“WOW! One of the best hotels I've stayed in.”

The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“WOW! One of the best hotels I've stayed in.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Room the moment we arrived we felt like royality.
We used the valet service with our car which made arriving very easy. The staff were very helpful and the room was amazing.
We stayed for two nights, and I wish we had skipped our visit to dublin and made a longer stay in Belfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eugene M
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Eugene M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of us. We were delighted to read your fantastic review. We value your input and will certainly share this with the team. Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Firstly, anyone thinking of visiting Belfast, don't be put off by the rubbish you read in the press. It is a very friendly, small city and one that you will want to go back to. The Fitzwilliam Hotel is situated in the centre of the city, 2 minutes walk from City Hall, and the attitude of the staff makes it a hotel you don't want to leave. The concierge Declan and his team were superb in arranging visits for us at shortish notice, and advising us where to go to hear traditional Irish music. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they had never heard the word 'no'. The rooms were extremely well appointed, the high end of luxury with a bath you needed a snorkel for; it was that deep. The bed was huge, I reckon it would suit 4 people, and it was so comfortable. The hotel is near a church centre with bells that ring on the 1/4 hours, but on the hour plays one of 28 different tunes, but don't worry it stops at 9pm. We ate in the hotel bar one night, and the food was Michelin star equivalent, excellent Irish food, and the breakfast in the restaurant was delicious too ( I recommend the Irish breakfast).
Reception staff were friendly and fun to talk to, and again no request was too difficult for them, and it was a sad moment when we had to leave them. The concierge will arrange pick ups (at cost) from and to the airports, and will arrange for these to be added to your bill. They will also arrange a shuttle to take you to the start of the hop on hop off bus tour. I certainly want to go back to Belfast, and when I do, the Fitzwilliam is the only place I would stay. You m ust experience it yourself or you are really missing out.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, so don't worry, reception will look after you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RichardWynne
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear RichardWynne,

Thank you for choosing The Fitzwilliam Hotel for your visit to Belfast. We really do appreciate your kind words regarding our Concierge and Reception team, especially Declan. We are delighted to know that you would choose us again should you be returning to Belfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The location, service and contemporary designed hotel is fabulous for a weekend break. The hotel room view isn't impressive but it is a city. Declan from concierge was absolutely brilliant; he designed a compact itinerary for us in minutes to enjoy the highlights of Belfast. Dan our tour guide we highly recommend. Declan booked VIP places for all the hotspots in the evening. From the historical tours, the Irish dancing pubs to fine dining- we thoroughly enjoyed it all! Belfast locals are so welcoming and treated us like friends. We highly recommend The Fitzwilliam Hotel specifically for location and Declan!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Marsheeno1
Dear Marsheeno1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.
We value your input and will certainly share this with the team and especially Declan. Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Kind Regards
Newtownards
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We are just back from a stay at the hotel. All staff members were really friendly and welcoming. Our room was very impressive and spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was immaculate. The only niggles we had was that some of the furniture was a little 'tired' looking, with the odd mark and scrape on it, also the legs on the frame of the bed sat out slightly, so we kept clipping our toes off them ... painful! It said on the information that the hifi would connect to an ipod docking station, but it helps if you are supplied with the cable required to do this. Not all channels worked on the television, and would sometimes come up 'no signal'. As we were only staying the one night to attend a concert, these were minor issues, and we still enjoyed our time at the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear KJS40,

It is such a pleasure to hear your kind comments about the Hotel and knowing you enjoyed your stay. I am delighted to share with you that we are looking into the issues you raised with us regarding the Television.

Fermanagh
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed in the Fitzwilliam on a few occasions and this time was really disappointed. The receptionist was friendly when we arrived and room was clean. We requested a newspaper to be sent to our room the following morning that did not arrive. We were woken up just after 7.30am by staff sorting bottle bins (no chance of sleeping through that racket). My husband had a burger in the bar and it was really dry with a handful of dry rocket piled on the plate with no dressing - definitely not what I expect from a 5 star hotel. When we went to check out another rooms food had been added to our bill which the receptionist then removed. Overall really disappointing all round and will not be back.

Room Tip: Avoid room 320 as directly over bottle bins
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dee123_13
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Dee123_13,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, please accept my apologies for the poor experience. We value your feedback and have used it to share with all the relevant departments.
I sincerely hope you will change your mind about staying at The Fitzwilliam Hotel and would welcome the opportunity to improve your experience on any future visits. Please feel free to contact myself directly on krobinson@fitzwilliamhotelbelfast.com.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Enjoyed our recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel. Room was large, comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. The things we didn't enjoy were a) they wanted to take £50 credit per night in the bar, and would then credit back onto our credit card any balance left after our stay b) replacing complimentary bottles in the bathroom with near empty ones c) Some of the TV channels were not working all the time. Would stay there again as it was a very good location for public transport and for the city centre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mazza5256
Cas Catala, Spain
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Fitzwilliam several times and it is one of my favourite hotels in Belfast.

The location is great, rooms are lovely, free wifi, they serve an excellent breakfast and staff are normally very good.

On my most recent stay it fell way short of any previous visits and was a massive disappointment. The first room I was given was much smaller than any room I have stayed in before and was right next to the lift with a constant noise each time a lift arrived. I moved rooms only to end up in a room where the wifi would not work. On speaking to reception they were extremely patronising and insinuated that the wifi was down to me and not lack if signal. The concierge came to the room so I could prove there was no wifi signal. The 3rd room I ended up in had a generator above it which came on at 7am each morning and made it impossible to sleep any longer.

So all in all not a great stay. The concierge was very helpful and a nice guy but I found a couple of the girls on reception to be a little unfriendly and snooty.

I am back in Belfast soon but will most likely try another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Peter J
Dear Ianto Jones,

I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I am delighted to share with you that we are addressing the points you raised and understand your frustration on the night. I would hope that if you were to return to the hotel, you would contact myself directly via krobinson@fitzwilliamhotelbelfast.com, to ensure you receive the most suitable room for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.