“A good stay”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Booked the hotel well in advance and was able to get a very good rate for the 2 nights. Room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. Staff were pleasant so overall no issues. Food in the bar was good as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,496)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel,which is in a terrific city centre location, is beautifully furnished and immaculately clean. Service was excellent and the room itself was very comfortable and quiet. The food was OK, there are much better places to eat in Belfast, but the portions were large and desserts were tasty so overall I can't complain.
Would love it if this hotel had spa facilities.
Will definitely go back if staying overnight in the city.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here quit some time ago, the hotel is in a perfect location, i would say a very good 4 star hotel. We asked for towels on the second night which never came and when mentioned the next morning was dismissed. The bar staff were particularly slow so much so that we had to go up twice to find out where are drinks where.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a five star hotel in Belfast, situated in the centre of Belfast with easy walking to the shops and bars and restaurants

I am a fairly regualr visitor to this Hotel when in Northern Ireland on Business and the reason I return is that is always the same, the servcie is outstanding, the rooms are beautifully appointed and the beds are so comfy.

I would not stay anywhere else in Belfast and would change my dates if they were full to make sure I got my night at the Fitzwilliam.

The restuarnt has excellent food and is well cooked and prepared. The Staff at this Hotel are first class, helpful and kind and hospitality is oozing from every area.

Upgrade to a suite, the double shower is amazing!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite 801
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bigbird1334
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Modern and very comfortable hotel. Extremely comfortable bed and well equipped large room. All the staff (who were mainly Irish) were very friendly and helpful, they even opened an extra room for our party to have drinks as the bar was full. Breakfast was well presented with continental buffet and hot food to order. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and would happily recommend to anyone wanting a comfortable, well equipped hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with a friend for dinner and cocktails and got nothing but polite service and quality food. I found the bar to be cosy and warm (nothing nicer than a warm bar) and could of quite easily sat on had I not to get up for work the next day. I did notice the bar was busy and could see the strain on staff but trip advisor is a website for reviews on hotel and service therfore I won't hide behind my trip advisor comments and personally attack staff members. Overall I had great drinks and great food in a cosy environment and would/will be back again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenzi
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We booked the Fitzwilliam as a 30th birthday treat! Hotel is fab, got a superior Room, comfy & modern! Breakfast was excellent, great choice and well presented!
we went on the evening of our stay to the bar and had some cocktails, we were served by Jonathon who was to be honest full of himself, he made great cocktails but when we ordered our second round of drinks, my hubby placed £20 on the counter and he turned to us and said, 'you'll need more than that', we were puzzled. he produced a receipt for 2 cocktails and 2 pints of beer, we had already paid for our first round of drinks and even gave him a tip!!!! the cheek.
I said, 'excuse me, we have already paid for the first drinks', to which he cheekily replied, 'who did you pay it wasn't me?'
only when we reminded him we had given him a tip did he remember and well he was very embarrassed. I was insulted that he was accusing us of not paying, luckily we had our receipt on the bar to prove it. He did apologise and afterwards offered us a complimentary drink but the damage was done and we left after the second drink.
really enjoyed our stay and would come back but not to Jonathon and his cocktails.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple