“A great hotel, excellent staff”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
ireland
“A great hotel, excellent staff”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a treat for myself and best friend. The room was lovely, spotless and well appointed. The bathroom was luxurious. The location is bang on city centre. The staff are excellent not only did I get a little welcome card for my birthday but everyone we met was friendly and helpful especially Philip on reception, can't wait to stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Suzym73Ireland,

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay and that you found the staff to be excellant, I will share you kind words with all the team especially Philip our Concierge.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Ballyshannon, Ireland
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here on 3rd Sept.I have to agree with Mojitolovers.Certainly not a 5 star or anyway near it.Booked because it was my partners birthday,but sorry I did.Promised an upgrade when I booked but none available when we booked in or so we were told.We were told that we were getting an executive room but this is their standard room.It was very small.Dust in the bathroom.no shelf.had to leave our toilet bags on the floor.Breakfast was average,My partner had scrambled eggs but could nt touch them.We didn't risk having dinner when we saw the room.Probably a 3 star hotel but that's about it.Wouldnt recommend it.Going back to Europa,

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Johny103,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am very disappointed to learn of your experience and that your visit did not live up to your expectations. All feedback is of great value and I would be grateful if you could contact myself directly to discuss, so these issues do arise again in the future.

Hobart
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nicely appointed room, albeit a little small but to be expected of a city hotel.
Service and food and drinks all very good indeed.
I would have given the overall rating as 'excellent' except for the toilet seat in our room.
A modern bathroom, done out in black, white, glass and chrome but with a square seat that cut into my bottom and was not very comfortable at all.
My wife did not complain but that's probably because she has a slightly smaller bottom than me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Roulestonfinancial,

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you had with the toilet seats in the room.

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the service from the hotel very good.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The highlight of my visit were the staff who were friendly and helpful from the front desk to the concierge to the wait staff. The room is nice, if a little small. Lights are a little tricky to operate and we did have an issue with our wake-up call but once alerted the staff made sure the concierge came and knocked on the door for us. Breakfast was wonderful, although the coffee is not good, but I never got a good cup of coffee in Ireland. Had to request extra towels even though they knew it was two women in the room. The hotel is centrally located so nothing is very far but taxis adn banks are easy to get.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Linda F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It is a great pleasure to read how helpful and friendly the Reception and Concierge team were during your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found breakfast wonderful. I will certainly share all your lovely feedback with all the team.

NORTH WEST ENGLAND
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Fitzwilliam for one night whilst visiting the province last weekend.
The staff were very helpful and offered the traditional Ulster welcome. The room was appointed and it was very enjoyable. Staff went to special lengths to obtain my choice of newspaper. Breakfast the following morning was good too.
The hotel is well located in the heart of the city centre and I am already looking for a reason to return!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear AS1690,

Thank you for taking the time to write such nice feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you recieved great service from all the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Organised a hen party in Belfast and stayed here for one night. Staff were helpful although they gave away the larger room to somebody else by accident, no rooms left so compensated by giving us two glasses of wine. The hotel is convenient to bars, restaurants and shopping. Rooms were modern and clean.
Corridors are a bit too dark for my taste. Breakfast was delicious. Overall it was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mimiwan
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Mimiwan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a kind review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I would like to apologise for the mistake on your room type and I am very happy that you enjoyed the 2 glasses of wine to compensate. It is very nice to read that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast in the restaurant and found the hotel to be very centrally located.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the not to distant fuure.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Fitzwilliam in July for a couple of nights break for my birthday. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we had a completely hassle free time.

The decor of the hotel is very modern and makes for a very relaxing stay. The bedroom had a HUGE and really comfortable bed. Room seemed to be very clean and there was no noise heard during the night.

The hotel is very centrally located and is about a minutes walk from the main bus station in Belfast.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Belfast for business or a short break!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kashmein,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such excellant feedback on your recent stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It is with great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how you found the bedrooms comfortable with the HUGE bed. I will certainly pass on you lovely feedback with the all the team.