“Utterly delightful apartment”

Ranked #10 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
Brisbane, Australia
“Utterly delightful apartment”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I loved staying here! It was only for one night, but I'd definitely come back. I had a one bedroom apartment - very spacious, light and airy. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the apartment was utterly charming and the shower was perfect. Everything was perfectly clean and comfortable. Kitchen was fully equipped including a washer/dryer. Convenient location. Great value for money - I felt like I was home, only to be honest, this place is much nicer than mine :-)
The very best bit though was Ben - if he's not the manager then he needs a promotion! Ben was happy to arrange to be at the apartments for a very early start, and when I phoned to arrange to collect my bags after a day tour, he delivered them for me! This young man was extremely helpful (above and beyond duty) and I hope his bosses read these reviews :-)
Wonderful place, would most certainly visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words in relation to the apartments and in particular, regarding our staff. We take pride in providing top levels of service and I will pass your words of praise on to Ben- I am sure he will delighted to hear that you had an excellent experience.

Peter Ringland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We recently stayed at the Victoria Apartments in Belfast for several nights. Our apartment was so comfortable and cozy...much more like being at home instead of in a hotel. Thank you so much to Peter for answering all of my email questions before we arrived and for being so welcoming upon our arrival. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review- I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at VA and hope that I will get the chance to welcome you back some day.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in the apartments 14 - 17 February as a valentines treat. The apartment is quite close to the city and vost approx £6 for s taxi. Also there is a Tesco 5 min walk away.

We were greeted by a very nice man who showed us to our apartment and presented us with a bottle of wine. He also pointed out some interesting places to visit in Belfast on the map and advised us where we could find some nice places to eat.

The apartment was spotless throughout and really comfortable. The only problem we had was the walls are paper thin and you can hear people in the other apartments.

We were also allowed to stay after the required checkout time of 11am as our train was not till 2pm.

I would recommend these apartments to anyone thinking of visiting Belfast and the only complaint I have was the paper thin walls.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and yours- I must say that your smiles were infectious. I hope that you will visit again should you ever return to Belfast. Thank you for your constructive criticism- we are aware of this issue in some of the apartments and we are currently soundproofing each apartment with the newest SRS soundproofing technology. I wish you both many more happy valentines trips together.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This apartment was just perfect for us: huge rooms, well-appointed in every way and a very friendly welcome by a gentleman who gave at least 25 minutes of his time to ensure we knew how to see everything we hoped to see in our short stay. Very kind indeed. The surrounding area is beautiful and leafy, too. We watched squirrels in the garden while we ate breakfast. A good choice of restaurants and cafés for lunch and dinner just down the road. A wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, apartment 1 is on the ground floor and has access from the car park.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your experience at Victoria Apartments- I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that my local knowledge was of some value. Some of the longer term corporate guests have named the two resident squirrels 'Victoria' and 'Bertie' after Queen Victoria and her husband- I trust that they will still be ruling over the copper beech tree if you ever return. I hope that you had a safe return trip to Perth.

Cairns
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were greeted by the most friendly Irishman who was more than happy to give us recommendations for sightseeing, restaurants, the local area food shopping and a tour information. The apartments were clean, tidy and welcoming. We did have some issues with the washing machine but when mentioning to staff they offered to put our clothes into their industrial dryer/washer which was really thoughtful. I think a new washing machine might be in order, or a least detailed instructions on how to use the thing! There was free parking and easy walking distance to Tesco's. Plus I loved the view of the cathedral and the city from the kitchen. Would defiantly stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor room had a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review- I hope my recommendations on local restaurants and attractions were useful. Believe it or not, a brand new washing machine was installed in that apartment after your stay. (It is unfortunate that you were the one renting the apartment as the old machine came to the end of its life). I hope that you would consider us again if you ever decided to return to this side of the world and thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What a delightful stay!!!!, alike many of the others comments I had wished that I could have stayed more than just one night. Beautiful apartment; really did feel like a home. My husband has even started to think about getting an apartment because of our stay here; that tells you how good it was. Imagine one of the luxury apartments you see on the TV or in the magazines this one is just as good believe me !!! you won't be disappointed in any way in fact you be overwhelmed enjoy :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that your experience was so positive. Interestingly, last year a couple from Dublin loved the apartments and the area so much that they subsequently bought an apartment in the area. It sounds like your husband has taken a similar liking for the apartments- maybe Victoria Apartments should set up some sort of a package deal in collaboration with the local estate agents. Many thanks for your custom- have a wonderful Christmas.

MPLS
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Another absolutely fantastic stay here, the booking process once again was so easy and made travelling halfway around the world such a seamless process.

I stayed 11 nights this time, I don't really have much else to add from my previous review and stay here as it was just perfecto!

Only regret is having to leave, if you are visiting Belfast, and dont want to drive too much, then you will find that VA is perfectly located. If you do a lot of driving it to bad either!

I'm now counting down the weeks to my next stay here Feb/March 2014

I'd also like to add that if you do have any areas of concern or need help at all, Peter and the staff are very quick to address them.

10/10

RECOMMENDED, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

See you soon

Wayne

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Absolute pleasure to have you back again. I am so glad that this stay was as good as the last. We greatly appreciate your repeat custom and hope that we will have the chance to serve you on many more occasions. Thank you for your kind review and all being well, we will see you once again on the 28th February.