“OK”
Review of Deanes Restaurant

Deanes Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, British, Irish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Western Ireland, Ireland
“OK”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tried out the Fish Restaurant for the first time on our visit to Belfast.
Atmosphere was good, and it was busy, which is good to see.
But would I go back? Maybe not.
I just found a bit too.... too.....arrogant??
Staff didn't want to engage, which I suppose they take from their leader, who came to drink in the bar, but made no attempt to interact with his customers. Shame really.
Food was OK, but no WOW factor.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Sampler Menu”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited Deane's on Howard Street for a special occasion. We both had the sampler menu. Food was average but service extremely slow due to a function upstairs.
Avoid adding the wine option to this meu as it is a total rip-off. £30 each for what was in total a glass of wine each. Each course came(when the waiter remembered!) with little more than a mouthful of wine.

• Visited May 2013
Ireland
“Unmet expectations”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

On Saturday 27th March I went to tis restaurant full of expectation. My companion on the night had been there before and really recommended it. At present I am on a very restricted diet for health reasons. This means I cannot eay wheat or dairy products. I rang Deanes on April 11th and spoke to an accented (french?) man. He assured me they could cater for me. However when I arrived I was unable to eat a starter off the pre theatre menu. One very helpful member of staff did assist and I ordered a salad starter and beef main course with a side of bok choi. These came and were delicious but small. As I was unable to eat bread I was still hungry. I was then unable to order a dessert which was wheat free. I asked for a fruit salad or even a piece of fruit. Not available. I spoke to the assistant manager and the hostess. She removed the service off the bill as a gesture. All in all a disappointing meal costing about 30 pounds sterling and I was still hungry after. If they could not cater for me they should have said when I rang them.My friend ate off the pre theatre menu and loved all she got. bread was extra, as were vegetables. She was happy though. So if you don't have dietary restrictions eat here, otherwise look for somewhere else.

1 Thank fizziterrorist
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
“A Happy Birthday To Remember!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I surprised my husband (then fiance) with a birthday dinner at Deane's on Howard Street. We opted for the pre theater menu which was mid week and excellent value for money. In Belfast, this taster menu delivers the best food experience you can buy at an affordable price, luxury is indeed for all!!!! I had a starter of foie gras which was served with a wheaten bread and it was absolutely to die for. My main was Chicken Chausseur which had the richest, most tastey sauce and succulent chicken on the bone pieces I have ever had. Amazingly smooth mashed potato accompanied. The Maitre D came and took our coats and in between courses they come and sweep the crumbs off the table, its fine dining at its best. The desert was a trio of beautiful things which included peanut brittle from my recollection and again you just knew you were at the hands of a very talented chef or team in the kitchen. All in all, the pre theater menu is a fantastic way to introduce yourself to fine dining. Meal total for 2 persons and 3 courses each and a bottle of water and a bottle of fine wine was no more than £75.00. Certainly worth another visit on a special occasion.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had lunch in the Brasserie - our second visit - yesterday. The food is excellent and the service is perfectly pitched. The Seafood Bar next door was very busy so we opted for the Brasserie and were not disappointed. We had the £10 lunch which was very good value, and ordered some extra side orders - all cooked extremely well. We will go again and recommend this restaurant enthusiastically.