“Average- no wow factor”

Hill St. Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Irish, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the heart of Belfast's Cathedral Quarter, we offer brasserie fare with a modern twist as our chefs pride themselves in selecting prime local produce available each season and serving up gutsy fresh food with flavours of the Mediterranean and beyond.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a few hours to spare while waiting for an evening show to start and thought I would stray from my favorite restaurant choice to try the Hill St Brasserie as it had been recommended. I can't really put my finger on it, it wasn't awful but I definitely felt like my money could have been better spent. Compared to other Cathedral Quarter Restaurants it didn't really meet the standard, however it has a lot of potential.

hillst38, Manager at Hill St. Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Good Afternoon Loladee,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like to send us an email with a bit more detail on your experience info@hillstbrasserie, that would be greatly appreciated. As we do enjoy some constructive criticism as it helps us develop our skills and menus.

Many Thanks Will

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went there on a Sunday, me and a couple of friends were hoping to grab a bite to eat around St. Ann's Square but everywhere was booked up, then we came across Hill St. Brasserie.. which is a short walk, the inside of the establishment is rather nice, not overly done to the point that it terrifies the average person but sufficient enough that is appealing to the eye. Unfortunately we just missed out on the deal that ends at 6:30. Will know this for next time, since we're going to be paying for the full price, I decided to get the White Fish Popcorn for starter and then the 55 day aged Rump Steak. As the waiter set the table up for us, he almost stabbed me in the face with a knife, but it was all an accident and we laughed it off. The fish was lovely, well presented... rather appetizing. The sauce that came with it complimented the flavor of the fish. However this was not the best part, the steak arrived.. I asked for it to be done medium.. and it was absolutely divine. I would recommend this restaurant, the prices are not overly expensive what you would expect to pay in Belfast. Service was good, at the time there was one waiter but didn't have to wait too long to get served.

Hey Herman, Thanks very much for leaving your kind and very detailed review. Ha Ha we do apologize for the attempt of cutting of your nose, but to say with our swift action the knife would have been caught before contact. Very please you like the layout of the place. We look forward to your next visit.

Will

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family had Sunday lunch in Hill St. Brasserie on 27th January 2013. The receiption we received was warm and welcoming, all the staff were attentive and pleasant. The food was delicious, no zapping in the microwave, all freshly cooked. We would have no hesitiation recommending eating in this hotel. It was truly a home from home delicious meal.

1  Thank Martha6175
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Divine! Just home and we agree the BEST Steak we have ever eaten.. Service attentive but unobtrusive. So happy #bringbackthecity

hillst38, Guest Relations Manager at Hill St. Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hey Clare, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Apologies it has took us so long to thank you. Its great you were out for the night in support of take back the city campaign. We have had a fantastic response from this campaign. But thank you again for the review our chefs do there best to bring the best produce to the kitchen then to your plate.
Will

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had lunch here today, on suggestion of my sister who has been several times and always had a great meal, lunch or dinner. Was excellent. £5,50 for chicken stir fry which was spicy and delicious. My sister had risotto and if she could, she would have licked the plate. I couldn't help but compare price with McDonalds, 50p more, yet the food was 50 TIMES better, and the surroundings were infinitely better. Support our local businesses because without them, we are left with crappy, tasteless, homogenised, fast food conglomerates.