay at The Fitzwilliam for our wedding anniversary. We travel a lot, like quality hotels and always do a lot of research on our hotel beforehand. This hotel is undoubtedly the best and most luxurious we have ever stayed at.
However, where the hotel really excels is in the service and attention to detail. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional.The concerge Fergal recomended we take the black taxi tour and our guide Bobby was brilliant .
The specification in the rooms was high- no corners were cut . Lunch in the hotel bar was delicious also.
It's sadly common to feel shortchanged when you splash out on a pricey hotel but this really was good value and absolutely worth every penny.
We feel blissed out after our stay and can't wait to return. When we next visit Belfast

1 Thank classact7
Dublin
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I stayed for two nights on businss. Reception resembles a three star not five. Corridors too dark. Charge for every possible extra. Hotel charged extra to credit card for their own chosen charity without asking permission from me until I queried the charge. Hotel staff explained they have leaflets throughout hotel explaining this will happen - I saw no such information anywhere in hotel during my stay. Guest should be entitled to choose their own charity in their own time . Parking is a rip off at 15stg per day on top of overcharged accomodation. As a result I would never stay at a Fitzwilliam hotel again for business or pleasure.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank McKenzieDublin
belfast
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband booked this hotel as a 30th birthday surprise. He booked a suite room and it was just fabulous!!
AS soon as we arrived at this hotel we felt very special. The service and staff were excellent. We live in Belfast and have travelled extensively, however I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in...and it's right on our doorstep. Loved it. It has a romantic feel in its surroundings for couples.

Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I recently spent a week at the Fitzwilliam and have nothing but good to report. I arrived at about 10:30 AM, just after a transatlantic flight and expected to wait until the 2P check-in time to get into my room. I was wrong! I no sooner walked into the lobby than the concierge took my bags, got me checked in at the front desk and delivered me to my room. What a pleasant surprise! And then the room - comfy bed with a thick duvet, lots of pillows, mood candles, and even a flower in a vase on the side table! I actually thought it was one of those fake flowers with clear plastic made to look like the water, but not so. The bath was luxurious with a big soaking tub and a walk in shower, even a cozy terry robe to wrap up in. The staff was very friendly and helpful, I could get spoiled here. I also had dinner in the Menu by Kevin Thornton (restaurant in the hotel) and it goes down in my book as one of the top 2 restaurant dinners ever. I took my waiter's dinner suggestion and had an absolutely amazing meal! Location? Easily within walking distance of most anything you'd like to do, and if you need a taxi they will have one there in 5 minutes. Next time I go to Belfast I won't have to go looking for a hotel - I already know where the best in town is!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I liked the Fitzwilliam. Really convenient for shopping etc. Our room was nice, very modern (it might date quite quickly) and comfortable. Nice shampoo etc & good shower. Well stocked mini bar. Brolly was a nice touch. Breakfast was good. Really only slight disappointment was our room service - the caesar salad wasn't nice, nor were the crabcakes.

Maracaibo, Venezuela
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I was reading the "Terrible" reviews about this hotel and I couldn't disagree more with the "Dissapointing" one. Rooms are fairly big and our bed was the most comfortable I have slept in many hotels. Service was great too, though I must admit it's quite expensive (I had a shot of rum nearly twice as expensive as in any sophisticated bar in town). We had breakfast in the room and the presentation was spotless. Also, it was on time and most importantly: it was delicious! I have to give credit about the heating control, it was quite warm at some point but eventually you can regulate it. If someone ever has a bad stay here is because they expect rooms to be the size of a hippodrome, or just that you're in a bad mood during your stay.

About the second "Terrible" review: She's quite right about location and inaccesibilty. But let's be honest: This hotel is made for couples :-).

Excellent place, I totally recommend it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple