“Good city centre hotel”

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
London, United Kingdom
“Good city centre hotel”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is relatively near the older Europa Hotel but it is a better option. Good, bright rooms with tea/coffee and minibar and free wifi. Friendly staff and pleasant communal areas. There is also a small gym.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn M, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Ullans

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review on your recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I was delighted to hear you had a lovely stay and enjoyed our facilites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Carolyn Matthews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Carrickfergus, Ireland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had an early appointment at the City Hospital and thought the hotel would be ideal to avoid the rush hour, it was, 5 minutes to the hotel. Our car was sitting at the front door (£17 overnight valet parking excellent value) within 5 minutes of asking.
The stay turned out to be much more. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have had had in a hotel (not the solid block most hotels have).
Food in the bar was excellent value and quality, wonderful stay and we will be back next month.

Room Tip: We like a quiet room so the back of the hotel well away from generators best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear David M

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. It is a pleasure to read your kind comments about the hotel and to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you decide to stay with us again at the Ftizwilliam Hotel Belfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews
Derry, Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the Fitzwilliam on our visit to the ballet in the Grand Opera House on 16th March 2013. Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We were really bowled over by them! The hotel was very comfortable and the food was very good. We chilled there for the whole day, we found it so relaxing. We had lunch in the bar, which was very good, followed by a very nice dinner in the restaurant before going to the theatre. The dining room staff very kindly arranged for us to have our desert and coffee after we came back from the theatre, which was actually after the dining room closing time. Our room was very comfortable.
The only improvement we would suggest is to instal heaters over the entrance doors as there are 2 doors into the foyer which made it a bit draughty as the weather was very cold.
We would very definitely recommend it and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Ursula B

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. It is such a pleasure to hear your kind comments about the Hotel and knowing you enjoyed your stay. We value your input and will certainly share this with the team. We are currently looking into the issues reference heating in the lobby.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Modern, simple design with warm decorative elements. The reception is polite, helpful and efficient.

My room (718) was spacious with a huge bed and a decent-sized bathroom with both bathtub and large shower. Missing in the bathroom was, however, a large shelf or sink plate: with nowhere to put all my personal cosmetics, my vanity bag was standing on the floor!

My room had safe, coffee / tea facility and CD player / radio close to the bed. The lighting system was elaborate, with various spot light options, but not fully thought through: I had to get up to switch off entrance / other bed side lights!

The in-room internet connection was free and easy. I liked reading the news in the bed, with a classic music playing, tea at hand and a discrete lighting in the various room areas.

On the other hand, the room temperature was too low for me and the individual temperature adjustment did not help. Car traffic noise was disturbing on the 7th floor as from 4 am.

The continental breakfast started at 7 am only and was spartanic: neither white cottage cheese nor honey, only one type of ham and salami, 2 varieties of jam...

Nonetheless, I liked the warm atmosphere of hotel and service.

Luck, I guess, was not on my side: the first night, all hotel guests were woken up at midnight and at 3.30 am by a smoke alarm. No instructions followed whether to evacuate the building: some of my colleagues called up reception to check if there was a serious problem. Despite excuses the next morning quoting a smoking guest as a cause and assurances that the problem was solved, the alarm went on again in some rooms the following night...

Another incredible story: at the reception, I ordered a taxi for the departure day at 7.10 am. At 6.40 am, still in my bath, the telephone rang, I rushed, in vain, to pick it up. I had returned to my bath when 3 minutes later a hotel employee knocked at my door trying to rush me down as a cab was waiting ...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Travellersfromswitzerland,

I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, especially with the fire alarm and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you as a result.

I have communicated each point you have highlighted to our Management team to address and resolve to avoid any future repeat. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further and hope you would contact me via krobinson@fitzwilliamhotelbelfast.com. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Wonderful stay at this hotel. Very clean and friendly. Stayed on the seventh floor with lovely views over the city and the surrounding hills. The purpose of the visit was to see the ballet at The Royal Opera House and could not have been more convenient. Pouring with rain but did not get wet as so close. The restaurant was good with a varied menu and good wine list. The breakfast was good and the bar meal snacks were also very good. The bar was well stocked with a variety of whiskies.We would certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear SWFCdave,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Fitzwilliam Hotel. I have passed your kind comments onto the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and i stayed in the fitzwilliam after receiving it as a gift voucher from our friend. We had a wonderful stay in 702 - the room with the beautiful view! The room itself was stunning, very modern and spacious. We loved the layout. Especially the bath and the views out the windows over the city.
Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, especially the lady at desk, think her name was jara. She checked us both in and out from hotel an couldn't b any more helpful with recommending restaurants during our stay.. we had a lovely meal at James Street South. Great restaurant; a must try! We came back full up! Overall great stay and brilliant staff, thank you fitzwilliam.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear bigmaueve,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. It is such a pleasure to hear your kind comments about the Hotel and knowing you enjoyed your stay. We value your input and will certainly share this with the team and especially Jara. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

While I did enjoy my stay at the Fitzwilliam, and felt the accommodation to be exceptional, I must complain about one aspect. Twice in one night the fire alarm was pulled, and I was compelled to leave my bed and run down four flights of stairs. No reason was provided by the staff: I was merely informed on both occasions that it was a 'false alarm'. As I only stayed one night, two alarms meant that I slept no more than two hours at a time. The accommodation was excellent, very clean and spacious, but the circumstances were most unfortunate. No recompense or apology was made for the alarms, and for the price paid I felt this to be inconsiderate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Sonya M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast and for your kind comments regardng the Hotel.

I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues with the fire alarms during your stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you as a result.