“Great meal for two, with wine and all for under £50”
Review of Hill St. Brasserie - CLOSED

Hill St. Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Irish, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the heart of Belfast's Cathedral Quarter, we offer brasserie fare with a modern twist as our chefs pride themselves in selecting prime local produce available each season and serving up gutsy fresh food with flavours of the Mediterranean and beyond.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Another great meal in this underrated restaurant in Belfast's Cathedral Quarter. Eaent there a few days after Christmas and was spared the festive fare menu. Very helpful staff.
Food was delicious. Atmosphere good. I've eaten here a number of times and have yet to experience a poor meal.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had dined here before. Arranged to meet up with friends, party of 4, food lovely, staff very pleasant good service definitely be back!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Coming upon Hill St Brasserie was an unexpected treat. At 7pm on a Sunday evening there was no problem in getting a table and the service was marvellous. The three of us were on a Christmas shopping trip to Belfast htat weekend, so we opted for rather traditional Christmas fare from the very decent menu. All our dishes arrived in a timely manner by our very courteous server. I had tasty paté on toasted ciabatta, presented creatively on a slab of slate. For my main it was Turkey and ham and all the trimmings - nicely presented and really flavoursome. Dessert was Christmas pudding - though there was a chocolatey confection that seriously tempted me! However, I'm glad I stuck with my choice because the fruit pudding was moist with just the right amount of spice/alcohol and I loved it. Decent wine too and a good coffee to follow, along with a nice atmosphere made visting Hill St Brasserie and overally unexpected dining treat.

1  Thank Socketcat
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great night out to celebrate my wife's birthday. Not very busy but lovely atmosphere, very friendly staff and delicious food especially the monkfish popcorn!
Was our first visit but we will definitely be back!

hillst38, Public Relations Manager at Hill St. Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you very much Mattydavidson, we are glad we could contribute to your celebrations. The monk fish popcorn is delicious and very creative, we are so happy you enjoyed it.

We look forward to your next visit, now that we are past November the restaurant will be buzzing and have a totally different atmosphere.

Many Thanks.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent food, friendly, efficient staff and a great atmosphere! I visited on Saturday night with my fiance, 2 of our friends and my brother and sister in-law to be. We had an absolutely lovely meal. The beef cheek was so tender it literally just feel apart on your fork! So impressed I have booked again for February for my hen party. I just know all the girls from Scotland will love it!

Scottishmac it was a pleasure for us to serve such a great group of diners. We are delighted you had and excellent evening and enjoyed it so much your coming back to see us in February.We look forward to your next visit with the Hen Girls.

Many Thanks