“Gamorous location”

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Manchester UK
“Gamorous location”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here two nights. Check in smooth and efficient. Classic FM soothingly playing as I walked in. Very chic back and green room-all mod cons and large bathroom with bath and shower-shower hot and powerful. Very clean and tidy!
Staff unfailingly charming and very eager to help.
Agree with other reviewers about little things! Tea/coffee tray fine but had to plug kettle in by bed to make a drink which was a bit odd. Please can you provide a jug of fresh milk not that horrible UHT nonsense!!!
Bar busy and noisy but cocktails dandy. Breakfast fabulous lots of choice and great service.
Concierge a big plus-great directions and help with printing off pesky Flybe boarding passes.
Hotel lovely and quiet at night despite the mayhem down the road. Free WIFI makes it all very easy to get around and stay in touch.
Would suit a romantic break for two-I was with my sister in law and we had a great time doing the Titanic/Crumlin Road gaol!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ceciliawalker4253
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear ceciliawalker4253

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how much much you enjoyed the experience including the service and room.

I will certainly share your comments with regards the milk and plug in the room with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Carolyn Matthews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Ireland
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed in The Fitzwilliam for work last week. It is so central and the Concierge parked our car for us so whilst I was working, my other half could enjoy the sights of the city. The staff are really friendly, lovely rooms, fab bathrooms and tasty breakfast the next day. Will happily go back and stay on a personal basis for the weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SastaTraveller
Dear SastaTraveller

I thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your recent visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted you enjoyed the location, service and breakfast. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Braintree, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel midweek. Rooms were lovely and clean and facilities excellent.
So nice to find such attentive and pleasant staff. I had a few minor issues which were dealt with efficiently and courteously. Great breakfast and evening meal ok, larger selection of main meals would be my only negative for this great stay. Great location for the city, theatres, Titanic museum and the concierge can arrange a pick up to be taken to join the city tour buses. It was so nice being able to get local info from the staff who were local themselves. Would definitely re visit and recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Angela S
Dear

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read how you found our staff attentive and pleasant, the rooms lovely and facilities excellent.

I will certainly be sharing your lovely comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Fitzwilliam is a modern hotel, beautifully furnished and offering state of the art facilites. The problem comes with the little things that make hotels special. We arrived to find the TV controller didn't work and the staff could not find a nail board for my wifes' broken fingernail. There were tea and coffee making facilities, but no convenient plug for them.. There was only UHT milk and no room in the computerised mini bar to store fresh milk. At breakfast we ordered tea which never arrived and we were offered toast when we had finished eating.
This is a nice city hotel, which could do better. I am sure clients would not notice that they were paying 10% more but would certainly appreciate an increased attention to detail

Room Tip: Higher the better for city view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank flue123
Dear flue 123

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was pleased to learn that you found the hotel beautifullly furnished however disappointed that you found there was a lack of attention to detail. I can assure you that alll guest feedback we receive is extremely important to us and will be shared with the Management and Staff here at the hotel.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed for one night as a treat before leaving on an early ferry but, what a treat! Impeccably courteous staff who couldn't do enough to help, beautiful modern décor. A fabulous bed and bathroom. Really couldn't fault anything about the facilities. We treated ourselves to room service as we were going to be up so early the next morning, this was fast, beautifully presented and the food was superb.
If I have any gripe at all it was arriving in the middle of rush hour and really struggling to work out what to do with the car. It turned out that there was valet parking to a secure car park at a charge of £17 for the night, we could have just pulled up outside and let them do the rest. We had booked online in a hurry and were unaware of this so spent nearly half an hour trying to get around to the back of the hotel to find parking. We actually parked in the secure car park by accident as it turned out because the gate was open when it shouldn't have been. A cautionary tale for anyone arriving by car.
All this was made up for though by the extremely efficient service in the morning.
Not cheap but definitely a luxurious treat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally-Anne P
Dear w900sal

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the service, the decor and the facilities. Your feedback in reference to the car parking has certainly been taken on board and shared with the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

northumberland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Sept and got the best deal from their website.Its a very modern,clean and welcoming hotel classed as 5 star but it is more like a very good 4 star.Staff lovely they couldn't help enough but I did have to request bathrobes for my room at the reception twice and eventually had to phone housekeeping up myself.Other reviews have stated that rooms at the front are noisy and yes I have to agree you can hear the traffic as this is on a main busy road but we still slept great and we are light sleepers so it wasn't a problem,The food was excellent and the bar area is wonderful.There was a problem with my bill at the end of our stay but that was soon sorted out.Its in a great area,in fact location couldn't be better.I wasn't really looking foward to visiting Belfast but it is well worth a visit,fantastic bars,shopping,places of interests and the wonderful northern irish people.Also we went on a bus trip up to The giants causeway etc along the coast route and cant recommend this highly enough because Northern Ireland is beautiful,we will return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missyscott
Dear Missyscott

Many thanks for your recent review on your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you found 'the food excellent and bar area wonderful.' I will certainly be passing on all your feedback to the Management and Staff here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here in September for a weekend. Booked online and got a special deal - £200 for 2 nights. Considering the normal price, this was a bargain! The hotel is very centrally located which is excellent for most places in Belfast.
The offer was for a king executive room and I have to say, the room was really nice. Quite spacious, with a good size bathroom, and a comfy bed.
However, it stated bathrobes are provided for all executive rooms - they aren't. You have to ring guest services and get them sent to your room. Also we were there as a couple, but there were only toiletries left for one person and although we asked for more, they never arrived!
We didn't eat in the hotel as breakfast was another £20 each per day - a bit exorbitant for breakfast!!
Finally, for a (supposedly) 5* hotel, I would expect only the best staff but, I found the front desk staff lacking in every way. They weren't rude but neither were they pleasant - nor did they go out of their way to be helpful. We asked about leaving our luggage on the sunday and were told to 'go over there and someone will sort it' and pointed in the general direction of a desk. Also, we asked for a late check out (as we had a late flight) but were told there would be a charge. However friends of ours who were also staying on the same deal as us, got the late check out for no extra cost - so it obviously depends on who you get.
Overall this is a really nice hotel, but let down by all the things I would think give it the extra star. I wouldn't stay here again because I definitely think there are better hotels in Belfast for less (such as The Merchant)!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Marielouise G

Many thanks for your recent review regarding your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am pleased to read that you found the room really nice and quite spacious, I was however disappointed with some of the areas you mentioned and would very much like to discuss this further with you. Could I please kindly ask that you contact myself directly at the hotel.