“Belfast food at it's best”
Review of Hill St. Brasserie - CLOSED

Hill St. Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Irish, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: From the heart of Belfast's Cathedral Quarter, we offer brasserie fare with a modern twist as our chefs pride themselves in selecting prime local produce available each season and serving up gutsy fresh food with flavours of the Mediterranean and beyond.
“Belfast food at it's best”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent food and service. Northern Ireland food with a modern twist. Cosy atmosphere- not too big. Very willing to change menu to suit customer. Great flavours- food is not over seasoned like some restaurants

hillst38, Public Relations Manager at Hill St. Brasserie, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Noblita your comments are greatly received. We are very happy you had such a wonderful experience in our cosy restaurant. Any request we get to change our menu to suit our customer is never to much trouble, as we know everyone has different tastes.

Thank you very much again. We look forward to your return.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food tiny portions!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family and I went here on a sat night for a family reunion..the staff were lovely and food was fab but the portions wer tiny and I mean tiny,we did mention this to staff member who just smiled!!!! And did nothing about it....we had two vegetarians with us who could only order one thing off the menu as there was only one option (very poor in this day and age) and they got a tiny bowl or butter nut squash rissotto.about 4/5 spoonfuls at least! I had the lamb tagine which was the best I have ever had but again tiny portions and I actually don't eat large dinners but I was still left hungry...come on hill st u can do better than this!!! The food is amazing so stop being so stingy!!! Overall it's a great place and I most def would go back but I would be a tad more vocal if the portions were as small.

Thank you very much sharstvcurt for taking the time to write a review.

Although you weren't a 100% satisfied we are so happy you had a great reunion and enjoyed our food. We are sorry you felt our portions were small, and we do take your comments on board and shall use them to improve.

Thanks again for the comments look forward to seeing you again.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

5 of us visited for a meal on Saturday night, we were looking forward to it as it came well recommended.

We had booked and after a short wait we got a table. The atmosphere and decor are nice and we were comfortably seated.

On ordering I would have to say that the staff appeared to have only a limited knowlege of the menu and only a passing familiarity with the wine list.

The starters choice was quite limited basically boiling down to a chice of some type of fish or soup. I chose White bait and while a bit salty, was ok but hardly stunning.

Steak & fries for mains ! You can never go wrong with a steak! Hmmmm? It was cooked well enough but was quite fatty and required alot of chewing lol. The portion size of the fries could only be described as meagre.

Don't order the Cheeseboard! We all decided on the Cheeseboard to finish off but at £6.50 a shot five cheeseboards seemed greedy and we ordered three. The three cheeseboards came on one plate (normally quite acceptable) but the amount of cheese wouldn't have impressed even a church mouse. There were some grapes, crackers and three slices each of four different cheeses - for £19.50! - ridiculous.

The meal averaged at £52.00 each - very disappointing considering that some of us were still hungry and had to go get a gravy chip!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Maurice T
Co Down
“Lovely, lovely experience!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Dined here on a saturday night with my wife at 6pm and chose the early bird menu. Limited choice as you would expect but had all 3 courses and they were delicious! The beef cheek was the best meat I have ever tasted at any restaurant! It just fell apart and melted in mouth, loved it! Service was great and the venue is small but had a good atmosphere with contemporary decor. My only gripe would be the choice of only 2 desserts, it wouldn't have been hard to add a cheesecake or something. This doesnt take away from a fantastic dining experience and I wouldnt hesitate in going back.

hillst38, Guest Relations Manager at Hill St. Brasserie, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for the detailed review, we are grateful you took the time to write a review. We also take your suggestions on board and will definitely be adding a few extra desserts onto the Early Bird Menu. We hope to see you again soon @ Hill St

Thanks Again.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“unbelievable good”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Its been a while since I was in Hill st. brasserie and it has changed quite a lot. all for the better. The reception staff were great, squeezing us in even though they were really busy. The staff were all excellent, and the food was superb. Probably the best I have had this year. Can't wait to go back, i'd reccomend hill st brasserie to anyone, just head down the wee alley in front of the merchant hotel and it's right in front of you.

• Visited October 2012
hillst38, Public Relations Manager at Hill St. Brasserie, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Davy we are delighted you decided to come back to Hill St, and for liking our changed to the restaurant. Thank you also for giving future customers directions to the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Much Appreciated.