“Amazing 3 Day Stay”

Victoria Apartments
Ranked #12 of 44 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I read some of the negative reviews on this place before my Girlfriend and I stayed there for the first time. So, I was aware that there was potential for me to be disappointed. We were not! This place was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the place is on a beautiful, leafy street in what felt like a very safe neighborhood. The apartments certainly lived up to our expectations.

The place was clean, spacious and well equipped. I thought the place was tastefully decorated, and the flat screen TV was a nice touch. The bed was comfy and overall, it was a peaceful, quiet experience. There is a Tescos and off-license a block away on the Lisburn Road, a Spar a block away on the Malone Road, and a 24 hour taxi office a block or so from the Texco. It is within walking distance of city center, but it is a bit of a long walk.

When next I am in Belfast, I will absolutely stay there again...no doubt!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tundraclown
VictoriaApartments, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Victoria Apartments. I hope that when you stay again we can provide an even better service.

Don't forget to phone me directly and I can ensure that you get best price available.

02890 666 400
info@victoriaapartments.co.uk

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Do not stay in these apartments, the photographs bear no resemblance what so ever to the property. Comparing them to low level student accommodation would be a compliment. The beds were damp, the place had not been cleaned, wall paper peeling off, light fittings hanging off the ceiling, majority of the heating did not work, the settee fell apart, the carpet was stained, the front door lock did not work, etc etc
The only upside was the property manager "Ben" was extremely helpful and moved us to another property as soon as we complained.

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank simonfog
ringo90, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sincerely sorry that you feel let down by Victoria Apartments. I am glad however that you are happy with the 2nd apartment that I was able to accommodate you in.

Ben

To anyone who has read this guests review, please note that it was mentioned by one of the guests staying that a family member owned a competing business. Furthermore on our website, at least 5 photos of the very apartment that this guest stayed in first can be found. Hovering the cursor over the photos in the photo gallery on our website, -8, -7, -6, -5, -3 are all photos of the current condition of the apartment that this guest stayed in.

The apartment had been cleaned on the morning of arrival along with with fresh sheets put on the beds, thus I find it difficult to understand how the beds may have been damp. As for the heating not working, a radiator in the kitchen had simply not been switched on.

As for the the front door lock not working:- I leave the front door of the property unlocked during the day while I am in my office as it makes ease for guests coming and going. My office sits directly facing the door with a very high tech' CCTV system monitoring the entrance and front of the building.

I apologise sincerely to anyone that feels insecure with the front door of the building being unlocked. I would however like to assure everyone that there have never been any issues while a member of staff has been on or of site and the door is only unlocked while a member of staff is on site. My office is also in direct view of the front door and as such while a member of staff is on site anyone entering the front door can be clearly seen from the office.

When a complaint was made the following morning I offered the guest another apartment and helped the guest transfer at their own convenience.

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 02890 666 400 or info@victoriaapartments.co.uk.

I can be contacted by phone 24 hours per day and by e-mail 9am-6pm everyday.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I flew from Manchester to Belfast to meet my college friend and her husband who live in Dublin. The three of us stayed at Victoria Apartments for one night. It was a very lovely stay. We got a one bedroom apartment on the top floor.

The apartments' location was very good (close to Tesco, restaurants and coffee shops on Lisburn Rd). It's a short drive to the downtown area. The full kitchen comes with a full set of pots, pans, dishes and silverware. Since it's a quick stay, we didn't get to use the kitchen much other than for Chinese takeaways for dinner and cereals for breakfast. The big pluses are free wifi and cozy living room with HDTV. We actually watched the X Factor pre-season finale here.

I would have to thank Ben for a lovely welcome. He showed us the city map and told us everything we should know about Belfast - anything from what to do/eat to where we should or shouldn't go. We would love to stay here again if we were to go back to Belfast.

If you have time, stop by Cafe Mauds for lunch and ice-cream. You'll love it!

Room Tip: Top floor is good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank SaranR
ringo90, General Manager at Victoria Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you to stay and I enjoyed meeting you. I look forward to having you stay again in the future if you are ever back in Belfast.

General Manager.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Beautifully renovated and generously appointed. Very friendly service. And free wifi. We booked for one night and ended up staying three.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BernieWilliams
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We booked Victoria apartments as it was listed as a '5 star' apartment in belfast. This place is far from 5 star! The only positive point about the apartment was the location- nice leafy area of Belfast and conveniant to town centre and the bustling Lisburn road.

When we arrived we were bitterly disappointed; dated decor in hallway, kitchen and bathroom not to mention everywhere needed a good clean as it felt incredibly gruby! Living room was a nice airy room with good views and nice big tv however the attention to detail really let it down; frayed edges on the carpet that was coming away from the wall, 80's electric fire, plug in radiators and gruby walls that needed a good lick of paint. The bedroom was basic but nice (apart from the meter board stuck in the middle of the main wall!!).

My husband went to complain and was basically told 'it is a 5 star apartment' and what did they want us to do!they suggested moving us to another hotel but we would have to pay the difference (plus the inconveniance and stress!). The manager couldnt understand what we werent happoy with...check out the photos and that shows you the standard of the apartment.

Overall the apartments are in a great location (safe area etc) and a lovely building but the building itself needs a lot of money spending on it to bring it up to the 5 start rating it claims to be!! Myself and my husband are not picky people, and are always happy to stay in any accomodation-as long as its clean- but when we were away for a break expecting a 5 star accomodation we were bitterly disappointed. The apartments would be great for a group of friends getting away for a stag/hen weekend when not much time will be spent in the apartment. (especially as you will get woke up at all hours due to the noise from apartment above due to poor soundproofing)

We would not normally consider complaining or putting a negative comment on trip advisor but the reaction of the manager when we complained and the thought of another couple turning up to expect a 5 star apartment and getting 3 star is annoying me!!

Hopefully the manager can spend some time inspecting his apartments and spending some money bringing them up to date!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargaretFlorence
Reviewed October 12, 2011

a group of friends and I stayed in these apartments for a long weekend and were majorly impressed by it. the large apartment had a homely feeling and very spacious. The staff were very friendly and were eager to help when asked. We arrived 5 hours before normal check in time due to the flight times but that was not a problem the general manager Chris answered his phone when I woke him up at 8:30am (sorry Chris) and came down from his house to let us in the apartments. The apartments have everything you would have in it at home. The were clean, modern and warm. I would recommend these apartments to anyone staying in Belfast and I will not stay anyplace else in Belfast. 10 out of 10

Room Tip: Ground apartment back room off kitchen you will have a great sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank JordyBurns
Reviewed September 22, 2011

i come to Belfast every couple of months on business. I fancied a change from hotels so thought i would give Victoria Apartments a go. Im pleased that i did. its a nice change to have a few rooms and some peace when you come home from work. The best point of all for me wasn't the accommodation (which was fab by the way, very clean, well equipped inc dishwasher etc, roomy and some nice fashionable touches) was Ben who could not help visitors any more than he did.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business