“Grahame & Cathy August 2013”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nicely appointed room, albeit a little small but to be expected of a city hotel.
Service and food and drinks all very good indeed.
I would have given the overall rating as 'excellent' except for the toilet seat in our room.
A modern bathroom, done out in black, white, glass and chrome but with a square seat that cut into my bottom and was not very comfortable at all.
My wife did not complain but that's probably because she has a slightly smaller bottom than me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Roulestonfinancial,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you had with the toilet seats in the room.

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the service from the hotel very good.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews

Write a ReviewReviews (3,356)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The highlight of my visit were the staff who were friendly and helpful from the front desk to the concierge to the wait staff. The room is nice, if a little small. Lights are a little tricky to operate and we did have an issue with our wake-up call but once alerted the staff made sure the concierge came and knocked on the door for us. Breakfast was wonderful, although the coffee is not good, but I never got a good cup of coffee in Ireland. Had to request extra towels even though they knew it was two women in the room. The hotel is centrally located so nothing is very far but taxis adn banks are easy to get.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Linda F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It is a great pleasure to read how helpful and friendly the Reception and Concierge team were during your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found breakfast wonderful. I will certainly share all your lovely feedback with all the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Fitzwilliam for one night whilst visiting the province last weekend.
The staff were very helpful and offered the traditional Ulster welcome. The room was appointed and it was very enjoyable. Staff went to special lengths to obtain my choice of newspaper. Breakfast the following morning was good too.
The hotel is well located in the heart of the city centre and I am already looking for a reason to return!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear AS1690,

Thank you for taking the time to write such nice feedback on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you recieved great service from all the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Organised a hen party in Belfast and stayed here for one night. Staff were helpful although they gave away the larger room to somebody else by accident, no rooms left so compensated by giving us two glasses of wine. The hotel is convenient to bars, restaurants and shopping. Rooms were modern and clean.
Corridors are a bit too dark for my taste. Breakfast was delicious. Overall it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mimiwan
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Mimiwan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a kind review on your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I would like to apologise for the mistake on your room type and I am very happy that you enjoyed the 2 glasses of wine to compensate. It is very nice to read that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast in the restaurant and found the hotel to be very centrally located.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the not to distant fuure.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Fitzwilliam in July for a couple of nights break for my birthday. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we had a completely hassle free time.

The decor of the hotel is very modern and makes for a very relaxing stay. The bedroom had a HUGE and really comfortable bed. Room seemed to be very clean and there was no noise heard during the night.

The hotel is very centrally located and is about a minutes walk from the main bus station in Belfast.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Belfast for business or a short break!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kashmein,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such excellant feedback on your recent stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It is with great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how you found the bedrooms comfortable with the HUGE bed. I will certainly pass on you lovely feedback with the all the team.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. It is centrally located, and has many bars and restaurants within walking distance. The lobby is inviting. I found the bar to be a bit dark in the evening and had to use my phone to read the bar menu. Nice selection of food and drink at the bar for fare later in the evening. My room came with breakfast. The selection of rolls, ham, cheese, fruit, croissants, cereals, etc., was perfect. I did not try the hot breakfast. Concierge was great, helping us to find a taxi that took American Express, or one that didn't require chip and pin. Loved my room, it was nice and quiet. Free internet was very good. Plenty of plugs in the room to charge my phone, run my computer, etc. I didn't have a car on this trip, but the parking was pretty expensive. I would definitely stay here again, if given the opportunity. I wouldn't say this is a 5 Star, but the location was excellent and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Melinda ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback on your recent stay at the The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am very pleased to read how much you appreciate the food and drink selection in the bar and also the selection you got with your breakfast, the service from the concierge and the overall hotel experience. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments to all the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to ensure you had a great stay. The restaurant was well appointed and staff attentive, the concierge ready to assist and reception staff helpful. The rooms were comfortable and decor interesting. Overall, great stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Fiona H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read that recieved great service during your stay and that you found the concierge and reception very helpful.

We hope to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.